The purge is on!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I have a feeling that even though he'll still be criticised for his defence ... if Garrick scored 15-20 tries and kicked at over 80% next year, a lot of the criticism would die down a fair bit.

The fact that he only scored 4 tries this year and that his kicking wasn't as accurate as 2019 saw a vast increase in criticism. Although in fairness I think he was largely starved of quality possession out on the right wing which led to the dramatic drop in tries scored, and I think he changed his kicking style and its taken him a while to get a handle on it.

I get it about his defence though. Occasionally he does OK, but other times not so good.
I agree, and he was at fullback for quite a few games, a difficult position that put him under pressure. If he had a chance to play fullback in reserve grade for a while he may end up being ok there, but he was thrust straight into the spot by necessity. He wasn't particularly successful but not through lack of effort.

I agree, and he was at fullback for quite a few games, a difficult position that put him under pressure. If he had a chance to play fullback in reserve grade for a while he may end up being ok there, but he was thrust straight into the spot by necessity. He wasn't particularly successful but not through lack of effort.

Reubs is OK as a back up fullback, but yeah unless he plays there regularly and gets a handle on things like positioning, when to come into the line etc ... you wouldn't really want to play him there too often. For mine his best position is wing.

Here's hoping that Turbo manages to stay healthy from now on.

As things stand at this very moment, and forgetting who we "might" sign before next year ... this is how I see us lining up in Round 1, 2021:

FB - Tom Trbojevic
WG - Tevita Funa
CE - Brad Parker
CE - Dylan Walker
WG - Reuben Garrick
FE - Kieran Foran
HB - Daly Cherry-Evans
PR - Taniela Paseka
HK - Cade Cust
PR - Martin Taupau
SR - Jack Gosiewski
SR - Curtis Sironen
LK - Jake Trbojevic

Bench - Josh Schuster, Sean Keppie, Hermole Olakau'atu, Morgan Boyle.

Suli and Jorge will still be on the injured list. If he's still at the club, Hopoate will be at Blacktown. And if he's fit, and given what we've already seen from Des, I'd expect at this stage that Jetski is the first cab off the rank to take Thommo's vacant back row spot.

As much as I'd like to see Jake moved to prop and either Siro or Schuster playing lock, I really can't see Des fiddling too much with the make up of the pack other than having to replace AFB, Levi and Thommo. Paseka is the logical choice to start in the front row. I really do think Des is playing smoke and mirrors with any talk of Foz being the dummy half and I can honestly see former junior #9 Cade Cust filling that role until (and if) Fainu returns to the side. And to that end I think Foz will, if fit, be the 5/8 which will move Walker back to the centres.

Other than Foz, right now none of the so far confirmed signings from other clubs really jump out and say "Pick me, I'm first grade".....
Shuster will be at another club if he starts off the bench and Foran is 5/8

I 100% agree with that mate. Spot on. Having Trbojevic, Saab, Walker, Schuster in there for the X-factor and speed would be fantastic. Add Hopoate with a full off season to train. Leaves Suli, who on his day can dominate the opposition.

That would leave Parker, Taufua in thre Canterbury Cup unfortunately.

And Burbo? Looks big, fast, good step and loves to run off Schuster

You are forgetting Morgan Harper who was impressive when given his chance.

With the ball in hand maybe. At this stage I wouldn't pay 10c for his defence.

Centre's these days not only need to be good attacking players, but they need to be strong defenders. Lyon and Matai were great in both attack and defence. Right now we have centre's who can attack but can't defend (e.g. Suli, Harper) and we have centre's who are poor attackers but are good defenders (e.g. Parker). We need ones that are both.

As things stand at this very moment, and forgetting who we "might" sign before next year ... this is how I see us lining up in Round 1, 2021:

FB - Tom Trbojevic
WG - Tevita Funa
CE - Brad Parker
CE - Dylan Walker
WG - Reuben Garrick
FE - Kieran Foran
HB - Daly Cherry-Evans
PR - Taniela Paseka
HK - Cade Cust
PR - Martin Taupau
SR - Jack Gosiewski
SR - Curtis Sironen
LK - Jake Trbojevic

Bench - Josh Schuster, Sean Keppie, Hermole Olakau'atu, Morgan Boyle.

Suli and Jorge will still be on the injured list. If he's still at the club, Hopoate will be at Blacktown. And if he's fit, and given what we've already seen from Des, I'd expect at this stage that Jetski is the first cab off the rank to take Thommo's vacant back row spot.

As much as I'd like to see Jake moved to prop and either Siro or Schuster playing lock, I really can't see Des fiddling too much with the make up of the pack other than having to replace AFB, Levi and Thommo. Paseka is the logical choice to start in the front row. I really do think Des is playing smoke and mirrors with any talk of Foz being the dummy half and I can honestly see former junior #9 Cade Cust filling that role until (and if) Fainu returns to the side. And to that end I think Foz will, if fit, be the 5/8 which will move Walker back to the centres.

Other than Foz, right now none of the so far confirmed signings from other clubs really jump out and say "Pick me, I'm first grade".....
I think your teams is right except for swapping Schuster and Foran .The Schu should get 1st opportunity to make the 6 his own .

Forget Schuster. With the Rorters unloading Flanagan they'll throw the house at the Schu and they'll get him.
Can't see it given they have Sam Walker who is rated very highly by them and is about the same age as Schuster.

Schuster will be playing in the maroon and white next year. We will need to worry about upgrading him though if his first year goes as expected.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8