The Kieran Forum

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

How long will Foran last?

• 1 month

Votes: 10 13.5%
  • 2months

Votes: 9 12.2%
  • 3months

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • 4months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • 5months

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Has the best season since 2011

Votes: 42 56.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Apparently struggling to even keep Walker or Kelly at the present time so surely this can not be a serious consideration. and also even taking into account any supposed Bulldog"s freight supplement . Chronic injury situation , some regular and, very questionable off field tendencies. during the past few seasons ,really just no upside or realistic benefit at all with this notion and if it is hopefully fake news , a rebuttal by Manly A S A P would be in order for sure . Just sends the wrong messages and impressions after so much instability and lack of direction in recent months and after last week "s general circuit breaker for the better .

Apparently struggling to even keep Walker or Kelly at the present time so surely this can not be a serious consideration. and also even taking into account any supposed Bulldog"s freight supplement . Chronic injury situation , some regular and, very questionable off field tendencies. during the past few seasons ,really just no upside or realistic benefit at all with this notion and if it is hopefully fake news , a rebuttal by Manly A S A P would be in order for sure . Just sends the wrong messages and impressions after so much instability and lack of direction in recent months and after last week "s general circuit breaker for the better .
Actually that should have been Marty for Walker .

With your Managers cap on would you risk a spot in your 30 and pay upwards of $500k for him given his past 3 years ? .... he might come good but the downside is too big for me ....
Would not consider those contract numbers - more an incentive contract based on games played....due to his physical style of play and taking the ball right to the line and being belted, has knocks that are just around the corner and some permanent leg injuries...will see where it ends in coming weeks...

Des is very keen on defence. I guess he sees Foran as a better defender than LG. Foran is also a better organiser than LG. Kane is an awesome off the cuff style of player. He plays what he sees....but he has a lot of work to do with his defence and game management.

Don't get me wrong there....he can put on a good hit. I've seen him stop some much bigger blokes dead in their tracks, but it's reading the defence that he struggles with. IMO....one of the first big tests for Des will be if he can improve Kane's defensive game.

Foran would be too far of a step back in time.

Didn't Des take T-Rex with him to the dogs in the belief that he still had a lot to offer? (Even with his back issues) I hope he doesn't still have that train of thought with Foran. For a bloke that has a reputation as a trend setter....Des spends a fair bit of time in the past.

Put your efforts into LG instead, Des!! The rewards could be massive.

Des is very keen on defence. I guess he sees Foran as a better defender than LG. Foran is also a better organiser than LG. Kane is an awesome off the cuff style of player. He plays what he sees....but he has a lot of work to do with his defence and game management.

Don't get me wrong there....he can put on a good hit. I've seen him stop some much bigger blokes dead in their tracks, but it's reading the defence that he struggles with. IMO....one of the first big tests for Des will be if he can improve Kane's defensive game.

Foran would be too far of a step back in time.

Didn't Des take T-Rex with him to the dogs in the belief that he still had a lot to offer? (Even with his back issues) I hope he doesn't still have that train of thought with Foran. For a bloke that has a reputation as a trend setter....Des spends a fair bit of time in the past.

Put your efforts into LG instead, Des!! The rewards could be massive.

Don't even mention T-Rex ..... the telecrap will have an article tomorrow stating that we are looking to off load Jake to accomodate signing the big mungo for a reported $900k a year for 4 years asking price....

Got to admit I didn’t see much of him in 2018, and certainly aren’t up to date on his injuries. I thought it was his fitness mainly and just a few unlucky injuries here and there, but that changes everything seeing it’s an ongoing injury. In that case, if he’s like Hodkinson, he may only prove an ok backup, so I’m out
https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/04/02...foran-will-manage-for-the-rest-of-his-career/

Lasted till June then ran lame :eek:

https://www.bulldogs.com.au/news/2018/06/25/kieran-to-undergo-surgery/

Would have medically retired if all his injuries weren't old ones

https://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/k...t/news-story/6ab3123dd642d6ee22fdb55879c6ef90

Was a great player but his body is not upto NRL level :shake:

you left out the line from the article:

'The Kiwi five-eighth is now 28 and has had a tough few years with injuries. Yet he will start pre-season training in two weeks with a healthy body for the first time in three years.'

the same thing has been written about him in the pre season at parra, at the warriors & also last year at the dogs
Rinse repeat re-injure.

Not so sure why so many people think Des is going to come in here and make massive changes straight off(he has a pretty good squad).He went to the dogs and did not walk in and make massive changes,he took an underperforming team that had some serious talent and took them to the finals,he made changes in the following years.He may allow any disgruntled players to walk if they can find someone else looking to take them with their full salary,but I can't see him coming in here and giving a bunch of players their marching orders,yeah,he may ride some players harder than others if they don't want to toe the line or are not putting in(which might get some keen to go).I think the reports that he wants players to be closer to Manly in terms of living might be more interesting,if the guys living out west are not happy,they might be the ones that are allowed to go if they want(Paseka/AFB/Fainu/Olakau'atu/Funa/Suli/Titmuss),I am not sure that many would go,but who really knows what is important to them...family and friends or the Sea Eagles.As for Foran,don't think this is serious or true,but the report is that Des/Crusher/Foran were seen at a cafe together and reported to a radio station,who knows how truthful that is.....However a big NO from me,that is a land mine waiting to go off...

Foran after his first game in 2019

bandaged-man-in-hospital-catch-22-1970-BP89YF.jpg

I’m sure this is just slow news day garbage but it’s still a scenario that scares the crap a lot of Manly fans.
Definitely was a slow news day thing, a two year old could form this rumour. Old club, old coach, the player that’s gone down in form/injuries, saviour play from old club and coach, happy days in sight blah blah yadeyaddyah. Rumour complete

After a medical check and a minimum amount of money ( dogs can pay ) only then would i take Foran . Has not played close to a full series in memory.

Weird how quite a few players left the Sea Eagles & basically lost their way & never really regained their mojo!!

Ron Gibbs > Gold Coast, Western Suburbs
Dale Shearer > Broncos, Gold Coast, Crushers, Roosters, Cowboys
Phil Blake > Rabbitohs, Norths, Raiders, Dragons, Warriors
Tony Iro > Roosters, Hunter Mariners, Adelaide Rams, Rabbitohs
Jack Elsegood > Roosters
Soloman Haumono > Bulldogs, Tigers, Dragons
Craig Field > Tigers, Wests Tigers, Jail!
R Gartner > Tigers
T Burns > Cowboys, Panthers, UK
M Eden > Roosters, Eels, Gold Coast
T Rex > Bulldogs, Sharks, Eels
Trent Hodkinson > Bulldogs, Knights, Sharks
Kieran Foran > Eels, Warriors, Bulldogs
Siosaia Vave > Eels
Anthony Watmough > Eels

Foran was one of the best halves in the NRL before his injuries, but now he's just a liability.

That's the point. I don't care that he left Manly for a better offer or for a coach he respected and felt could get the best out of him. That's just business and he had to take care of his future. My feelings about Foran now are purely regarding his professional worth.

We have an up and coming five eighth, with good kicking, attacking and passing skills and one who can kick goals and take some of the pressure off DCE and get the backline alight again. Then we have a champion five eighth of the past in Foran, a tough no nonsense player who took the line on and was top class in attack and defence. No question that 6 years ago I would have gone for Foran.

But the Foran we all admired is not the Foran of today and I doubt we will see the type of play he displayed in Manly's past again. Elgey may, at this stage, not be half the player Foran was, but he is developing. Foran to me is broken and is less than half the player he was. To me, Manly would be better served with the younger developing player, than the old wounded soldier, who was a hero in his time. Emotion shouldn't determine the decision.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6