• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
No... I take a lot of pride in never being THE sh*ttest team lol
If you asked the casual NRL observer who the last 10 premiers were, I think they would be able to name 7 or 8. Ask the same casual observer which team claimed the spoon, I would say they would be lucky to name one. No one remembers who came last. I don't even remember which team claimed the spoon last year.

I don't believe you Frank. Maybe we need another mediocre decade and I think you would be onboard...

Happy with DCE.
Had a form slump at the start of the year. Wow. Who doesn't?
Premiership winner.
Clive Churchill medalist.
Origin winning captain.
Our young players look up to him.
Wins us more games than he loses.
Utterly beyond me what the problem is.

I have mentioned many times on here that barrett is a contributor to DCE's issues. What sticks in my craw is the idea he planted that cherry just had to play his own game and we had to put everything around him.

In theory that is correct but Dce's developement is mostly the responsability of DCE and while playing his natural game is important, the need to adapt and learn what the team needs considering the LENGTH of his contract as opposed to the dollar value and the position he plays is paramount to the clubs success

Ultimately barrett is just another on the list of excuses for DCE not improving his game. The dude tries hard but its like he came from an analogue world and wont learn the new technology required to be successful in a team game

Players need to reinvent there games and i would find it easier to support dce if he tried game management and taking the ball to the line on a regular basis and failed , than avoiding it all together. He doesnt have to be a champion to get my support, he just needs to use his noggin and stop avoiding the bloody obvious

If he failed these elements of his game while busting his nut trying i would be saying what others are saying. He tries hard and you cant blame him for the contract value, but the fact that it appears these essential elements are not in his thinking and he is comfortable letting someone else carry that load is what irks me and always will.

The warriors game was a blueprint that was obviously hammered into his head by the coach and escaped just as quickly. Its the least he could do
This is my take, during the past few years DCE has been the main point of attack and very easy for opposition to work out what they have to defend. With no Tom on the field, as well as no Faniu or five eighth, DCE feels he cannot run as much as if he gets tackled with the ball, there is no one else to run the next play. You can see he almost runs in circles trying to come up with something as no one else is threatening. He still managed to create most of the try scoring opportunities last year but also seemed like Manly was very predictable, especially missing Tom.

DCE 100% runs to the line, not sure where that is coming from. Look at the highlight reels of 2020 and 2019, most of his try assists were taking ball to the line. He definitely does it with Tom on the park and even better with Faniu and more recently Foran. He plays best off the back of second phase, or second receiver or broken field. When there are other threats on the field. This is the same for all halves. No one half can do everything all the time, especially when the side is injury riddled and not playing well. He does not run around when the side is fully fit, he takes it to the line, he has been playing well at Origin because he also good players around him which are also points of attack.

I get what your saying, but he tries to do more than just dummy and run to the line or kick the ball into touch when a lot of the sides best attacking players are on the side line, unfortunately recent years just not had the cattle on the park long enough. Im critical of DCE when he under performs and praise him when he plays well. You seem to only post negatives even when he gets mom

Happy with DCE.
Had a form slump at the start of the year. Wow. Who doesn't?
Premiership winner.
Clive Churchill medalist.
Origin winning captain.
Our young players look up to him.
Wins us more games than he loses.
Utterly beyond me what the problem is.
One more thing of note is when the game is on the line he will own it. Also can step up on the big stage, origin, finals, grand finals. That is another huge string to his bow. The bigger the pressure cooker, the better dce performs. Just wish others in the team bodies held up this his, so we could make a proper run heading into finals. So many years since we finished the year with a near full strength side. Cannot compete without a fully fit side

Other players at the time around 2015, 2016 Manly could of targeted and let DCE go to Titans are Moses Mbye, Luke Brooks, Jack Bird, Aiden Sezer, Jackson Hastings, Corey Norman, Ben Hunt, Milford, Morgan etc. Lucky we have DCE. Should of also been on a lot less if past owners didn't stuff up negotiations
The ‘past owners’ are the present owners.

If you asked the casual NRL observer who the last 10 premiers were, I think they would be able to name 7 or 8. Ask the same casual observer which team claimed the spoon, I would say they would be lucky to name one. No one remembers who came last. I don't even remember which team claimed the spoon last year.

I don't believe you Frank. Maybe we need another mediocre decade and I think you would be onboard...
I love premierships dont get me wrong but it is more important to me that we are competitive because it means each week I have hope when I sit down to watch my team...

When we are running last or near last I get mild depression... it sucks...and I do take great pride in being able to give it to my mates that Manly has never won a spoon because we are not losers like them...

DCE needs to take ownership of that right edge, he has plenty of options there, the tall speedy Saab and the big body of Guaca.

No one player can win you a premiership! Name a half that has guided his team to consistent success and GF with half the spine missing and injury plagued for a lot of those years. Thurston is regarded as one of the greats yet only won one grandfinal and miss many final series
Two GF's

A sing along song for all the tall poppies

Money, money, money
Must be funny
In DCE's world
Money, money, money
Always sunny
In DCE's world

All the things I could do
If I had a little money
In DCE's world
View attachment 17973
what good is sitting, alone in the room, come see the players play.
Life is a NRL old chum, come to the NRL.

Money makes the world go round, the world go round, that clinky clunky sound.
Oops I thought your abba song was the money song from Cabaret, for those old enough to remember

Last edited:
Only Smith, Cronk and Teddy really have been consistently good over the past 5 years and worth their pay packet. They also played in fully stacked successful clubs. I don't think many players in the game have the skills to turn a game on its head, especially if the team is getting dominated. Maybe Turbo, Teddy and Munster the exception. Grant also could be something special. Cleary also looks lost at times when his team is getting smashed. DCE has been in the top 3 halves in the game consistently over the past 5 years, but needs even more consistently I agree. Not worth 1.2 but it is what it is.
100%

Thanks to the great work by @mosto this is possible!

2020 – DCE voted Silvertails MVP

2019 - DCE voted 3rd in MVP (behind AFB and Jake)

2018 – DCE voted 2nd in MVP (behind Jake)

2017 – DCE voted Silvertails MVP

2016 – DCE not placed (winners were 1st Jake, then Turbo, Lussick, I couldn’t find the final standings)

2015 – DCE voted 3rd in MVP (behind Jake and Snake)
Yeah I meant more like the post game threads and daly cherrygraph because there are too many factors that distort the mvp ratings. I think even I would’ve voted for dce in those because I liked how hard he worked and respected his intent. Another things is that in 2018 and 2020 our side had very few good performing players (and trbo missed 2020), finishing 15th and 13th respectively. He often played ok and the perception was/is that he didn’t have the players around him (although he still had/has a responsibility to try get the best out of the players around him as our marquee halfback). Therefore he gets a de facto vote in the top 3 of the MVP ratings every year, some of which I think he definitely earned.

In 2017 and 19’ I agree dce was playing confident and doing his thing (although not quite 2011-14’ level because the quality of the team around him).

But yeah I’ve skimmed back through the daly cherrygraph thread a fair few times and 2016, 2018, 2020 and early 2021 the opinions on his performances were not very family friendly

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8