The purge is on!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I just love your positivity Bozo
I love you too and all our Manly brothers and sisters feathered friend :h:
We all have inbred negativity within our human nature
The positive people are the ones that learn how to control and overcome their negative instinct and focus on the positives.
The glass is either half empty or also half full . The toast is totally up to each one of us
Cheers to the Mighty Sea eagles !!!

New for 2021
The most experienced and award winning half Foz
The most exciting young back Schuster
The Younger Turbo has also been signed and he could be anything

Which other club has had three big signings ?

More surprises to come .
That's one signing, Foz. The other 2 Des already had at his disposal all year but decided against using them. I'm a huge Hasler fan BTW, just saying.
I'm looking forward to next season. If we have an injury free season then we play finals. Simple.

The game is so quick now, I think this purge needs to be intense. Next season's side needs to be young. Regardless of experience, we need to pick and stick with the young team and build towards the future. Old heads will not get us there. Piss Dylan Walker off and offer Josh Addo-Carr 800k. This team for next season would be nice...

1. Tom T
2. Hoppa
3. Ben T
4. Suli
5. Josh Addo Carr
6. Schuster
7. DCE
8. Paseka
9. Cust
10. Marty
11. Garner
12. Siro
13. Jake T

14. Foran
15. Jack G
16. Haumole
17. Keppie

Instead we'll probably get:
1. Tom T for 5 games before Funa plays the bulk of the season...
2. Taufua
3. Walker
4. Parker
5. Funa or Hoppa
6. Foran
7. DCE
8. Paseka
9. Croker
10.Marty
11. Jack G
12. Siro
13. Jake T

14. Cust
15. Keppie
16. Sipley
17. Schuster

Why do we buy garbage?

I love you too and all our Manly brothers and sisters feathered friend :h:
We all have inbred negativity within our human nature
The positive people are the ones that learn how to control and overcome their negative instinct and focus on the positives.
The glass is either half empty or also half full . The toast is totally up to each one of us
Cheers to the Mighty Sea eagles !!!
Bro ... I started off positive at the start of this year, I predicted us to make the eight ! And where did we finish!!.. being positive does work !

just sayin’

The game is so quick now, I think this purge needs to be intense. Next season's side needs to be young. Regardless of experience, we need to pick and stick with the young team and build towards the future. Old heads will not get us there. Piss Dylan Walker off and offer Josh Addo-Carr 800k. This team for next season would be nice...

1. Tom T
2. Hoppa
3. Ben T
4. Suli
5. Josh Addo Carr
6. Schuster
7. DCE
8. Paseka
9. Cust
10. Marty
11. Garner
12. Siro
13. Jake T

14. Foran
15. Jack G
16. Haumole
17. Keppie

2. Taufua
3. Walker
4. Parker
5. Funa or Hoppa
6. Foran
7. DCE
8. Paseka
9. Croker
10.Marty
11. Jack G
12. Siro
13. Jake T

14. Cust
15. Keppie
16. Sipley
17. Schuster

Why do we buy garbage?

No Suli?
No Garrick?
No Olakau'atu
No signings at all (besides Foran)?
Fainu could be back?

Mate, it's not all that bad. Then you have depth in Trbojevic, Fainu & others, too. Don't forget our CEO has specifically told me signings would be announced when they are able to, and that he hopes that would restore faith in the clubs strength.

Gotta be more positive buddy. Our team is fantastic, and injury free, even this year we would have been great, We beat Chooks, Raiders, Eels this year...

Well now our season is done and dusted and us manly fans still have the taste of bitter disappointment in their mouths, I think the club should announce some good news in a signing of some sort. We have nothing really to look forward to at this point and a signing could just boost the spirits and give us a little peep into next year
I don't know, Sean - I'm excited that we haven't announced the signing of Tolman. So far, anyway.

1. Tom T
2. Hoppa
3. Ben T
4. Suli
5. Josh Addo Carr
6. Schuster
7. DCE
8. Paseka
9. Cust
10. Marty
11. Garner
12. Siro
13. Jake T

14. Foran
15. Jack G
16. Haumole
17. Keppie

2. Taufua
3. Walker
4. Parker
5. Funa or Hoppa
6. Foran
7. DCE
8. Paseka
9. Croker
10.Marty
11. Jack G
12. Siro
13. Jake T

14. Cust
15. Keppie
16. Sipley
17. Schuster

Why do we buy garbage?
I think JAC for 800K would be short term thinking that would give us a small premiership window. If those years are unsuccessful (especially knowing our luck with injuries) then we would have a half on 1.3 million, a winger on nearly a million, a lock on nearly a million, a fullback on around a million, Taupau on around 650K, and a lot of young talent with contracts that are bound to increase a lot (Shuster, Fainu if he gets off, Olakautau, Harper maybe). We'd be ****ed imo.

If we won the comp you could argue it was worth it but so much risk. It's probably better to take the more gradual route of slowly improving our backline stocks and spotting potential in players like Saab, Schuster, Harper and Burbo. I want us to build a team that can maintain its success at a sustainable rate like 2005-2014

Last edited by a moderator:
Schuster and young Turbo are signings as well . They are not playing next year for free feathered friend :)
Lol so extending a player that is already contracted is a "new" signing? 2020 just keeps on giving maybe we just extend all our squad for another year that our non existent recruiting department can keep sitting on their ass doing nothing.

Welch is gold. He would look great in a manly jersey but we don't need another middle forward imo
I think we do.. paseka, taupau, keppie, boyle and sipley possibly sione fainu.. id say we are really thin in that area and lack alot of experience. I'm not overly sold on keppie yet either. I think we will be in trouble if we don't recruit another quality prop

I think we do.. paseka, taupau, keppie, boyle and sipley possibly sione fainu.. id say we are really thin in that area
Possibly Titmuss, Saddler, and Tuitavake. Plus let's not forget Jake! I count 10 middles in a 34-36 man roster. Realistically, that should be enough. If I tried to count our edge forwards stocks... a little concerning. I would love des to trial Paseka on an edge. Really athletic, got his aggro back as the season went on, loads of potential- even nfl were interested apparently. Could be an absolute weapon on an edge.

Plus I really believe with such an up tempo new game, moving Sirro to the middle will do wonders for us

Possibly Titmuss, Saddler, and Tuitavake. Plus let's not forget Jake! I count 10 middles in a 34-36 man roster. Realistically, that should be enough. If I tried to count our edge forwards stocks... a little concerning. I would love des to trial Paseka on an edge. Really athletic, got his aggro back as the season went on, loads of potential- even nfl were interested apparently. Could be an absolute weapon on an edge.

Plus I really believe with such an up tempo new game, moving Sirro to the middle will do wonders for us
If paseka and taupau are starting that leaves keppie and boyle/ sipley as our rotation. I think haumole is better suited to an edge imo and wasted in the middle. All these other players mentioned have no NRL experience and are all very young. It takes most props at least til mid twenties to really come of age in that position. Also there is no guarantee any of them will be in the 30 just yet. Maybe one or two but in doubt all of them. We need more quality.The drop off will be massive when our starters come for a rest not to mention if one of them gets injured.. God forbid, we don't really have the cattle imo if this occurs. Especially if its an injury that will have one sidelined for a while.

If paseka and taupau are starting that leaves keppie and boyle/ sipley as our rotation. I think haumole is better suited to an edge imo and wasted in the middle. All these other players mentioned have no NRL experience and are all very young. It takes most props at least til mid twenties to really come of age in that position. Also there is no guarantee any of them will be in the 30 just yet. Maybe one or two but in doubt all of them. We need more quality.The drop off will be massive when our starters come for a rest not to mention if one of them gets injured.. God forbid, we don't really have the cattle imo if this occurs. Especially if its an injury that will have one sidelined for a while.
Fair point. I think however that Jake and Marty should be our starting props, and Sirro at 13. Jake can play big minutes. But point taken, we really are relying on potential here. I think you could say that about all positions unfortunately...

In the meantime, we need massively good luck re injuries!

Fair point. I think however that Jake and Marty should be our starting props, and Sirro at 13. Jake can play big minutes. But point taken, we really are relying on potential here. I think you could say that about all positions unfortunately...

In the meantime, we need massively good luck re injuries!
I agree in the fact that Jake should play around the 60 min mark as a prop allowing paseka to drop back to the pine for impact. Our prop rotation is sorted if that were to happen imo and probably wouldn't really need to look externally more than maybe a fringe type. Siro to lock is an interesting theory, I think it could be worth a shot, but the flipside means we'd need two quality backrowers to fill the void. Haumole for mine could be one, but I think like kikau would be better suited not playing the full 80 then someone like davey or garner can cover on the bench. Have someone like sitili on the other edge

• 🤝
Reactions: bSw
No Suli?
No Garrick?
No Olakau'atu
No signings at all (besides Foran)?
Fainu could be back?

Mate, it's not all that bad. Then you have depth in Trbojevic, Fainu & others, too. Don't forget our CEO has specifically told me signings would be announced when they are able to, and that he hopes that would restore faith in the clubs strength.

Gotta be more positive buddy. Our team is fantastic, and injury free, even this year we would have been great, We beat Chooks, Raiders, Eels this year...
Based on this Ryan - my educated guess is that a couple of the signings will be from teams still alive in the finals ie "signings will be announced when they are able to". They are only "unable" to announce the signing if the player was under contract to another club and a buyout was being negotiated or the club was still alive in the finals and that club would not want a media release upsetting their prospects. I am sure the club would not be now be rushing to work out who they will sign with preseason training starting in November. They would have been working on this for months. So I certainly expect some decent signings over the next few weeks.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7