The 'General Off-Topic Discussion, Banter, Arguments & Hopefully Some Mediation' Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Go get em Sheriff !!!
Ryan and I are good mates outside the forum, we met through here and he is a top bloke, I need to see these PM's first to be able to take any action otherwise its just unsubstantiated rubbish.

All that to say. If there is an issue use the "report" feature in threads and PM's so that the whole team can take a look at it and take appropriate action

Ryan and I are good mates outside the forum, we met through here and he is a top bloke, I need to see these PM's first to be able to take any action otherwise its just unsubstantiated rubbish.

All that to say. If there is an issue use the "report" feature in threads and PM's so that the whole team can take a look at it and take appropriate action
Birds of a feather stick together
Keep up the great work .

@Ryan why didnt you tell me about the PM?

Ill take action now

Nah mate, it's all good, please don't ban anyone on my account :) All I want is for mutley to tell me who he is, so we can be on an even keel. If he wants to say things about Jas as though he knows her, let me know, and we can have it out. Trolling me about my Mum, meh, that just speaks volumes for the blokes character. I didn't actually realize he was a Dogs supporter.

It’s disgusting, should be banned but Ryan doesn’t want that to happen.

Nah, don't want to have the burden of then feeling bad / guilty ;) Footy's obviously mutley's hobby. As soon as I found out he was a Doggies supporter from the Kennel though, put it all in perspective. Like @BOZO said, no Manly fan would slink that low. @mutley is just an endorsement of their club.

I shouldn't have taken the bait.

0 signings so far, we've lost Godinet, Bainbridge, Kennedy, Myles, Lawrence, Stewart, Matai & the cap is going from 7M in 2017, to 9.4M in 2018, and we need to offload Hastings to acquire Thompson?

I'd say the two signings so far are bound for Blacktown.
Agree where the bloody hell is all our extra cap space going? 2.4 million extra cap plus 1.2 million from Snake and Matai plus all the players we let go. Wtf are they doing? Signing the ball boys up on life time contracts. Even with upgrades that’s a lot of money that we somehow don’t have.

Agree where the bloody hell is all our extra cap space going? 2.4 million extra cap plus 1.2 million from Snake and Matai plus all the players we let go. Wtf are they doing? Signing the ball boys up on life time contracts. Even with upgrades that’s a lot of money that we somehow don’t have.

Yeah but there are things that eat into that $1.2 million we have freed up with Snake and Skivvy off the books before we even signed any new players. Players (e.g. the Turbo's, Winterstein) are getting contract upgrades for 2018 and we'll be paying full price for Uate (does that count for Sironen as well??). So at a rough guess I'd say that "extra" 1,200,000 we have to play with will be at best half that, maybe less.

I think a lot of the money is going on upgrading players + extensions. As soon as the Panthers put an additional 250k transfer fee on Moylan, we were out of the race to sign him and then news of Green's extension appeared in the tabloids. Green for a start wanted a nice lump of cash and 2-3 year deal given he is close to retirement. He has all the bargaining power because whilst we have a few young guns with potential there is no one with proven ability beyond 2018 in this key position.

Yeah but there are things that eat into that $1.2 million we have freed up with Snake and Skivvy off the books before we even signed any new players. Players (e.g. the Turbo's, Winterstein) are getting contract upgrades for 2018 and we'll be paying full price for Uate (does that count for Sironen as well??). So at a rough guess I'd say that "extra" 1,200,000 we have to play with will be at best half that, maybe less.
Uate's Newcastle contract was up at the end of this year according to reports. What we pay him next year would be what we have agreed to pay him which will not be what he was on at Newcastle.

Not sure about Siro but I can't imagine he would be on that much. The question is whether we are still paying part of Myles' contract.

I believe that we have also upgrade/extended AFB.

Uate's Newcastle contract was up at the end of this year according to reports. What we pay him next year would be what we have agreed to pay him which will not be what he was on at Newcastle.

Not sure about Siro but I can't imagine he would be on that much. The question is whether we are still paying part of Myles' contract.

I believe that we have also upgrade/extended AFB.

I forgot about Myles. He was contracted until the end of 2018 wasn't he? Will we be picking up most of his tab to play sometimes in Melbourne, mostly in Qld Cup or did that only count for this year?

I dare say that either way, we'll still be paying more for Uate in 2018 than we did this year. Even if his contract with us is less than what he was on in Newcastle, I'd imagine it would be more than what we had to pay this year with the Knights paying the majority. Akuila came back to form this year so I doubt he'll get a downgrade.

The reason I asked about Siro is because I am not sure if he still had time on his Tigpies contract to run or if we picked him up off contract in which case we'd already be paying full price of whatever he signed for with us.

If only we had an accountant like the one at the Eels. They are able to significantly upgrade their players, make $800 000 mid season additions, sign forwards Like Kane Evans and tell everyone that there’s still money should Semi and Paulo want to come back.

If only we had an accountant like the one at the Eels. They are able to significantly upgrade their players, make $800 000 mid season additions, sign forwards Like Kane Evans and tell everyone that there’s still money should Semi and Paulo want to come back.

They employ what’s called “ creative accountants”, we’ve lost the pen to sign them so Billy the mail boy does the contracts, it’s part of his job description apparently.

I put that kind of accounting philosophy to a tax collector once.....I've been on the run under an assumed name ever since :p

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 4 4 -60 8