• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Let's be honest, had Cherry held the ball, we got to tackle 5, kicked in the in goal and forced a drop out..... cowboys would have just kicked a short drop out retrieved the ball and went the length most likely yet again!

His main Problem is he is always looking for the big play rather than the right play. He is now no longer fast enough or able to execute his “eyes up footy” which I always get was overstated. When was the last time you truely saw him charge at a gap with commitment ?

I’m filthy at him, his team mates would Be justified in feeling that too.

In his mind, a big game for QLD as his bounce back will right any wrongs. Major problem when your captain feels and plays like this.

He should’ve acknowledged his error In The presser

Does anyone have any insight as to whether or not Des actually coaches DCE? It really feels like he lets him do whatever he likes and has, at no point, coached the issues on his side of the field re defence and not giving Haumole and Tolu the ball they need as well as repeteadly kicking early in the count for no result. Is that coaching or DCE or a couple of smug bastards secure in their paypackets?

I get it, we expect more from someone like Cherry given his experience and it must be said, pay packet. And yes I will admit that he showed little composure when it was needed last night. But he's human. He's not going to get it right every time.
I'd settle for some of the time.

The problem with Cherry in 2022 is the same problem with Cherry in 2011. He's always been a very talented individual playing a team sport. He's an off-the-cuff, front-foot player who excels when he's surrounded by other good players. In the right circumstances, he can be the best player on the field. But on a losing team, he looks awful.

To me, the biggest flaw in his game (aside from his sometimes chaotic defensive decisions) is that he doesn't make the players around him better. Seems like he confuses them almost as much as he confuses us.

I don’t understand the early kicks. Last night we were plying great mistake free grinding footy. Make good metres, bomb on last and tackle cowboys 10m out. We were winning the battle. Then the early kicks came and all of a sudden cows were at 30m for tackle 1. But we didn’t learn as we did it multiple times for same result.
We kicked on the first tackle with 1 min to go from HT after we won the scrum reset. We expected Saab and Harper to outpace the Cows outside backs giving them a 10m start. The Cows backs are pacy. FMD. Who thought that was a good idea?

We kicked on the first tackle with 1 min to go from HT after we won the scrum reset. We expected Saab and Harper to outpace the Cows outside backs giving them a 10m start. The Cows backs are pacy. FMD. Who thought that was a good idea?
I have no doubt that Saab would have got there first......had he known about the kick. He knew nothing about it as he was 20-25 metres back when cherry kicked it!! How hard can it be to signal the fastest man in NRL that a kick through... on the 1st.... is coming so start your run early!!!! The only other time I think Cherry looked for Saab was with 20 seconds to go.

Not sure who is coaching Cherry but someone else needs to get into his ear because clearly current strategy and game plan seriously not working!!!.

I have no doubt that Saab would have got there first......had he known about the kick. He knew nothing about it as he was 20-25 metres back when cherry kicked it!! How hard can it be to signal the fastest man in NRL that a kick through... on the 1st.... is coming so start your run early!!!! The only other time I think Cherry looked for Saab was with 20 seconds to go.

Not sure who is coaching Cherry but someone else needs to get into his ear because clearly current strategy and game plan seriously not working!!!.
Fair point with that kick and that it just turned out to be a nothing kick . Have had my share of some occasional D C E criticism but surprised at this level directed his way from last night . Played his part in a mostly quite good defensive team effort , a couple of sharp runs , poor attacking option at the end but again not a bad all round game . Anyway just my take , still takes 17 players to make or break a result and really could not single out D C E as the prime reason for an eventual shock loss

Fan boys
Fan boys
Fan boys

Oh where are the little DCE fan boys?
Sing it with me….

Fan boys
Fan boys
fan boys

Where are the little DCE fan boys??
Excited Dance GIF

A Champion Perspective .....

Every one has a falling from time to time

What makes champions is that they rise from every fall every time

DCE will rise like a true Champion again as he always does

And all Manly people will be singing again

We'll be singing
When we're winning
We'll be singing
When were winning

DCE gets knocked down
But he will get up again
You're never going to keep him down
DCE gets knocked down
But he will get up again
DCE gets knocked down
But he will get up again

So frustrating to watch a big lead get chopped down with 3 breakaway tries like that.

5 minutes to go with a 2 point lead was the time to play conservatively & defend our narrow lead, not to speculate.

Oh well, at least we showed we could potentially beat - at the very least match - them.

Haumole and Sipley standing or walking slowly gifted the Robson try. Koula and Tui let Drinkwater out of the in-goal. Koula ineffective legs tackle allowing offload for lemuelu try. Saab turn style on Holmes try. There were reasons other than DCE. It’s a 17 man, team game.
Does anyone have any insight as to whether or not Des actually coaches DCE? It really feels like he lets him do whatever he likes and has, at no point, coached the issues on his side of the field re defence and not giving Haumole and Tolu the ball they need as well as repeteadly kicking early in the count for no result. Is that coaching or DCE or a couple of smug bastards secure in their paypackets?
agree. You really have to wonder how nothing changes down that right channel.

The funny thing is since the Cronulla game DCE has looked like for the first time showing evidence of being coached, he is taking the line on more, trying to square up before passing to reduce the chances of cramping up his outside backs, the disappointing thing is it is far too late in his career to iron out but good to see though.

Either our coaching department is not breaking down his performances well enough to show where DCE is lacking or not performing effectively enough or DCE is left to his own devices and doesn't feel his game needs to change.(bit of both i gather)

DCE doesn't look like a player that has tried to improve his game smarts or understanding of the game, more like a player that has just tried to improve upon what he already does well and do it better.(which means more of the same but some games he has very effective days and a world beater but most games he replicates the same underlying issues due to a lack of understanding)

Haumole and Sipley standing or walking slowly gifted the Robson try. Koula and Tui let Drinkwater out of the in-goal. Koula ineffective legs tackle allowing offload for lemuelu try. Saab turn style on Holmes try. There were reasons other than DCE. It’s a 17 man, team game.

agree. You really have to wonder how nothing changes down that right channel.

Everyone you named there is either in there first, second or maybe third season of nrl. Not a seasoned veteran, rep player or captain.

Chalk and cheese.

I believe In Accountability, but it has to be weighted

Dce is far more often average than he is excellent

Serious question.

Can DCE play dummy half when we have the ball and Froggy play halfback...but then on defence they line up with Frog in the middle and DCE defending at halfback?

Serious question.

Can DCE play dummy half when we have the ball and Froggy play halfback...but then on defence they line up with Frog in the middle and DCE defending at halfback?
Love the idea but DCE would have none of it because it would stop him kicking on the second and third tackle. Harrumph!

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10