• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Moops ... my post regarding halve's stats was a one off observation suggesting that they would differ in direct proportion to the quality and form of the team around them ... I have not entered into the main DCE debate, mainly because I doubt any of the main protagonists opinions will be changed ..

If your point is that the world wouldn't have ended had we let DCE go ... then I agree ... although a hole would have been created that may have taken a couple of seasons to fill ... full it would have ended up ..
Sorry, I just wanted to throw it out there and yours happened to be the last post.

Don't you think we have just been treading water for 6 years anyway?

Considering I am still living in 2015, just for ****s and giggles Woodsie. What if we let DCE go and focused on youth? Please don't attack me as I am aware there are many variables.

Well...having a VERY quick look at the Holden Cup in 2015, there were these players-
Lachlan Croker
Addo-Carr
Tevita Pangai Jnr
Jayden Brailey
Tyrone May
Brent Naden
Jai Arrow
Angus Crichton
Viliami Kikau
Brandon Smith
Latrell Mitchell
Jospeh Manu
Blake Laurie
Dylan Edwards
Jerome Laui
Daniel Saifiti
Luke Bateman
Paul Momirovski

What if we let DCE go and got say - Brandon Smith, Jerome Laui and Viliami Kikau for the money we were offering DCE?

Take your pick at which 3 you would choose. Not all of them would have been on a big contract at their respective NRL clubs, surely...and contracts mean nothing to these young guys anyway. Just a reminder, the Panthers were a different place back then and not the juggernaut they have become...

Bring it everybody!!! LOL!
We got Croker, as well as Danny Levi (who made the 2015 Holden Cup Team of the Year). What are you complaining about?! @;)

The 2015 U20s was a pretty good crop across the board I admit, but that may be the exception rather than the rule.

Sorry, I just wanted to throw it out there and yours happened to be the last post.

Yeah ... it has been a dry spell ... and whilst not the whole reason for DCE's patchy form ... it has been 6 years he has played without a genuine top shelf 5/8 partner ...

2015 was the last year we had Foran and Lyon ... since then part timers, old bastarrds or work experience kids ...

We got Croker, as well as Danny Levi (who made the 2015 Holden Cup Team of the Year). What are you complaining about?! @;)

The 2015 U20s was a pretty good crop across the board I admit, but that may be the exception rather than the rule.
That is why Croker is at the top of the list! I must have missed Levi somehow...

The lack of a draft or similar means that a lot of clubs tread water as they prioritise short-term success/being competitive (making finals) over ultimate glory (winning a premiership). It makes sense, because to do a proper rebuild requires some form of guarantee that you are going to get access to top quality juniors at a decent price.

So I think it is interested to contemplate what might have happened if DCE didn't backflip and we went in a different direction, but I reckon the most likely outcome would have been that we paid overs for some journeyman or young guy who, like DCE, would not have performed to their contract value. I genuinely believe this outcome was more likely than the Club nailing its cherry picking (pun intended) of the best young talent in the comp with the money it ended up spending on DCE. And chances are, as putrid as some of our results have been over the last 5 years (2017 and 2019 excluded), we would have been even worse.

The lack of a draft or similar means that a lot of clubs tread water as they prioritise short-term success/being competitive (making finals) over ultimate glory (winning a premiership). It makes sense, because to do a proper rebuild requires some form of guarantee that you are going to get access to top quality juniors at a decent price.

So I think it is interested to contemplate what might have happened if DCE didn't backflip and we went in a different direction, but I reckon the most likely outcome would have been that we paid overs for some journeyman or young guy who, like DCE, would not have performed to their contract value. I genuinely believe this outcome was more likely than the Club nailing its cherry picking (pun intended) of the best young talent in the comp with the money it ended up spending on DCE. And chances are, as putrid as some of our results have been over the last 5 years (2017 and 2019 excluded), we would have been even worse.
We could have actually nailed the whole thing as well and got it right...It is the path I would have taken if it was my choice.

Moops ... my post regarding halve's stats was a one off observation suggesting that they would differ in direct proportion to the quality and form of the team around them ... I have not entered into the main DCE debate, mainly because I doubt any of the main protagonists opinions will be changed ..

If your point is that the world wouldn't have ended had we let DCE go ... then I agree ... although a hole would have been created that may have taken a couple of seasons to fill ... full it would have ended up ..
..and we would likely have a couple of wooden 'trophies' in the cabinet too...

We could have actually nailed the whole thing as well and got it right...It is the path I would have taken if it was my choice.
Possibly, but definitely not probable that we would have nailed it. Either option involved the Club - DCE or youth - taking a punt.

We did poach Luke Metcalf the best junior half in the comp at the time and player of the year, but didn't turn out to be much

..and we would likely have a couple of wooden 'trophies' in the cabinet too...
Ok, what about this one. Would you take a guaranteed two premierships plus eight spoons a decade? I would be very tempted...Parramatta fans would take the deal I reckon.

Started in first grade 2016 and playing his 100th game tomorrow. Do the maths on that lol
1620445212576.png

5 years you say? Hmmmmmm. Lets think whT happened 5 years ago that could have systematically destroyed a very good players game and confidence?
5 years???? Would that have been 2016 by sny chance? Im sure theres something that happened at our great club that not only dismantled Cherrys game but most of our players....
I have mentioned many times on here that barrett is a contributor to DCE's issues. What sticks in my craw is the idea he planted that cherry just had to play his own game and we had to put everything around him.

In theory that is correct but Dce's developement is mostly the responsability of DCE and while playing his natural game is important, the need to adapt and learn what the team needs considering the LENGTH of his contract as opposed to the dollar value and the position he plays is paramount to the clubs success

Ultimately barrett is just another on the list of excuses for DCE not improving his game. The dude tries hard but its like he came from an analogue world and wont learn the new technology required to be successful in a team game

Players need to reinvent there games and i would find it easier to support dce if he tried game management and taking the ball to the line on a regular basis and failed , than avoiding it all together. He doesnt have to be a champion to get my support, he just needs to use his noggin and stop avoiding the bloody obvious

If he failed these elements of his game while busting his nut trying i would be saying what others are saying. He tries hard and you cant blame him for the contract value, but the fact that it appears these essential elements are not in his thinking and he is comfortable letting someone else carry that load is what irks me and always will.

The warriors game was a blueprint that was obviously hammered into his head by the coach and escaped just as quickly. Its the least he could do

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8