The Kieran Forum

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

How long will Foran last?

• 1 month

Votes: 10 13.5%
  • 2months

Votes: 9 12.2%
  • 3months

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • 4months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • 5months

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Has the best season since 2011

Votes: 42 56.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think while fit Foran will start 6. Schuster will have to wait for an injury to get on the field so we should see him in RD 2.

If so we'll lose him. His manager has already pointed that as likely. If they want to see Schuster move elsewhere, deny him the 5/8 spot, which is his natural position. He hasnt played in the forwards for years, and was moved to 5/8 specifically because he was better suited there. But if people want to push for Foran at 5/8 and lose Schuster, so be it.

If so we'll lose him. His manager has already pointed that as likely. If they want to see Schuster move elsewhere, deny him the 5/8 spot, which is his natural position. He hasnt played in the forwards for years, and was moved to 5/8 specifically because he was better suited there. But if people want to push for Foran at 5/8 and lose Schuster, so be it.
He played nsw u/20s in the backrow...he played centre for Westfields. He played in the forwards from about u/6s until he played SG Ball for Manly.

He is a good edge footballer as well. Schuster's manager was just being a typical manager. Everything will work out fine.

The odds of Foran playing all games next year a 1000 to 1. Schuster is not a big ego and would never flat out say he wants out because of Foz. That's just managers wanting to maximise exposure for their players to ensure they get a nice piece of the pie.

He played nsw u/20s in the backrow...he played centre for Westfields. He played in the forwards from about u/6s until he played SG Ball for Manly.

He is a good edge footballer as well. Schuster's manager was just being a typical manager. Everything will work out fine.

The odds of Foran playing all games next year a 1000 to 1. Schuster is not a big ego and would never flat out say he wants out because of Foz. That's just managers wanting to maximise exposure for their players to ensure they get a nice piece of the pie.

I agree that he played in a rep game in the second row and it reduced his effectiveness (didnt even play the full game). They also lost. He played in his last few years in Manly's juniors at 5/8. I wouldn't for one l minute think that Schuster's manager has not discussed this with Josh and will have influence over him as managers do. He sees an opportunity of playing first grade with another club (and The Tigers have been making noises and need a 5/8), and he doesn't get the opportunity at Manly, I'll lay heavy odds he'll go.

Foran was a fine five eighth, not great but very good (not a patch on Cliffy) but as I see it he will not be as good now as Schuster at 5/8. He's been OK at other clubs in recent years but not great.

Thing is, think it though. If Foran is fortunate enough to survive playing 5/8 all year and does a reasonable job, we've seen how Des operates. He's very conservative and he'll leave him there for the year (may even offer another year). If you think this is OK, fine. I think its disastrous risking a potential star who could be the fundamental component of the Sea eagles team for the next decade. What you're risking is the hopes of one year of Foran at his best...wont happen. His skill will get him through but his body wont be up to the rigors of his past actions, and that was what he was best at. Playing it tough.

Surely we've learned the lesson by now. Go for youth, not old soldiers past their prime. That's been Manly's problem for much of the past 5-6 years

Well it's not up to me anyway, and I'm not pushing for it either, I was against signing the guy as well. I just think that's what's going to happen. The article posted recently says Foran is looking to play 4 more years, if that's true he won't want to be a hooker or bench warmer utility, he'll want to show his worth as a 5/8 and look to extend here or get a full value contract elsewhere if he has a good season. It seems to me Des doesn't have the confidence in Schuster that you do, but we'll see when the season starts I guess.

I agree that he played in a rep game in the second row and it reduced his effectiveness (didnt even play the full game). They also lost. He played in his last few years in Manly's juniors at 5/8. I wouldn't for one l minute think that Schuster's manager has not discussed this with Josh and will have influence over him as managers do. He sees an opportunity of playing first grade with another club (and The Tigers have been making noises and need a 5/8), and he doesn't get the opportunity at Manly, I'll lay heavy odds he'll go.

Foran was a fine five eighth, not great but very good (not a patch on Cliffy) but as I see it he will not be as good now as Schuster at 5/8. He's been OK at other clubs in recent years but not great.

Thing is, think it though. If Foran is fortunate enough to survive playing 5/8 all year and does a reasonable job, we've seen how Des operates. He's very conservative and he'll leave him there for the year (may even offer another year). If you think this is OK, fine. I think its disastrous risking a potential star who could be the fundamental component of the Sea eagles team for the next decade. What you're risking is the hopes of one year of Foran at his best...wont happen. His skill will get him through but his body wont be up to the rigors of his past actions, and that was what he was best at. Playing it tough.

Surely we've learned the lesson by now. Go for youth, not old soldiers past their prime. That's been Manly's problem for much of the past 5-6 years
I'll let Josh know that you know more about him then he does. He had an opportunity to sign with the Storm and stayed out of loyalty to Manly.

I'll let Josh know that you know more about him then he does. He had an opportunity to sign with the Storm and stayed out of loyalty to Manly.

Issue is Snake that he signed with Manly for opportunity. I'll bet he's not on a big contract and that other clubs will be rushing to sign him. He's stayed obviously because he's got his eyes on first grade and most likely 5/8. But this is not the 1960s. Loyalty these days only applies where both sides get what they want. This is business, not park football and if I was him and saw that I is being short changed, I would know my worth and go elsewhere. That's exactly what Foran did. Its what Gutherson did. He will think of No 1 before the team and rightly so. Its his future not there's. Ask yourself honestly in any job you have if you are offered a big contract elsewhere and you are feeling that your skills are not being respected by the business you are working for, would you stay. Ask yourself honestly.

Issue is Snake that he signed with Manly for opportunity. I'll bet he's not on a big contract and that other clubs will be rushing to sign him. He's stayed obviously because he's got his eyes on first grade and most likely 5/8. But this is not the 1960s. Loyalty these days only applies where both sides get what they want. This is business, not park football and if I was him and saw that I is being short changed, I would know my worth and go elsewhere. That's exactly what Foran did. Its what Gutherson did. He will think of No 1 before the team and rightly so. Its his future not there's. Ask yourself honestly in any job you have if you are offered a big contract elsewhere and you are feeling that your skills are not being respected by the business you are working for, would you stay. Ask yourself honestly.
I know him personally and right now he is happy at Manly. He is on a decent contract and is not looking to leave any time soon. Plenty of water to pass under the bridge before he packs his bags due to Foran.

He has openly spoken of his love for Des.

I'm not saying one way or another whether he will be a one club player but right now we don't need to be freaking out because everything is fine. You are more worried about his contract than he is.

I love having snake back.

All round voice of reason and cooler of jets.

How are the boys holding up after the tragedy? Any bolters for a top 17 slot? How are Tom and suli going In recovery? Is des in all conquering mission mode already?

Last edited:
Lovely words from Foran there about his old club that he completely stitched up and left us dry, only to chase the Dalai and his losing ways.

I’ll welcome him back, but I’ll always know that he thought he was bigger than the club and he knew that jerking the club around would result in both DCE and him leaving.

He was a major force in getting Toovey shafted after we were 10min away from premiership glory which would have proved Tooves a great coach. Tooves wanted to give a polite tap on the shoulder to some of the older players and Foran threw the baby out with the bath water in protest and ****ed over a club legend.

Turns out all of Toovey’s calls were correct and some of those players played a couple of seasons too long.

Karma is a bitch and Foran has found that out. Hopefully he is regretful of the way he treated his family at Manly as he never left for the money he only left out of spite, and spite is one of the worst traits in a human.

All will be forgotten if he can produce a few games without injury but till then he is still Parramatta Dalai wannabe Brad Arthur’s biatch.

I had to run an upgrade and I haven't had a chance to re edit the layout. It will be changed more soon
I say leave it until people learn to use this thread...

lol

sigh

Go Foz!

I say leave it until people learn to use this thread...

lol

sigh

Go Foz!
I did that @globaleagle but you’re still here...

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4