The No-Look News (Schuster Chronicles)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
Do you think that the predictable Jake does the lock position justice at the moment
Jake is the Massive heartbeat that lifts every player around him...I do get your thoughts mate , so no disrespect, but Jake adds so much steel through the middle and is the glue of the side, even though that role often looks boring....I can guarantee 100% his team mates running off the back of his quick play ball and seeing him "always there" appreciate his input and if Manly are to contend....is of Absolute importance....where you are 100% spot on imo is the fact a roving Schu would scare the hell out of ANY defensive line, but happy how the team is currently functioning.
Just 1 more thing with Jake...now the team is going forward, the importance of him getting an early touch off either side of the ruck, playing direct and then out the back, is providing Massive space and for his team mates, where as Schu can simply concentrate on just running first with his passing a secondary option, which makes him extra dangerous.

Sheikheagle

First Grader
Tipping Member
Jake is the Massive heartbeat that lifts every player around him...I do get your thoughts mate , so no disrespect, but Jake adds so much steel through the middle and is the glue of the side, even though that role often looks boring....I can guarantee 100% his team mates running off the back of his quick play ball and seeing him "always there" appreciate his input and if Manly are to contend....is of Absolute importance....where you are 100% spot on imo is the fact a roving Schu would scare the hell out of ANY defensive line, but happy how the team is currently functioning.
Just 1 more thing with Jake...now the team is going forward, the importance of him getting an early touch off either side of the ruck, playing direct and then out the back, is providing Massive space and for his team mates, where as Schu can simply concentrate on just running first with his passing a secondary option, which makes him extra dangerous.

Yep don’t understand the Jake hate. He is the heart and sole of the joint. Unbelievable work rate.

I would love to see Jake rested at some stage in the game... he works himself into the ground and does not add anything extra like he used to. He doesn't break or even bend the line anymore and when was the last time he cut someone in half and hurt them? I'd like to see 60 minutes of the old Jake than 80 of the new one and our bench rotation can handle it.

manlyfan76

There is no A.I. Just better computers
I would love to see Jake rested at some stage in the game... he works himself into the ground and does not add anything extra like he used to. He doesn't break or even bend the line anymore and when was the last time he cut someone in half and hurt them? I'd like to see 60 minutes of the old Jake than 80 of the new one and our bench rotation can handle it.
I think it would do him wonders. Schuster to 13 when jake is off to!

Dion Johnson

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
There is a perception that Jake is slow, which I understand, but in this new era a fast play the ball is money. Every week, Jake's play the ball is much, much faster than anyone else's in our team - the stats are clear on this. He rarely gets put on his back and his play the ball speed is on average less than 3 seconds per play the ball. This helps the next play immeasurably.

So sure, he might not bust tackles like Paseka or have the leg drive of Marty, but he definitely does bring something to an up tempo style in attack (for those who want to see it). We don't have to go too far back to see this value in this area - look at his two hit ups in the last 1 minute against the Warriors and see how quick his play the ball was, helping the field goal attempts.
On Jakes play the ball speed, Jake doesn’t bust many tackles, 80% of his runs he deliberately goes into the defence to get tacked for the quick play the ball. I can’t remember the last time I seen Jake bust the line or pop an offload line he had when he first came into the team.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
There is not doubt about Jake inspiring the team with his non stop defence . That is his strength and are we all made up from strengths and weaknesses that we can work on
But for a player earning the money that he does he does not run and break the line and bend the line like other number 13's do . Breaking the line in attack also inspires and lift teams as well .
In the faster modern game the number 13 offers more than just slow hit ups
Schuster would offer so much more at 13 than Jake does IMO

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
There is a saying that my coach used to say to us when he pulled us aside and let us have it
Not because he hated us but because he loved us enough to get the best out of us

If you are not open to constructive criticism
You are not open to growing in character and to self improvement

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
This is a Mediocre buster
This is what the sign on my gym door says

GREATNESS HAS NO PEAK
ALWAYS STRIVE FOR MORE

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
*We need more from our players in both attack and defence to be a more dominant team and compete against the top teams *

Sheikheagle

First Grader
Tipping Member
There is not doubt about Jake inspiring the team with his non stop defence . That is his strength and are we all made up from strengths and weaknesses that we can work on
But for a player earning the money that he does he does not run and break the line and bend the line like other number 13's do . Breaking the line in attack also inspires and lift teams as well .
Schuster would offer so much more at 13 than Jake does IMO

I agree Jake could be ready for a move to front row and schuster would excel in the 13. Although I keep hearing that schuster has been promised the 6 jersey next year. Not sure if this the case with Josh but it seems a lot of players are keen on playing key positions such as half, five eighth, fullback etc as they are paid better $’s.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
Schuster would offer so omuch more at 13 than Jake does IMO
Here is a different angle Bozo
I agree Jake does not offer as much as Schu in attack, but few do.
I recall a successful Bronco side that won a cluster of premierships and put on huge scores...
When the attacking genius of Allan Langer , Kev Walters and try scoring freaks like Carne were asked who was their most influential player, to a man they said "Shane Webke"....didn't make line breaks, didn't score tries, but created momentum and simply lifted his team with enthusiasm - Jake plays a different role, but has the same effect imo.
To fans its the tryscorers and blokes making breaks who are the stars....but to the players, it's those blokes who do the ugly plays and can look quite boring to most, that win the admiration of the blokes playing along side them

Snake

Snake's Alive!
I agree Jake could be ready for a move to front row and schuster would excel in the 13. Although I keep hearing that schuster has been promised the 6 jersey next year. Not sure if this the case with Josh but it seems a lot of players are keen on playing key positions such as half, five eighth, fullback etc as they are paid better $’s.
One thing about Des is he wouldn't promise a player anything. It's not how he operates and he would never make a prediction about who will be 6 in 12-18 months time. The most that Schuster has been offered is a FG opportunity and he is already getting it.

Paper talk.

Rafferty

Mug punter
Yep don’t understand the Jake hate. He is the heart and sole of the joint. Unbelievable work rate.
Definitely no hate for Jake here, nothing but respect, works his arse off, if everyone of our players gave the same effort as Jake we’ll imagine how we’d be going, his 100% commitment, one thing that stands out to me is how the loss of Tom affected and or altered Jakes game and or his role in the side, they had a pretty freaky ability to play off each other’s game and Jake‘s game or more specifically his attacking game and role in the team changed during what was a pretty tuff time, I’m sure you know what I mean, hopefully the boys will produce some of those freaky brotherly link ups again and Jake‘s game will become whole again and by that I mean he will once again be more than just a tackling machine.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Here is a different angle Bozo
I agree Jake does not offer as much as Schu in attack, but few do.
I recall a successful Bronco side that won a cluster of premierships and put on huge scores...
When the attacking genius of Allan Langer , Kev Walters and try scoring freaks like Carne were asked who was their most influential player, to a man they said "Shane Webke"....didn't make line breaks, didn't score tries, but created momentum and simply lifted his team with enthusiasm - Jake plays a different role, but has the same effect imo.
To fans its the tryscorers and blokes making breaks who are the stars....but to the players, it's those blokes who do the ugly plays and can look quite boring to most, that win the admiration of the blokes playing along side them
Thanks for sharing your angle feathered friend

Here is my angle

I do not compare our players with players that do not bend the line and break the line from the past game

I compare our players with the superior players that bend the line and break the line in the modern game and in the games that we will compete against them this year

The dominant Number 13's of today Like Cameron Murray can turn a game by breaking the line and breaking the opposition players hearts as well .

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 118 22
14 10 4 78 22
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 6 42 17
14 7 7 37 16
15 8 7 -8 16
14 7 7 -50 16