The 'General Off-Topic Discussion, Banter, Arguments & Hopefully Some Mediation' Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Week as per 7 Venus days?

Fun fact:

“Venus has the longest day of any planet in our solar system. It completes one rotation every 243 Earth days. Its day lasts longer than its orbit. It orbits the Sun every 224.65 Earth days, so a day is nearly 20 Earth days longer than its year.”

How long is a week?

According to the theory of relativity, time dilation is a difference in the elapsed time measured by two observers, either due to a velocity difference relative to each other, or by being differently situated relative to a gravitational field.

So, Kev, I need to know who the 2nd observer is, where they are located, and if they are situated close to large gravitational influence such as orbiting a Zorba would exert. ... calculation of the length of a week may vary daily and take about a week so I will get back to you in a week or so ... give or take ... a week .

According to the theory of relativity, time dilation is a difference in the elapsed time measured by two observers, either due to a velocity difference relative to each other, or by being differently situated relative to a gravitational field.

So, Kev, I need to know who the 2nd observer is, where they are located, and if they are situated close to large gravitational influence such as orbiting a Zorba would exert. ... calculation of the length of a week may vary daily and take about a week so I will get back to you in a week or so ... give or take ... a week .

Speaking of (Gravitational) waves....

Scientists have followed gravitational waves to something they've never seen before — the collision of two exotic objects called neutron stars.

By observing a fleeting star-like object in the sky in August, they've learned a lot of new things about the universe worth clinking glasses over.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/technology/gravitational-waves-kilonova-1.4358622

Ahahaha one of your best mate.

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11