• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I'm sure I said it somewhere in this thread.. but we won't win nothing while this hack is at the club. Most overrated player in our history. Stewart's etc carried him. Turbo carries him. He's on far too much for his abilities.
But some poster reprimanded me when I said Nathan Cleary was a better halfback than DCE and I was told - not yet he isn't. Seriously, if you were putting a team together and you had the choice between Cleary and DCE as your halfback, who would you go for?

But some poster reprimanded me when I said Nathan Cleary was a better halfback than DCE and I was told - not yet he isn't. Seriously, if you were putting a team together and you had the choice between Cleary and DCE as your halfback, who would you go for?
Nathan has been better for years. 1st game last year i could see dce was off. Been that way bar a few games since. He has lost his vision and confidence, looks so lost out there.

Nathan has been better for years. 1st game last year i could see dce was off. Been that way bar a few games since. He has lost his vision and confidence, looks so lost out there.
Cleary was woeful in 2019. 2020 was player of the year, surrounded by a gun side and coached well, even though was owned at origin level and sucked on GF day. Penrith play with energy, aggression and speed. Manly need to improve in all those areas. Put cleary in Manly side atm would not make a difference. Still don't have a fullback or hooker, crap defence, slow backs, soft forwards. We need to improve in so many areas as well as some key player positions.

I dont care if its Munster or Cleary or Keary, put them in that team that played Roosters on sat and we still get flogged. Melbourne, Penrith, Roosters all have gun spines and fast outside backs and aggressive tough forwards. They are well coached and dont make the silly errors manly do and play with aggression and speed.. Just hoping for Tom to stay injury free for most of the rest of the year, cust to hold down the 9 until we hopefully get Faniu back and for Dez to give some of the promising blacktown players a go. Build a side that can compete moving Forward.

I dont care if its Munster or Cleary or Keary, put them in that team that played Roosters on sat and we still get flogged. Melbourne, Penrith, Roosters all have gun spines and fast outside backs and aggressive tough forwards. They are well coached and dont make the silly errors manly do and play with aggression and speed.. Just hoping for Tom to stay injury free for most of the rest of the year, cust to hold down the 9 until we hopefully get Faniu back and for Dez to give some of the promising blacktown players a go. Build a side that can compete moving Forward.
I think your right that Cleary would have drowned in the same team on Saturday but Munster - and to a lesser extent Keary - would have made a huge difference. A good playmaker and leader helps a team reach and exploit what potential they have. Look at games one and three in the SOO where Munster drove the Queensland team and contrast those with game two where DCE did the driving. Organisation and structure are every bit as important as individual skills. Organisation, structure and leadership are what the Roosters bought Cronk for and why they were willing to carry him into a grand final despite his injury.

We can't make the current crop of players faster so we should be trying to give them leadership and structure so they can use the skills they have. It will never happen but I'd like to see Des run Foran and Cust as the halves. They may not have the greatest individual skills but neither is prone to panicking and making stupid mistakes. Cherry could come off the bench as a strike weapon when the opposition tires.

I think your right that Cleary would have drowned in the same team on Saturday but Munster - and to a lesser extent Keary - would have made a huge difference. A good playmaker and leader helps a team reach and exploit what potential they have. Look at games one and three in the SOO where Munster drove the Queensland team and contrast those with game two where DCE did the driving. Organisation and structure are every bit as important as individual skills. Organisation, structure and leadership are what the Roosters bought Cronk for and why they were willing to carry him into a grand final despite his injury.

We can't make the current crop of players faster so we should be trying to give them leadership and structure so they can use the skills they have. It will never happen but I'd like to see Des run Foran and Cust as the halves. They may not have the greatest individual skills but neither is prone to panicking and making stupid mistakes. Cherry could come off the bench as a strike weapon when the opposition tires.
Imagine paying your 14 1.2mil a year or whatever he bloody earns.

'Heartbreaking': DCE and Foz's nightmare reunion​

Author Dan Walsh NRL.com Reporter Timestamp Tue 16 Mar 2021, 06:17 PM

A fairytale reunion that quickly became a nightmare isn't a place Kieran Foran and Daly Cherry-Evans plan on revisiting any time soon.

A combined 12 missed tackles, four errors, two more kicks sent dead and the worst game Cherry-Evans can remember playing came amid the club's worst round one defeat in 75 seasons.

Despite the 46-4 loss to the Roosters, Manly coach Des Hasler has resisted wholesale changes to the team that will face South Sydney on Saturday night.

The dire result has not put Des Hasler's two-year extension, expected to be announced this week, in jeopardy.

But the "embarrassing" performance made for the unhappiest of homecomings for Foran, who partnered 2011 premiership teammate Cherry-Evans at the scrumbase for the first time since 2015.

Foran's left edge defensive combination alongside Brad Parker and Jack Gosiewski was badly exposed by Roosters stars James Tedesco and Luke Keary, conceding the first seven tries of the SCG thrashing.

Cherry-Evans had the worst outing he could recall from 237 games, punting the ball out on the full, dead in-goal and making seven missed tackles as well as everything that could go wrong, simply did.

"I had one last year against the Dragons where I had a few noticeably big errors, I think three in the first half, but this was an overall bad game," the Queensland and Manly captain conceded on Tuesday.

"So nothing pops into memory but I haven't started a season like this in a while.

"That's the positive, it can't get any worse.

"I've been guilty of that in the past, trying too hard. I just obviously wasn't executing. It might look the same to everyone which is fine but there's a big difference between me overplaying my hand and just not having a good day."

Foran, too, pulled no punches and expects to be a defensive target when South Sydney travel to the Northern Beaches.

The hard yards Manly had put in over summer is what left him "heartbroken" by the thrashing, not his own return to maroon and white going so awry.

"You can't get your mind off something like that," he said.

"You try, we all try our different ways to get on with it and live life but the reality is this is our job. This is what we do.

"I just felt horribly disappointed for our fans too and our members."

Hasler has largely stuck by last week's starting side, with only Andrew Davey coming onto Foran's left edge as Gosiewski drops back to the bench.

Cade Cust's hat-trick for feeder side Blacktown has seen him jag a bench spot as back-up hooker to Lachlan Croker while Sean Keppie also replaces Morgan Boyle.

Manly's edges proved a defensive issue last season as well, part of a dismal slide that has seen the Sea Eagles concede an average of 36.1 points per game from their last 10 outings.

Foran maintains faith in the combination with Parker and Gosiewski/Davey, but acknowledges the likes of Cody Walker and Adam Reynolds will be directing plenty of traffic his way again come Saturday.

"There's no denying we leaked a tonne of points there," Foran said.

"I'm sure they'll be having a look and wanting to come there but I've got complete confidence in our edge that we'll be able to turn things around and turn them away."

I was told by a Titans supporter in the know, that due to Taylor’s previous mental health issues in the past, that Meninga (cultural boss at the Titans), had spoken to Fox, to get them to lay off him (for now anyway). Meninga knows he’s got the clout to pull it off. And honestly, I think it is a great call.
I suppose that makes you realise how easily the narrative around certain players and clubs can be controlled.

Interesting chat on 360 on overpaid halves that need to improve.

DCE didnt get a mention but Milford, Morgan and Hunt on 1 mil, Brooks and Moses at 800k ish.

DCE isnt perfect but Id take him over that 5 on their wages
Did you notice the work experience Fox person couldn’t spell “paid” they spelled it “payed”... I didn’t know they were sailors.

Made me laugh anyway.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8