• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Reynolds or adam clune are two id replace dce with if it were to happen. Reynolds 1st choice Clooney 2nd choice. 800k Reynolds is a bargain compared to a 1.3 million dce. Wow 500k difference and souths are 2nd.. clune proved he is good at dragons.... really id like to keep dce but he needs to be on 700k or 800k. I know he can be one of the best but he has lost his mojo we and truly... see how he goes the next 2 weeks against warriors and donkeys

Like DCE was going to do all those years ago before he backflipped and we signed him to an 8 year deal ??

You can't tell me if DCE didn't sign that "lifetime" contract that he wouldn't have explored his options at some point along the way and did what was "right for his family". In fact I'm pretty sure he coined the phrase when trying to justify his actions in turning his back on the Titans. There is very little loyalty in the NRL anymore from anyone
I find the notion of “doing what’s right for my family” f$&@en hilarious for a halfves who have already earnt multi millions of dollars in the sport. Just be honest and say your a greedy c$&@!

Like DCE was going to do all those years ago before he backflipped and we signed him to an 8 year deal ??

You can't tell me if DCE didn't sign that "lifetime" contract that he wouldn't have explored his options at some point along the way and did what was "right for his family". In fact I'm pretty sure he coined the phrase when trying to justify his actions in turning his back on the Titans. There is very little loyalty in the NRL anymore from anyone
We are not in the what ifs of 2015

we are in the now.

the next few years as Manly 7 will determine DCEs legacy as one of (or not) the best halves manly has seen

The next few years for a reynolds would simply doing a job for a nice pay check. Nothing on the line coming to Manly.

i know who I would want steering the ship.
Reynolds would have done much worse than DCE if he were in our backline the past few years i can assure you that.

I honestly can’t believe the negativity around DCE from some of our own supporters.. are you really actually our supporters? DCEs value to a team as a club captain and match winner is unquestionably you only have to ask supporters of other clubs and most will bag the crap out of him point out a few negatives and lay the hate on him... this tells me everything about who DCE actually is.. he’s MANLY.. and those very hate driven supporters would kill to have him at their club where he would suddenly becomes a champion in their eyes.. facts are DCE is in the top 2 or 3 half backs in the comp, a proven match winner, Hes also human and goes through patches of form loss but he always picks himself up, he’s being paid what he is worth as an elite marquee player in the most important position on the field and he’s our captain, he wears that badge with pride and that’s good enough for me..

I honestly can’t believe the negativity around DCE from some of our own supporters.. are you really actually our supporters? DCEs value to a team as a club captain and match winner is unquestionably you only have to ask supporters of other clubs and most will bag the crap out of him point out a few negatives and lay the hate on him... this tells me everything about who DCE actually is.. he’s MANLY.. and those very hate driven supporters would kill to have him at their club where he would suddenly becomes a champion in their eyes.. facts are DCE is in the top 2 or 3 half backs in the comp, a proven match winner, Hes also human and goes through patches of form loss but he always picks himself up, he’s being paid what he is worth as an elite marquee player in the most important position on the field and he’s our captain, he wears that badge with pride and that’s good enough for me..
DCE has all the skills of an elite half
and some on here
have short memories on the value DCE has given his club

A sing along song for all the tall poppies

Money, money, money
Must be funny
In DCE's world
Money, money, money
Always sunny
In DCE's world

All the things I could do
If I had a little money
In DCE's world
s-l500.jpg

Last edited:
You lost me at top 2 or 3.. he is nowhere near that. We all want him to do well but he isn't. He's has been better sure but yeah nah its a fail for me so far this year. Its still early days he can play himself into form especially these next two games, then parra he needs to goto another level.

Edit: he should be top 3

It's an interesting argument isn't it.

He's one of the best halfbacks in the NRL because I say he is. That is considered fact, no longer an opinion.

However if you consider he may not actually be one of the best halfbacks in the game then that is opinion and NOT fact. Best way to counter others' opinions seems to be that you make up some more facts that are just really opinions, or rampantly speculate about hypothetical situations.

Pointing out that he isn't the best halfback in the NRL, or that he isn't playing that well, isn't hating on the guy, nor does it make you less of a supporter.

History will judge him and where he sits in the hierarchy of great Manly or NRL halfbacks.

Last edited:
It's an interesting argument isn't it.

He's one of the best halfbacks in the NRL because I say he his. That is considered fact, no longer an opinion.

However if you consider he may not actually be one of the best halfbacks in the game then that is opinion and NOT fact. Best way to counter others' opinions seems to be that you make up some more facts that are just really opinions, or rampantly speculate about hypothetical situations.

Pointing out that he isn't the best halfback in the NRL, or that he isn't playing that well, isn't hating on the guy, nor does it make you less of a supporter.

History will judge him and where he sits in the hierarchy of great Manly or NRL halfbacks.
what is also interesting is those that say he is the best are never prepared to analyse his performance. They are never prepared to acknowledge his role or the responsabilities and skills that come with that role.

It appears ignorance is bliss

But they trott out, his team achievments and determine the sole reason qld won origin was because of him, which was fortunate as be was about the 4th choice. Cameron munsters was completely dominant and the blues would have won a 3 game series 12 nil if he didnt play, and DCE had to lead them

The other interesting point is the supporter issue. DCE doesnt even need to have a good game, he just has to do one thing in a game and an avalanche of backslappers appear from the hills . This, in there opinion is the pinnacle of supporter prowess, but then diss the **** out of lesser nanes who also wear the jersey with pride but are much less skillful or compensated . WTF is that , obviously i havnt read the often mentioned, true supporter terms and conditions

A healthy spine is a healthy team, but manlys spine is the only spine in the NRL that require the 1, 6 and 9 to fire to get the 7 playing well. every other team looks to there 7 to start the roll.most games you could start DCE on the bench for the first 20 and bring him on with the prop rotation.

No doubt , DCE turns a 30 -20 win into an 46 -20 win, but if we are down by 12 then pass the ball elsewhere because he is waiting for someone else

DCE has all the skills of an elite half
and some on here
have short memories on the value DCE has given his club

love to see him regain his confident creative kicking game back

A sing along song for all the tall poppies

Money, money, money
Must be funny
In DCE's world
Money, money, money
Always sunny
In DCE's world

All the things I could do
If I had a little money
In DCE's world
View attachment 17973

Remember humility though
Half of his team mates are singing the supertramp song as a result
Sunday, is coming round again
Im in the same old place, same old faces always watching me
Who knows
How long ill have to stay
Could be a hundred years
Of sweat and tears
The rate that i get paid

Not all footy players are raking it in

History has not only judged him but also celebrated him

• Dally M Rookie of the year as he was born to be a star !
  • Grand final winning halfback
*Dally M Halfback of the year
*Represented his country
*Represented his state
*Club Captain honour
*State Captain honour
*Led is state to a SOO win in a depleted QLD team that no one gave a chance of victory
* Under pressure won games for his club i
*The third only player in history to ever win the Grand final Medal best and fairest in a losing team
*One of the most durable players hardly missing a game through injury
* But wait there is so much more because......
As the Blue eyes song goes ............The best is yet to come !

Take it away Frank .....

Remember humility though
Half of his team mates are singing the supertramp song as a result
Sunday, is coming round again
Im in the same old place, same old faces always watching me
Who knows
How long ill have to stay
Could be a hundred years
Of sweat and tears
The rate that i get paid

Not all footy players are raking it in
It is hard to be humble when you are so great feathered friend

@BOZO a lot of those things happened almost a decade ago. I agree he looked very good when part of a once in a generation Manly side. That was then, this is now. It amuses me that his performances 7-9 years ago still seem to carry weight in the modern day, like it's some sort of hall pass for underwhelming consistency of performance. I'm more interested in his performances since he has become THE marquee player, since he signed his lifetime deal. He hasn't ticked many of those boxes has he ?

@BOZO a lot of those things happened almost a decade ago. I agree he looked very good when part of a once in a generation Manly side. That was then, this is now. It amuses me that his performances 7-9 years ago still seem to carry weight in the modern day, like it's some sort of hall pass for underwhelming consistency of performance. I'm more interested in his performances since he has become THE marquee player, since he signed his lifetime deal. He hasn't ticked many of those boxes has he ?
It was not 7 to 9 years ago that he has been putting the final nail on the oppositions coffin with his inspirational last minute get out of jail wins
He has also been playing for team with an injury riddled and an unstable spine and once we get stability in our spine we will see DCE back to his best

Last edited:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4