The No-Look News (Schuster Chronicles)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Jake may not be doing amazing things with the ball but his defence in the middle is vital. Take him out of the middle and watch the speed of game eat Manly alive.
Perspective time

All our players defence up the middle is vital

We can not be a one man defence team

NRL quality players should be able to defend . That is the most basic skill to learn in the game

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
I agree Jake could be ready for a move to front row and schuster would excel in the 13. Although I keep hearing that schuster has been promised the 6 jersey next year. Not sure if this the case with Josh but it seems a lot of players are keen on playing key positions such as half, five eighth, fullback etc as they are paid better $’s.
IMO
As far as money goes
It is all about getting value in each position on the field

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
Thanks for sharing your angle feathered friend

Here is my angle

I do not compare our players with players that do not bend the line and break the line from the past game

I compare our players with the superior players that bend the line and break the line in the modern game and in the games that we will compete against them this year

The dominant Number 13's of today Like Cameron Murray can turn a game by breaking the line and breaking the opposition players hearts as well .
That makes it easy Bozo - those games where Murray looks off and can't break an egg....his other middles have not done their job....this is why I say, you need different style players to create opportunities and make those explosive line breaks....even in the modern game you need various dynamics to make attacking structures work....I think ppl must be missing the part Jake plays, he basically lights the wick so the dynamite can go off....Im happy with what he is adding to the side and see his role as a significant part of the recent success

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
That makes it easy Bozo - those games where Murray looks off and can't break an egg....his other middles have not done their job....this is why I say, you need different style players to create opportunities and make those explosive line breaks....even in the modern game you need various dynamics to make attacking structures work....I think ppl must be missing the part Jake plays, he basically lights the wick so the dynamite can go off....Im happy with what he is adding to the side and see his role as a significant part of the recent success
Fair enough

What I am saying is that the most dominant players are complete players who are both affective in attack and defence

Mataiforever

Bencher
If he stays on the field he will be a superstar, I have no doubts. But not convinced it will be as a #6.

Game management required in U/18s (i.e. many of whom haven't finished growing) while playing in a stacked junior side, is surely different to game management required in the NRL playing against adults.

Also this isn't the early 1990s where neither of our halves kicked the ball very often. Being a half means having to put in pinpoint long and short kicks, get repeat sets and build pressure. The past 5 years has suggested that we need both our 6 and 7 doing this regularly or our attack becomes ineffectual.

Are Josh's strengths best utilised doing those things at first receiver? I would say no. He probably has even more space on an edge at second receiver where he is essentially already a playmaker with free reign. He can still pick and choose when to combine with his inside/outside men...

For now I am just glad he is out there and getting his hands on the ball.
i agree to an extent but also don't like the idea of him being stuck to one side

ideally could develop into a ball playing 13 for half the game with jake moving to prop for the other half

i do think some people see his size and go 'he can't be a half' - the bloke runs like a centre, has the size of a prop but the ball skills of benji

from my limited viewing of his kicking game v wests last year, and in juniors/reserves, his kicks looked sweetly timed and positioned.

i just want the bloke to be utilised as the attacking weapon he is (wherever that may be) and given free roam. where that is, we'll wait and see.

eaglebuzz

Bencher
Perspective time

NRL quality players should be able to defend . That is the most basic skill to learn in the game
Give the "perspective time" line a rest BOZO, it got old before you even said it the first time. Everyone's post is a perspective, prefacing your comments with the notion that yours is in some way adding profundity is progressing from tedious to odious the more you do it.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Give the "perspective time" line a rest BOZO, it got old before you even said it the first time. Everyone's post is a perspective, prefacing your comments with the notion that yours is in some way adding profundity is progressing from tedious to odious the more you do it.

We all express our selves differently feathered friend and there is nothing tedious about being unique individuals .

The moral of the story ....
JUST BE YOUR TRUE SELF
LET PEOPLE SEE THE REAL IMPERFECT , CRAZY , QUIRKY , WEIRD AND WONDERFUL PERSON THAT YOU ARE .
BECAUSE EVERY ONE OF US IS BEAUTIFUL IN THEIR OWN WAY AS YOU @eaglebuzz ARE TOO. :)

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
The only motivation I receive from Tony Robbins, is a burning desire to punch his face. Many times over - for an entire week.

I might also be vaguely interested in any attempt to shrink his head.
This is a true story and I can see why you would want to punch Tony in the face :)

Tony Robbins was giving lectures on how to have a happy relationship with your partner and how to over come and resolve relationship issues
and years later he got divorced him self .

Tony Robbins faces the same challenges in life as we all do
The moral of the story
It is not what we say
it is what we do that makes a difference to our lives

LET US ALL DO SOME THING TODAY TO MAKE A GREAT CHANGE TO OUR WORLD
EmG8ZOOVoAE4gM6 (1).jpg

Snake

Snake's Alive!
Perspective time

You’re way off the mark dude. You know how you love speed and speed kills etc? Well defending is no different, it’s just not as exciting. The combination of physiology and technique that makes someone run fast is no different to what makes one person a better defender than another, or a better passer of the football or a better fend...no two are the same. To imply that all defenders in the NRL are as good as each other at keeping the middle tight is like expecting everyone to run the 100m sprint to the exact micro second as one another.
Every player in the NRL can run, but some faster than others. Every player in the NRL can tackle, but some better than others.
Jake is a great defender and if you take him out of the middle for a period of time and put say a 20 year old with a different body, technique and experience, you’re gonna have a different result.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
You’re way off the mark dude. You know how you love speed and speed kills etc? Well defending is no different, it’s just not as exciting. The combination of physiology and technique that makes someone run fast is no different to what makes one person a better defender than another, or a better passer of the football or a better fend...no two are the same. To imply that all defenders in the NRL are as good as each other at keeping the middle tight is like expecting everyone to run the 100m sprint to the exact micro second as one another.
Every player in the NRL can run, but some faster than others. Every player in the NRL can tackle, but some better than others.
Jake is a great defender and if you take him out of there and put say a 20 year old with a different body, technique and experience, you’re gonna have a different result.
I am not way off the mark

Tackle can be taught

Speed is a God given gift

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
I like Jake as is a great defender .
If Jake had the Speed of his Brother we would be a complete Player .

Last edited:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 118 22
14 10 4 78 22
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 6 42 17
14 7 7 37 16