The Kieran Forum

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

How long will Foran last?

• 1 month

Votes: 10 13.5%
  • 2months

Votes: 9 12.2%
  • 3months

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • 4months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • 5months

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Has the best season since 2011

Votes: 42 56.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Kieran has been very good for us since he came back but he is at the end of his career. Schuster is at his beginning. I don’t see that Schuster needs to be defended he just needs to get match fitness and the sky is the limit. I see Foran and Schuster as an awesome halves combination and big O is reaping the benefits.

You can have all the talent in the world but if you are giving up a lot in the physical sharpness element the range of contributions on offer will be limited.

There has already been evidence of this limitation so far on display, as i've mentioned before if he sharpens up and loses a little size Schu will make a very good 5/8.

Until i see Schu sharpen up and slim down his best bet is a roving back rower who picks and chooses his moments for 5/8 like play, the modern game requires high levels of involvment, intensity and speed which Schu lacks.

Not doubting his skillset but i have big worries over his all round involvement attacking wise and defensively in terms of consistently being one of the leaders on kick chase.

Manly are not dominating or winning the grind against most teams during this development cycle so the effort plays are even more important at the moment to see.
I agree with all those points you made and I also believe young Shu will get back to match fitness and trim down the more games he plays . I also hope he has a good injury free run

If you rearrange the letters in your name you get 'Adios'. ;)

Can’t believe we’re getting rid of our best player this year. Also walker who hasn’t been far behind foz. What a ****ing joke.
My joke aside, we are losing some talent that have served us well both this year and last. Can we fill the void left by, arguably, the two best players at straightening our attack?

I am happy Foz is playing so well and things are looking up. Back to the time we were choosing between DCE and Foz. ( because of the salary cap) The club technically chose Foz but he did not choose us.
I think things worked out for the better that he did reject us and we ended up with DCE who did conversely want to stay! Forans life exploded somewhat after leaving Manly which was seemingly going to happen regardless and then was compounded by terrible injuries etc etc.

I am again happy for Foz but would put my 2 cents worth next to DCE now! back then! and in the Future!
Why is it always seen that DCE "wanted to stay"?

Just because DCE eventually stayed with the club it doesn't necessarily mean he wanted to stay. Manly offered DCE a contract that was basically ignored and then removed when DCE was shipping himself around.

DCE stayed because of the silly sum to entice him back due to losing both halves.

Just because DCE eventually stayed with the club it doesn't necessarily mean he wanted to stay. Manly offered DCE a contract that was basically ignored and then removed when DCE was shipping himself around.

DCE stayed because of the silly sum to entice him back due to losing both halves.
OMG here we go again.
Drop it. Drop it!
Now sit. Sit!
Good boy!

No. You've got the story upside down.

It is quite well documented that an offer was made to DCE in late 2014 which he has stated publicly he was proposing to accept, and that he wanted to stay, but in the wake of a change in ownership structure dave Perry was sacked and the offer was withdrawn by the incoming (and now infamous) Joe Kelly. An inferior offer was then put to DCE. That is when the negotiations began to break down, and eventually DCE as you say was 'shipping himself around'.
Not the other way round.

Mate technically you appear to be wrong on this one not that it really matters. The link below should prompt your memory.

Can’t believe we’re getting rid of our best player this year. Also walker who hasn’t been far behind foz. What a ****ing joke.
Add Davey to that gone list and it is a concern.
And M Fainu will either be gone or if found not guilty, does the club need to find even more cap space or are they making decisions now without knowing the verdict? It's a pickle.

It’s a shame we are losing Davey but I think we have some depth in that position I see Burbo playing more in second row on and off the bench next season. Bullemore can also play in that position.

100% wrong

As detailed by the other responses, Manly pulled their offer to DCE because Foran wanted more $$.
But Foran was just fkucking Manly and had already committed to the Eels.

Only one guy totally in the wrong with this FORAN. Club legend, my arse!!

Forget about the past. Foran has put his body on the line and is having a good season for us thus far. That's all I care about.
We can forget , and we should , but as to forgiving well that’s another story.

I feel the same in regards to Des , he’s our coach and I’ll support him on that but I’ll never forgive him for what he did 24 hours after winning a GF in 2011

We can forget , and we should , but as to forgiving well that’s another story.

I feel the same in regards to Des , he’s our coach and I’ll support him on that but I’ll never forgive him for what he did 24 hours after winning a GF in 2011
look at it this way ...

As soon as our prodigal sons put on the Manly Jersey again

They are born again and they are Manly again

As soon as they are Manly again all is forgiven .... Until they start losing Manly games

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8