Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

The Daly Cherrygraph

KaZa

Bencher
Reaction score
Who would you rather as halfback? Cust? Lol the real money sapper of the cap is Jake
Reynolds. Need a good goal kicker too. Have some money left over too for a decent centre.

Dont disagree on Jake but if it keeps Tom at the club. Im ok with it.

Mataiforerver

Bencher
Reaction score
At the moment top 3 halves
Cleary
Hughes
Sam walker

Dce isnt close to these guys

Only guy to replace him would be Reynolds but the chips wont fall that way and Cherry is Manly and can be better than Reynolds
if you judge strictly on form then yes

but only fools judge strictly on form

by that token ben hunt was the best halfback in the comp in round 4

on form AND player ability, cleary is heads on top followed by DCE.
Reynolds, Hughes, Moses just behind
Walker on form is probably the best half in the comp but he has played 5 games so to say he is better than a premiership winning origin winning captain and halfback is probably pretty far from the truth.

Mataiforerver

Bencher
Reaction score
Reynolds. Need a good goal kicker too. Have some money left over too for a decent centre.

Dont disagree on Jake but if it keeps Tom at the club. Im ok with it.
Reynolds?

The bloke is 30 and probably has 2 years left in the game

Isn't the level of DCE and DCE will still outlast him in the game despite being older

Reynolds has no history with Manly, DCE is our captain and one club player

Jeez we would be in trouble if Reynolds was our 7. He couldn't give a **** about the club and is leaving for a good paycheck for his family. That will definitely win a title!

Chip and Chase

True Supporter
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Super Coach Member
Tipping Comp 2021
Reaction score
Jeez we would be in trouble if Reynolds was our 7. He couldn't give a **** about the club and is leaving for a good paycheck for his family. That will definitely win a title!
Like DCE was going to do all those years ago before he backflipped and we signed him to an 8 year deal ??

You can't tell me if DCE didn't sign that "lifetime" contract that he wouldn't have explored his options at some point along the way and did what was "right for his family". In fact I'm pretty sure he coined the phrase when trying to justify his actions in turning his back on the Titans. There is very little loyalty in the NRL anymore from anyone

Bring back the.... Biff?

Captain/Coach
Reaction score

Walker on form is probably the best half in the comp but he has played 5 games so to say he is better than a premiership winning origin winning captain and halfback is probably pretty far from the truth.
I said at the moment top 3 halves.. people judging on form are fools? Interesting comment... i must be a fool then because dce has been ass for ages. Last year he was terrible and this year the exact same, even with a real 5/8th partnering him. This year dce is in the bottom 4 halfbacks in the game he just sucks at the moment its the truth!

Hughes is twice as good as dce.. last year and this year. Guy has won comps and without Papenhuyzen has really stepped up last few weeks which dce CANNOT DO! Scoring 100 plus and 140 in supercoach the last 2 weeks. His presence on the field is known just like cleary.

Walker 5 games in and already better than the qld captain blah blah blah... this kid will supplant dce as qlds halfback. And imho dce is only there because there is no one else.. they tried hunt and failed so by default he is there. Never excelled in origin bar 1 game where slater told him what to do.. the game without Munster where they lost by 30 proves this theory.

Reynolds much better than dce.. actually has a game plan amd combinations with his outside men. Actually runs the ball and sets up tries. Won a premiership

moses is shyte dont rate him but he's been better than dce

Even ash Taylor has looked better.. if you wanna live in the past then dce is the best HB in the comp but the past is the past and now in the present he sucks!

Sincerely yours

Biff.

Ps without turbo we'd still be bottom 4. Dce has dont very little in our resurgence! Fact!

Now im off to eat ogalo's

KaZa

Bencher
Reaction score
Reynolds?

The bloke is 30 and probably has 2 years left in the game

Isn't the level of DCE and DCE will still outlast him in the game despite being older

Reynolds has no history with Manly, DCE is our captain and one club player

DCE is almost 33. Questioning Reynolds ages is stupid. Sorry.

DCE may out last him but hes ineffective.. besides the odd field goal here or there.. doesnt control the game. Reynolds leaving for one last big paycheck? DCE did that to us with his first! If DCE really 'cares' for the club.. he would take a bit of a paycut to stay and make our side more competitive... like the players before him where DCE benefitted by winning a title in his first season.

Loyalty is dead in this game. Reynolds wont have to do much in our side.. keep us in games with his general kicking game and kick goals. As said previously.. this resurgence in the last few weeks has nothing to do with DCE. To be on the money he is on.. it is just not worth it for us.

jbb/james

Bencher
Reaction score

DCE is judged as a halfback, As a halfback he contributes not much in the way of a halfback role. while he is more skillful as a player than some of the other halves mentioned his lack of number 7 skills makes him much lower on the list.

while i understand your comment on form or purple patches DCE clearly is not consistent enough in providing attacking opportunities or structures to suggest he is down on form. He just can not produce a gold medal game as a 7 more than a few times a year if at all.

he is exciting to watch when others have dismantled the defence and brings things to the game that many players cant but its not what a number 7 is judged on.

answer this. How many times in a game does DCE run into the line with the ball in 2 hands looking to promote the footy at the risk of being nailed. If the answer is very few he isnt much of a 7 and you this can also account for his longevity

while a half like reynolds isnt that great at those skills he makes up with it as a game manager and his ability to take the ball to the line in 2 hands , leaving himself opened to be drilled to kick. DCe doesnt do this either

we judge croker on his ability as a 9 and not a general dogsbody , which is no different.

show me a team that has a half back that doesnt take the ball to the line to pass , kick or game manage and you will see they are placed on the bottom of the table with us. our luxury is we have a fullback that does that better than the real bad teams

DCE is very skilled but not at being a 7. problem is he is too expensive to buy the players that compliment his lack of skills and seems resistant on trying to learn more skills. Reynolds and DCE with tommy and fainu would be great if we had bucket loads of gold, but we dont

Bring back the.... Biff?

Captain/Coach
Reaction score
Reynolds or adam clune are two id replace dce with if it were to happen. Reynolds 1st choice Clooney 2nd choice. 800k Reynolds is a bargain compared to a 1.3 million dce. Wow 500k difference and souths are 2nd.. clune proved he is good at dragons.... really id like to keep dce but he needs to be on 700k or 800k. I know he can be one of the best but he has lost his mojo we and truly... see how he goes the next 2 weeks against warriors and donkeys

Waz13

Bencher
Reaction score
Like DCE was going to do all those years ago before he backflipped and we signed him to an 8 year deal ??

You can't tell me if DCE didn't sign that "lifetime" contract that he wouldn't have explored his options at some point along the way and did what was "right for his family". In fact I'm pretty sure he coined the phrase when trying to justify his actions in turning his back on the Titans. There is very little loyalty in the NRL anymore from anyone
I find the notion of “doing what’s right for my family” f$&@en hilarious for a halfves who have already earnt multi millions of dollars in the sport. Just be honest and say your a greedy c$&@!

Mataiforerver

Bencher
Reaction score

We are not in the what ifs of 2015

we are in the now.

the next few years as Manly 7 will determine DCEs legacy as one of (or not) the best halves manly has seen

The next few years for a reynolds would simply doing a job for a nice pay check. Nothing on the line coming to Manly.

i know who I would want steering the ship.
Reynolds would have done much worse than DCE if he were in our backline the past few years i can assure you that.

Mac Man

Reserve Grader
Reaction score
God I remember the days when we had Jye Mullane running around for us or Jason Ferris. We used to dream of having a rep half back, or the days when we signed Brett Kimmorley and got excited and that worked out amazing. How times have changed...

Jay Eagle

Reserve Grader
Reaction score
I honestly can’t believe the negativity around DCE from some of our own supporters.. are you really actually our supporters? DCEs value to a team as a club captain and match winner is unquestionably you only have to ask supporters of other clubs and most will bag the crap out of him point out a few negatives and lay the hate on him... this tells me everything about who DCE actually is.. he’s MANLY.. and those very hate driven supporters would kill to have him at their club where he would suddenly becomes a champion in their eyes.. facts are DCE is in the top 2 or 3 half backs in the comp, a proven match winner, Hes also human and goes through patches of form loss but he always picks himself up, he’s being paid what he is worth as an elite marquee player in the most important position on the field and he’s our captain, he wears that badge with pride and that’s good enough for me..

BOZO

The Incomparable Immortal Bob Fulton
Premium Member
Tipping Comp 2021
Reaction score
I honestly can’t believe the negativity around DCE from some of our own supporters.. are you really actually our supporters? DCEs value to a team as a club captain and match winner is unquestionably you only have to ask supporters of other clubs and most will bag the crap out of him point out a few negatives and lay the hate on him... this tells me everything about who DCE actually is.. he’s MANLY.. and those very hate driven supporters would kill to have him at their club where he would suddenly becomes a champion in their eyes.. facts are DCE is in the top 2 or 3 half backs in the comp, a proven match winner, Hes also human and goes through patches of form loss but he always picks himself up, he’s being paid what he is worth as an elite marquee player in the most important position on the field and he’s our captain, he wears that badge with pride and that’s good enough for me..
DCE has all the skills of an elite half
and some on here
have short memories on the value DCE has given his club

BOZO

The Incomparable Immortal Bob Fulton
Premium Member
Tipping Comp 2021
Reaction score
A sing along song for all the tall poppies

Money, money, money
Must be funny
In DCE's world
Money, money, money
Always sunny
In DCE's world

All the things I could do
If I had a little money
In DCE's world
s-l500.jpg

Last edited:

Bring back the.... Biff?

Captain/Coach
Reaction score
You lost me at top 2 or 3.. he is nowhere near that. We all want him to do well but he isn't. He's has been better sure but yeah nah its a fail for me so far this year. Its still early days he can play himself into form especially these next two games, then parra he needs to goto another level.

Edit: he should be top 3

Chip and Chase

True Supporter
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Super Coach Member
Tipping Comp 2021
Reaction score
It's an interesting argument isn't it.

He's one of the best halfbacks in the NRL because I say he is. That is considered fact, no longer an opinion.

However if you consider he may not actually be one of the best halfbacks in the game then that is opinion and NOT fact. Best way to counter others' opinions seems to be that you make up some more facts that are just really opinions, or rampantly speculate about hypothetical situations.

Pointing out that he isn't the best halfback in the NRL, or that he isn't playing that well, isn't hating on the guy, nor does it make you less of a supporter.

History will judge him and where he sits in the hierarchy of great Manly or NRL halfbacks.

Last edited:

jbb/james

Bencher
Reaction score
It's an interesting argument isn't it.

He's one of the best halfbacks in the NRL because I say he his. That is considered fact, no longer an opinion.

However if you consider he may not actually be one of the best halfbacks in the game then that is opinion and NOT fact. Best way to counter others' opinions seems to be that you make up some more facts that are just really opinions, or rampantly speculate about hypothetical situations.

Pointing out that he isn't the best halfback in the NRL, or that he isn't playing that well, isn't hating on the guy, nor does it make you less of a supporter.

History will judge him and where he sits in the hierarchy of great Manly or NRL halfbacks.
what is also interesting is those that say he is the best are never prepared to analyse his performance. They are never prepared to acknowledge his role or the responsabilities and skills that come with that role.

It appears ignorance is bliss

But they trott out, his team achievments and determine the sole reason qld won origin was because of him, which was fortunate as be was about the 4th choice. Cameron munsters was completely dominant and the blues would have won a 3 game series 12 nil if he didnt play, and DCE had to lead them

The other interesting point is the supporter issue. DCE doesnt even need to have a good game, he just has to do one thing in a game and an avalanche of backslappers appear from the hills . This, in there opinion is the pinnacle of supporter prowess, but then diss the **** out of lesser nanes who also wear the jersey with pride but are much less skillful or compensated . WTF is that , obviously i havnt read the often mentioned, true supporter terms and conditions

A healthy spine is a healthy team, but manlys spine is the only spine in the NRL that require the 1, 6 and 9 to fire to get the 7 playing well. every other team looks to there 7 to start the roll.most games you could start DCE on the bench for the first 20 and bring him on with the prop rotation.

No doubt , DCE turns a 30 -20 win into an 46 -20 win, but if we are down by 12 then pass the ball elsewhere because he is waiting for someone else

nightster

Well worn member
Premium Member
Tipping Comp 2021
Reaction score
DCE has all the skills of an elite half
and some on here
have short memories on the value DCE has given his club

love to see him regain his confident creative kicking game back

Staff online

Latest posts

2021 Ladder