The Kieran Forum

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

How long will Foran last?

• 1 month

Votes: 10 13.5%
  • 2months

Votes: 9 12.2%
  • 3months

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • 4months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • 5months

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Has the best season since 2011

Votes: 42 56.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Nope, I'm here but you're there!

Psssh, then you wouldn't have gotten that "like" you begged for! lol
Ahh you always tease the ones you love the most Moosie-pie ;-)

And I prefer "humbly implied" rather than "begged"...

Schuster will accidently run into him during the off season training and he wont play again ala Watmough's knee injury

I think he will be wrapped in cotton wool and get through much of the season...his OFF field presence will be as important as what he offers on the field.
His winning attitude and determination will be sure to rub off on his team mates.
Any sign of injury Des will nurse him and not play through it....if it is more serious I think he will be integral as an extra set of ears and eyes for Des and will ensure the players as individuals, will be as good as they possibly can, great signing imo.

Yep ... if he plays 13 games I will take that as a good investment ... you can make, or miss the top 8 by one win ... and I believe he still has the ability to make a difference in games ...
Even that depends on him going 13 in a row I think. If he's in for 2 weeks out for 3 then back for 4 etc it causes more disruption to the team. But I'm hoping the first time he's out Schuster grabs the 6 and Foran becomes a utility for the rest of the season..

Even that depends on him going 13 in a row I think. If he's in for 2 weeks out for 3 then back for 4 etc it causes more disruption to the team. But I'm hoping the first time he's out Schuster grabs the 6 and Foran becomes a utility for the rest of the season..

I actually see Foran as the super sub from the get go ... brought on to ramp up or stiffen up when needed ... but it will be interesting to see how he is used ...

Should be two polls:

1. Does he make the bye week without an injury, and
  2. Over/under on games played (think 10 is a good number)
Maybe a third poll with another over/under on the "number of Foran looking the best he has in years/training the house down" pre-season articles. Maybe set the line at 3...

I actually see Foran as the super sub from the get go ... brought on to ramp up or stiffen up when needed ... but it will be interesting to see how he is used ...
My gut tells me Des brought him here to play at 6, that hooker/utility stuff was just a Des smokescreen.

I am 100% certain that's where Foran wants to play, he's not a hooker.

That's part of the reason I didn't want Foran because we have halves and backup halves already but no recognised hooker, well none that are allowed to play anyway. I reckon that money could've been better put to that position, but what do I know.

My gut tells me Des brought him here to play at 6, that hooker/utility stuff was just a Des smokescreen.

I am 100% certain that's where Foran wants to play, he's not a hooker.

That's part of the reason I didn't want Foran because we have halves and backup halves already but no recognised hooker, well none that are allowed to play anyway. I reckon that money could've been better put to that position, but what do I know.
I agree. I hope I’m wrong, because I just want us to win... but I really really don’t want to see Schuster held back for a broken down, old man. I don’t see Foran as a success as a hooker... absolutely no chance with his lack of speed and busted body. I also don’t see him as a modern day 14. He is going to be our 6. I will support him for sure. I just hope it all works out.

• 👍
Reactions: Ned
Hopefully all season would be the honest answer. His on-field experience and leadership can do nothing but help the younger players in the team.

So this is what we're reduced to? Almost taking bets on how long one of our players will last before injury sets in?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6