The Kieran Forum

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

How long will Foran last?

• 1 month

Votes: 10 13.5%
  • 2months

Votes: 9 12.2%
  • 3months

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • 4months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • 5months

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Has the best season since 2011

Votes: 42 56.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This is what you get when you try and be a "family club" along with looking after a player who hasn't played for two years
I assume you mean Fainu but I don't see how the club can be criticised for his situation?
He was under contract so couldn't be sacked for criminal charges as he pleaded not guilty. Since that contract expired he's just been on a minimum train and trial retainer, which seems reasonable. He may well be not guilty.

Split enz. But they were wrong, history always repeats. The same situations cycle through with slight variations ad nauseum. People never change and successive generations make same mistakes.
Slight variations but at certain times great fundamental changes. As you of all people would know, we change socks much more often than we change shoes. @:D

I am happy Foz is playing so well and things are looking up. Back to the time we were choosing between DCE and Foz. ( because of the salary cap) The club technically chose Foz but he did not choose us.
I think things worked out for the better that he did reject us and we ended up with DCE who did conversely want to stay! Forans life exploded somewhat after leaving Manly which was seemingly going to happen regardless and then was compounded by terrible injuries etc etc.

I am again happy for Foz but would put my 2 cents worth next to DCE now! back then! and in the Future!

I am happy Foz is playing so well and things are looking up. Back to the time we were choosing between DCE and Foz. ( because of the salary cap) The club technically chose Foz but he did not choose us.
I think things worked out for the better that he did reject us and we ended up with DCE who did conversely want to stay! Forans life exploded somewhat after leaving Manly which was seemingly going to happen regardless and then was compounded by terrible injuries etc etc.

I am again happy for Foz but would put my 2 cents worth next to DCE now! back then! and in the Future!
Well said Red Pill as we are all happy for all our players to be well and to play well .

It was a shame how the DCE / Foran halves partnership ended when Foran decided to leave us

Since Foran left us he has now become a 350 thousand a year player on the open market
And DCE is still on premium elite players money due to his overall better durability , reliability and conduct . His current statues as the captain of the Maroon Manly team and the Maroon Qld team says it all .

Congratulations to DCE brilliant career and he is worth every dollar he is getting

Money, money, money
Must be funny
In DCE's world
Money, money, money
Always sunny
In the DCE's world
All the things I could do
If I had a little money
In DCE's world

Well said Red Pill as we are all happy for all our players to be well and to play well .

It was a shame how the DCE / Foran halves partnership ended when Foran decided to leave us

Since Foran left us he has now become a 350 thousand a year player on the open market
And DCE is still on premium elite players money due to his overall better durability , reliability and conduct . His current statues as the captain of the Maroon Manly team and the Maroon Qld team says it all .

Congratulations to DCE brilliant career and he is worth every dollar he is getting

Money, money, money
Must be funny
In DCE's world
Money, money, money
Always sunny
In the DCE's world
All the things I could do
If I had a little money
In DCE's world
Foran's value is unfairly low; but only because he became known for his injuries

The ever so talented Shu who is inflated with all the footy skill in the world does not need pumping up
The Sensational Shu knows just how good he is and so do the good footy judges like Benji Marshall
Who was quoted of saying that the Shu debut at 5/8 was the best ever he had seen in his long illustrious career

Since then Shu has played only a handful of games at 5/8 and once he is given the role to settle in
His talent will thrive and he be one of our best ever play
You can have all the talent in the world but if you are giving up a lot in the physical sharpness element the range of contributions on offer will be limited.

There has already been evidence of this limitation so far on display, as i've mentioned before if he sharpens up and loses a little size Schu will make a very good 5/8.

Until i see Schu sharpen up and slim down his best bet is a roving back rower who picks and chooses his moments for 5/8 like play, the modern game requires high levels of involvment, intensity and speed which Schu lacks.

Not doubting his skillset but i have big worries over his all round involvement attacking wise and defensively in terms of consistently being one of the leaders on kick chase.

Manly are not dominating or winning the grind against most teams during this development cycle so the effort plays are even more important at the moment to see.

You can have all the talent in the world but if you are giving up a lot in the physical sharpness element the range of contributions on offer will be limited.

There has already been evidence of this limitation so far on display, as i've mentioned before if he sharpens up and loses a little size Schu will make a very good 5/8.

Until i see Schu sharpen up and slim down his best bet is a roving back rower who picks and chooses his moments for 5/8 like play, the modern game requires high levels of involvment, intensity and speed which Schu lacks.

Not doubting his skillset but i have big worries over his all round involvement attacking wise and defensively in terms of consistently being one of the leaders on kick chase.

Manly are not dominating or winning the grind against most teams during this development cycle so the effort plays are even more important at the moment to see.
100%.

Also, lots of people keep defending Schuster and referencing something Marshall said about his debut two years ago...Marshall said he prefers him at back row the other night!

I assume you mean Fainu but I don't see how the club can be criticised for his situation?
He was under contract so couldn't be sacked for criminal charges as he pleaded not guilty. Since that contract expired he's just been on a minimum train and trial retainer, which seems reasonable. He may well be not guilty.
I might be wrong but wasn't there an extension to the contract in the early stages before the minimum retainer?

My comment wasn't really just focussed on that point to be honest, i'm talking from a roster planning stand point, the implication from other posters that Manly might be looking after Fainu to hold onto other players, being too loyal to a player who already had an off field issue to deal with prior to this.

Mind you there are bigger issues to deal with ahead of Fainu's retention or non retention that Manly have to deal with in terms of our roster but it is another thing that doesn't help our cause, plus i don't feel Manly will ever get value from Fainu as i don't rate him as highly as others here.

100%.

Also, lots of people keep defending Schuster and referencing something Marshall said about his debut two years ago...Marshall said he prefers him at back row the other night!
I love how people will justify their views because a former player holds the same thought, i tend to find most(not all) super star players have no idea.

Most of these star players are "naturally gifted" who don't understand what and why they stood apart from their peers, it is why the most average of players tend to make the better coaches----they studied the game harder to get the most out of themselves.

It is why the Melb trio of Cronk,Smith and Slater were so effective, on top of having talent they understood the game from an IQ level so they knew "why and how" to stand apart from the rest.

Be funny if it happened again.

5ceccc8b2500006000dbc5eb.png
I think most of Qld will be fine with it as long as it isn’t Munster or anybody they actually care about.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8