Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

The "Kieran Forum"

bob dylan

Well-Known Member
Premium Member
Super Coach Member
2019 Tipping Competitor
Joined
Jun 16, 2010
Messages
9,486
Foran close to agreeing on a new Manly deal

Nice.
 

Andrew..

It's better to burn out, than to fade away.
2019 Tipping Competitor
Joined
Oct 29, 2004
Messages
2,765
RE: Foran close to agreeing on a new Manly deal

Also love reading that Matai is likely to stay...hats off to Perry and co.
 

MPC75

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jun 27, 2010
Messages
589
RE: Foran close to agreeing on a new Manly deal

I know it's unlikely, but imagine if we kept all of them. That would be a true sign of loyalty and would definatley drive the team for another premiership. There is obviously a special bond amongst this playing group and I'm sure the players will question wether they will find that anywhere else. Trex to me seems like a pretty emotional type of guy, if he is to leave it will hit him pretty hard. Maybe emotions will win out in the end.

One can only hope.
 

Moondog

Well-Known Member
Premium Member
Super Coach Member
2019 Tipping Competitor
Joined
Aug 4, 2010
Messages
7,323
RE: Foran close to agreeing on a new Manly deal

Fingers crossed on T- Rex. He's an excitement machine these days, most improved player in the competition.
 

mickqld

Sea Eagle forever
2019 Tipping Competitor
Joined
Sep 13, 2004
Messages
9,216
RE: Foran close to agreeing on a new Manly deal

Ho hum wake me when its all over.
 

kingyfan

Member
Joined
Aug 18, 2006
Messages
639
RE: Foran close to agreeing on a new Manly deal

MPC75 said:
I know it's unlikely, but imagine if we kept all of them. That would be a true sign of loyalty and would definatley drive the team for another premiership. There is obviously a special bond amongst this playing group and I'm sure the players will question wether they will find that anywhere else. Trex to me seems like a pretty emotional type of guy, if he is to leave it will hit him pretty hard. Maybe emotions will win out in the end.

One can only hope.
t-rex is very close to the stewart brothers and if brett stays it will go a long way to us retaining him. Lussicks value has also dropped considerably and he may also stay.
 

The Wheel

https://membership.seaeagles.com.au/
Premium Member
2019 Tipping Competitor
Joined
Jul 15, 2004
Messages
14,039
RE: Foran close to agreeing on a new Manly deal

If we re sign all of them or perhaps only lose Lussick I reckon we should build a statue of Perry on top of the hill next to the Garden Shed
 

dceagle

Active Member
Joined
Feb 26, 2009
Messages
458
RE: Foran close to agreeing on a new Manly deal

If we lose Lussick to keep the rest , then so be it .
 

Frank

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jun 17, 2010
Messages
1,878
RE: Foran close to agreeing on a new Manly deal

Losing Lussick could be problematic. We are going to be found wanting up front. There are some good props out there that run all over the top of ours.
 

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Staff member
Premium Member
2019 Tipping Competitor
Joined
Mar 8, 2009
Messages
17,479
RE: Foran close to agreeing on a new Manly deal

For example?
 

Frank

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jun 17, 2010
Messages
1,878
RE: Foran close to agreeing on a new Manly deal

SeaEagleRock8 said:
For example?
Are you serious? Take a look at the starting props for most other clubs.
 

Phantar

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jun 20, 2010
Messages
2,192
RE: Foran close to agreeing on a new Manly deal

Lussick is not living up to the 'next big thing' reputation that was being cultivated towards the end of last year Frank. He hasn't exactly shaped up this year. He's still just a kid.
 

eagles2win

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jun 3, 2009
Messages
4,955
Foran close to agreeing on a new Manly deal

Tell Kite he's free to negotiate elsewhere.
Give Nood a role in the club.
King two more seasons, by then Ultra Magnus and Cunningham will be ready
 

Jatz Crackers

Moderator
Staff member
Joined
Nov 5, 2005
Messages
9,336
RE: Foran close to agreeing on a new Manly deal

Frank said:
SeaEagleRock8 said:
For example?
Are you serious? Take a look at the starting props for most other clubs.
Yes he is serious. We dont need to take a look at other clubs, since we have such a good view of our own. Who are these other props we can buy that beat our current crop ?
 

seaeagles4life

Active Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2010
Messages
218
RE: Foran close to agreeing on a new Manly deal

On the original topic, ill take the "news" reported with a grain of salt, the writers of these articles saying he is staying or going know sweet f. all and are merely speculating and feeding on rumours. I have had a feeling for a long time that manly are going to lose foran and lussick to keep snake and trex, whether that still comes to fruition, well only time will tell. In the meantime ill leave the negotiations to the club and individual players/managers. For me, a simple fan, ill sit back and enjoy watching my team play each week.
 

Jatz Crackers

Moderator
Staff member
Joined
Nov 5, 2005
Messages
9,336
RE: Foran close to agreeing on a new Manly deal

seaeagles4life said:
On the original topic, ill take the "news" reported with a grain of salt, the writers of these articles saying he is staying or going know sweet f. all and are merely speculating and feeding on rumours. I have had a feeling for a long time that manly are going to lose foran and lussick to keep snake and trex, whether that still comes to fruition, well only time will tell. In the meantime ill leave the negotiations to the club and individual players/managers. For me, a simple fan, ill sit back and enjoy watching my team play each week.
Cant understand that Foran/Lussick v Stewart/TRex rationale. If it was loss of Lussick to keep TRex it would make sense but losing Foran to keep Snake ? Highly doubtful.
 

seaeagles4life

Active Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2010
Messages
218
RE: Foran close to agreeing on a new Manly deal

Jatz Crackers said:
seaeagles4life said:
On the original topic, ill take the "news" reported with a grain of salt, the writers of these articles saying he is staying or going know sweet f. all and are merely speculating and feeding on rumours. I have had a feeling for a long time that manly are going to lose foran and lussick to keep snake and trex, whether that still comes to fruition, well only time will tell. In the meantime ill leave the negotiations to the club and individual players/managers. For me, a simple fan, ill sit back and enjoy watching my team play each week.
Cant understand that Foran/Lussick v Stewart/TRex rationale. If it was loss of Lussick to keep TRex it would make sense but losing Foran to keep Snake ? Highly doubtful.
I am not saying foran and lussicks contracts value = trex and snakes value but that the combined money freed up by the loss of lussick and foran go some way to helping manly to keep trex and snake. The reality is we cant keep them all, I have accepted that.
 

Jatz Crackers

Moderator
Staff member
Joined
Nov 5, 2005
Messages
9,336
RE: Foran close to agreeing on a new Manly deal

seaeagles4life said:
I am not saying foran and lussicks contracts value = trex and snakes value but that the combined money freed up by the loss of lussick and foran go some way to helping manly to keep trex and snake. The reality is we cant keep them all, I have accepted that.
Ive accepted that someone must go aswell.

I dont think the two you mentioned as going, makes sense in comparison to the two you mention leaving. Nothing to do with combined value $ wise.
 

lsz

Well-Known Member
Staff member
2019 Tipping Competitor
Joined
Oct 25, 2004
Messages
8,336
RE: Foran close to agreeing on a new Manly deal

I believe this story as much as the ones about him going...
 

Staff online

Latest posts

Top Bottom