The Kieran Forum

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

How long will Foran last?

• 1 month

Votes: 10 13.5%
  • 2months

Votes: 9 12.2%
  • 3months

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • 4months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • 5months

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Has the best season since 2011

Votes: 42 56.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Did the Sea Eagles let Foran go a year too early?​

Christian Nicolussi

By Christian Nicolussi

July 1, 2022 — 6.12pm

One of Manly’s premiership legends has conceded it could take the Sea Eagles a whole season to adjust to life without Kieran Foran as the veteran five-eighth produces some of the best form of his career.
Jamie Lyon won an NRL title alongside Foran in 2011, and watched his old teammate play a key role in the nervy 36-30 win over Melbourne on Thursday night.

Melbourne almost pulled off a remarkable comeback against Manly, scoring four tries in the final five minutes.
Foran’s hopes of a two-year deal to remain on the northern beaches were dashed in May and the Titans moved quickly to sign him.
Josh Schuster, who has been seen as the heir apparent to Foran’s No.6 jersey, will need time to make the transition. After an injury-delayed start to the year, Schuster has only started a couple of games in the halves. Manly also have long-term hopes for boom teen Latu Fainu.

Lyon, who won his first premiership in 2008 at five-eighth, said Foran’s performances, and his chemistry with skipper Daly Cherry-Evans, would be tough to replicate.
Lyon, who now lives on the state’s Far North Coast, said of Foran: “He’s been a good leader, he’s helping to get them around the park, he’s not making many errors and was setting up tries again on Thursday night.
Kieran Foran was excellent against Melbourne.

Kieran Foran was excellent against Melbourne.Credit:Getty

“He’s got that spark about him, which is good to see because of the rough trot he has had with injuries, so he deserves to be playing some good footy.
“He’ll definitely leave a hole. Schuster is there, but he plays a slightly different role, and it might take him a year or two to find his feet. He’s got the size about him, and playing in the halves compared to the forwards is different because you’re isolated the wider you get.

“He’s young, he’ll get his fitness up and get a little bit more experience. He’s got some good hands on him and he’ll be fine in the long run. But there will be a transition once Foz is gone.”
Foran was never going to accept the one-year deal on offer from Manly and, while excited about the move north to the Titans, knows there is still unfinished business this year.
Like Lyon, Foran knows Schuster will eventually handle the switch to the No. 6 jersey.
“Josh has a good footy brain and the nous and skill to dominate in that five-eighth position,” Foran told the Herald. “The reason he can be a success is he will have a full pre-season at No.6 alongside Daly, who will guide him and develop him.”

As for his own form, which has some commentators comparing his performances to those he produced more than a decade ago when the Sea Eagles won their last premiership, Foran said: “Deep down I believe I’m getting the rewards for the hard work I put in through some really tough years.
“The body is also physically in a really good spot and I feel like I can do everything I want to do on the footy field without any hesitation or self-preservation, which is how I played years ago. I feel like I’m back there again because my body can withstand anything I want to put it through.”

Absolutely we are making a mistake by letting him go. He has been far more consistent than DCE, the guy bleeds Maroon and is a natural "follow me" type leader. I still shake my head every time I think about us extending DCE by another 2 years 12 months before his current deal even expires. Yet we can't find another $300-$400K to keep one of the better performing 6's in the comp here. By his own admission above his body is the best it has been for years and his confidence is high. It's madness. I'm not sure who is going to be running the attack next year but I'm worried we will miss Foz big time and it'll be a rabble

Foran has been tremendous, considering all the doubts (and in some cases indignation) when his return was announced, he's basically been the best anyone could have hoped for. As to whether the signing/not signing of the halves is upside down, we got it painfully wrong a few years ago so its possible we have again. Time will tell.

Dude, you gotta heal.

Foran is a champion bloke. Manly's offer wasn't good enough and Des agitated for a better deal and couldn't make it happen. He was basically shown the door this time around.

When you quit your public love fest with Foz and stop posting in multiple threads how poor Foz has been pushed out of Manly. ........

I will be more than happy to never mention the $$ grabbing lying Foz ever again.

When someone is that age you never know how close the end is. Could be a year or two or much sooner. All I know is that age inevitably outpaces skill and fitness.
When you have two halves of roughly the same advanced vintage, it's too big a gamble to hang onto both. I understand the decision to stick with DCE (much as Foz is my clear favourite) because he is our captain and has been with us his whole career, is the current Queensland captain, and his injury history does not set off alarm bells.
As for Schuster, he will work at six or he won't but until he gets time in that role with DCE next to him, no one really knows.
I also have a feeling that Foz is playing out of his skin this year because he wants another premiership with Manly. And I'm sure he thinks that can happen.

When you quit your public love fest with Foz and stop posting in multiple threads how poor Foz has been pushed out of Manly. ........

I will be more than happy to never mention the $$ grabbing lying Foz ever again.
Relax dude...I thought we were just having a laugh.

Did the Sea Eagles let Foran go a year too early?​

Christian Nicolussi

By Christian Nicolussi

July 1, 2022 — 6.12pm

One of Manly’s premiership legends has conceded it could take the Sea Eagles a whole season to adjust to life without Kieran Foran as the veteran five-eighth produces some of the best form of his career.
Jamie Lyon won an NRL title alongside Foran in 2011, and watched his old teammate play a key role in the nervy 36-30 win over Melbourne on Thursday night.

Melbourne almost pulled off a remarkable comeback against Manly, scoring four tries in the final five minutes.
Foran’s hopes of a two-year deal to remain on the northern beaches were dashed in May and the Titans moved quickly to sign him.
Josh Schuster, who has been seen as the heir apparent to Foran’s No.6 jersey, will need time to make the transition. After an injury-delayed start to the year, Schuster has only started a couple of games in the halves. Manly also have long-term hopes for boom teen Latu Fainu.

Lyon, who won his first premiership in 2008 at five-eighth, said Foran’s performances, and his chemistry with skipper Daly Cherry-Evans, would be tough to replicate.
Lyon, who now lives on the state’s Far North Coast, said of Foran: “He’s been a good leader, he’s helping to get them around the park, he’s not making many errors and was setting up tries again on Thursday night.
Kieran Foran was excellent against Melbourne.

Kieran Foran was excellent against Melbourne.Credit:Getty

“He’s got that spark about him, which is good to see because of the rough trot he has had with injuries, so he deserves to be playing some good footy.
“He’ll definitely leave a hole. Schuster is there, but he plays a slightly different role, and it might take him a year or two to find his feet. He’s got the size about him, and playing in the halves compared to the forwards is different because you’re isolated the wider you get.

“He’s young, he’ll get his fitness up and get a little bit more experience. He’s got some good hands on him and he’ll be fine in the long run. But there will be a transition once Foz is gone.”
Foran was never going to accept the one-year deal on offer from Manly and, while excited about the move north to the Titans, knows there is still unfinished business this year.
Like Lyon, Foran knows Schuster will eventually handle the switch to the No. 6 jersey.
“Josh has a good footy brain and the nous and skill to dominate in that five-eighth position,” Foran told the Herald. “The reason he can be a success is he will have a full pre-season at No.6 alongside Daly, who will guide him and develop him.”

As for his own form, which has some commentators comparing his performances to those he produced more than a decade ago when the Sea Eagles won their last premiership, Foran said: “Deep down I believe I’m getting the rewards for the hard work I put in through some really tough years.
“The body is also physically in a really good spot and I feel like I can do everything I want to do on the footy field without any hesitation or self-preservation, which is how I played years ago. I feel like I’m back there again because my body can withstand anything I want to put it through.”

Absolutely we are making a mistake by letting him go. He has been far more consistent than DCE, the guy bleeds Maroon and is a natural "follow me" type leader. I still shake my head every time I think about us extending DCE by another 2 years 12 months before his current deal even expires. Yet we can't find another $300-$400K to keep one of the better performing 6's in the comp here. By his own admission above his body is the best it has been for years and his confidence is high. It's madness. I'm not sure who is going to be running the attack next year but I'm worried we will miss Foz big time and it'll be a rabble
I agree. Losing Foran while he is playing very good footy is very stupid. I don't understand why Manly extended DCE's contract because in the end we won't be winning another premiership with DCE at 7. Next season I can see us struggling without Foran since DCE has never been that organising halve and we will have 2 5/8th's running the show.

Every time Foran's name comes up you're not far behind sticking the boot in for him leaving all those years ago. Take your own advice and quit the public hate fest. If you can't see the value add he has provided over the last two seasons then you are truly blinded by your dislike of the guy. He has been one of our most consistent and best performers. One of the few true leaders in our squad. I'd keep him over DCE in a heartbeat.

Every time Foran's name comes up you're not far behind sticking the boot in for him leaving all those years ago. Take your own advice and quit the public hate fest. If you can't see the value add he has provided over the last two seasons then you are truly blinded by your dislike of the guy. He has been one of our most consistent and best performers. One of the few true leaders in our squad. I'd keep him over DCE in a heartbeat.
Foran has been fantastic... my understanding is that Manly only offered him a 1 year Contract... Titans at least two years. As such wasn't so much about the money but about longer term security and you can't blame Foran for that. Manly are to blame...he should be here next year. Schu is not ready yet for 5/8 - certainly not on his displays so far this year - very uninspiring. Foran is the man to lead us around the park... DCE is a play off the cuff guy... without Foran we certainly would not make the 8. I certainly am still filthy on Foran leaving for the Dogs... still filthy on Des... but it is what it is and Foran has been all quality and all Manly on his return.

Can you read?

When the public poor ole Foz bs stops, so will I.

We should be concentrating on the future, not someone who is leaving.

The Manly club stuck behind DCE. Simple as that, despite what we punters think.

Foran has been fantastic... my understanding is that Manly only offered him a 1 year Contract... Titans at least two years. As such wasn't so much about the money but about longer term security and you can't blame Foran for that. Manly are to blame...he should be here next year. Schu is not ready yet for 5/8 - certainly not on his displays so far this year - very uninspiring. Foran is the man to lead us around the park... DCE is a play off the cuff guy... without Foran we certainly would not make the 8. I certainly am still filthy on Foran leaving for the Dogs... still filthy on Des... but it is what it is and Foran has been all quality and all Manly on his return.
The less than flattering deal we offered Foran was very much about the cap squeeze. It’s unfortunate because the football department wanted to keep him and he wanted to stay but the kind of money and long term security he was offered at the Titans, meant it was a no brainer...they’re in a much better position to offer $$$ and seasons, than we are.

The less than flattering deal we offered Foran was very much about the cap squeeze. It’s unfortunate because the football department wanted to keep him and he wanted to stay but the kind of money and long term security he was offered at the Titans, meant it was a no brainer...they’re in a much better position to offer $$$ and seasons, than we are.

I dont get it...Marty is gone this year which is 800k free next year, a fraction of that pays for Tuilagi. Who is getting upgraded?

I dont get it...Marty is gone this year which is 800k free next year, a fraction of that pays for Tuilagi. Who is getting upgraded?
Can only be one answer: Ch-ch-ch-ch-ch-ch-ch-ch-cherry bomb!

But seriously, buggered if I know. Even at the price the Titans are paying, they're getting a bargain with Foz. Surely we could have kept him if we really wanted to. Seems we just didn't want to.

Can only be one answer: Ch-ch-ch-ch-ch-ch-ch-ch-cherry bomb!

But seriously, buggered if I know. Even at the price the Titans are paying, they're getting a bargain with Foz. Surely we could have kept him if we really wanted to. Seems we just didn't want to.
The clue might be what did the Penns want? They would have long memories of the salary cap investigations into Manly, brought on by Foz’s allegations into third party payments etc. last time around.

They might have been ok with much of the last two seasons’ salary being covered by a late club benefactor, but not now.

Just a theory. I have no proof.

I think that Kieran has really put in since he returned and repaired the damage of his reputation by his departure in 2015.

It is a shame that we could not retain him and you have to question why on earth we retained guys like Jorge chewing up wasted salary cap which meant we had to squeeze people out.

Josh Schuster is very much a work in progress and his season has not really got going. Time will tell how he goes.

Kieran will always be remembered as a premiership player regardless of how his career finishes and I am glad that was with our club!

We should be concentrating on the future, not someone who is leaving.
I agree with you feathered friend

The Foz move was in the best interest of both parties

Manly have some promising halves coming through and we do have to look at our future as Foran is looking after his

Manly offered a one year deal and Foz signed with a club that gave him a longer term deal

Good luck to Foz as he is going to need it trying to lift the wooden spoon off the Titans back

Manlys has the most promising halves in the NRL with Latu Fainu and Schuster and they are both a great investment for our future

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7