The 'General Off-Topic Discussion, Banter, Arguments & Hopefully Some Mediation' Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Do you really believe that?
The fact that Penn is a successful businessman is exactly the reason I don think football success is a high priority.

Is there a significant difference to the bottom line finishing 8th or finishing 4th?

This is not a global sport, Manly has a supporter base, on field success is not going to significantly increase that!
Crowd levels (ticket sales) at Brookie are not going to explode.........and there is a low ceiling if they do.
Sponsorship doesn't change, sponsors are locked in to contracts.
Merchandising? Always limited by the supporter base.

This is not like say a premier league football club.
Thats a global game and on field success leads to massive revenue increases.
On two occasions I had the good fortune to have a lengthy one on one discussion with Scott Penn over a meal. He is first and foremost a passionate Manly fan and if I am any judge at all, on field success is the number 1 priority for him.

Ps. There'll be no personal attack from me in return.

Last edited:
On two occasions I had the good fortune to have a lengthy one on one discussion with Scott Penn over a meal. He is first and foremost a passionate Manly fan and if I am any judge at all, on field success is the number 1 priority for him.

Ps. There'll be no personal attack from me in return.
Knock it off @Ralphie or folks around here will start assuming we're the same person

Did he put his hand in his pocket out of benevolence ...................or was he just buying a business?
The fact that he has suffered losses previously would suggest to me he is even more intent on running the club as a business.

Such a childish retort! The right to critique is saved for the wealthy few is it! D***head!

Anyone buying an NRL as a money making business should be examined for mental stability.

There is zero $ for the owners in owning Manly...

Brother

Twin bro is Mick Robbo. U probably heard of him. Thompson will sign and Tangainoa will re sign very soon. I hear there could be another signing aswell but no word on who that is yet
Interesting. So were you also a winger? What's brother doing nowadays, did I hear he became a helicopter pilot?

Brother

Twin bro is Mick Robbo. U probably heard of him. Thompson will sign and Tangainoa will re sign very soon. I hear there could be another signing aswell but no word on who that is yet
Welcome better robbo, you were a decent player too right, pre-injury?

Just checking out the forums over on League Unlimited and a Dragons bloke has the below to say earlier today :

“Just got word back that the T's are getting crossed and the I's are getting dotted on Thompos deal with another club.
Announcement to be made before the end of next week, it wont be dragging out any longer then that.
Very reliable source and he is 100% certain Thomos departure is a done deal.
Before the end of next week it will be announced”.

(Note the reference to ‘next week’):giggle:
Any chance of you asking him what his definition of next week is??

Baz will get a little "extension" when Thompson's signing is announced - not sure how imminent it is though, I've heard next week bandied around in a few quarters

I think “ Next Week” almost deserves it’s own thread , I mean it’s been used profusely on ST over the last two weeks!

I think “ Next Week” almost deserves its own thread , I mean it’s been used profusely on ST over the last two weeks!
Cause it's been all over ST it's been repeating in my head over and over and over. Maybe if it were contained in a thread it'd make us all a little less crazy.

I've heard a rumour that the announcement on new signings is along the lines that there are NO NEW SIGNINGS!

This would be in line with our new communications policy..........i.e. releasing a statement denying the existence of something that never existed.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11