• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I was going to start a what's wrong with DCE thread but thought I'd wait till after a few weeks but here we are so ill have my say....

He really cost us today, he stuffed any chance of us winning that game. He alone gave them 3 seven tackle sets, dropped the ball twice and kicked for dead on the 2nd when we really really needed to hold onto the ball. They scored off that seven tackle set... when it was a try a piece and we had them in their own try line with a fresh set restart and he loses the ball over the deadball line.. he dropped it cold on half way and generally looked lost. He is very predictable and just dumps it off to Sironen. Suli was barely used and saab i don't think got a ball from dce or a kick. He is not alone and it wasn't his side that tedesco bbqed, feasted on and left boneless but Foran at least looked good he looked like he knew what was going on and who he was passing to. He set up that try and almost scored himself. It was his 1st game in awhile and his 1st for our club (kinda) and he outplayed dce.

Now onto jake... this guy what does he do? How much is he on?? This guy used to be a machine with a good footy brain. Popping offloads and doing sneaky little passes for his brother or dce... now he is officially Mr Plod 2.0 until i see something other than a slow tackling and penalty machine. Needs to goto prop and run hard and look to offload. His style of football doesn't suite this touch football crap.

Now for Garrick & Parker... .. .
These two are the most incompetent and inept park footballers iv ever seen. The roosters reduced them to their childhoods and bitch slapped them with no mercy. Garrick should be shipped and packaged by Amazon to England. Parker should work the ice cream truck with mansoud

Des hasler manly legend and architect of the 40 nil...
Beloved Des has been shafted by injuries and fainu's utmost stupidity! A busted turbo and the most expensive player in the game who gets outplayed regularly and does nothing.... when we didn't have brett Stewart we rarely won this is a fact but we never got smashed and were laughed at and became a team where other teams break records over. Its embarrassing and not the Manly we know and expect. I know des is trying his hardest but his stubbornness and ridiculous team selections better stop really quickly because if he persists with Garrick and Parker and frickin walker at fullback he will not only get us smashed each week like last year (we are now 10 losses out of 11 games, correct me if im wrong) but will ultimately lose the fans and maybe a few of our young stars. Wtf was funa on the bench? Why did he play walker at fb when he had been training in the centers all pre season? He trained funa saab and harper at fb in the pre season... so why choose walker? There was a moment in the game when they jogged around parker and he was like an old woman carrying shopping bags... i mean its almost like he was standing still he is ridiculously slow. 3rd string center at best.

Croker... (sigh)

I was going to start a what's wrong with DCE thread but thought I'd wait till after a few weeks but here we are so ill have my say....

He really cost us today, he stuffed any chance of us winning that game. He alone gave them 3 seven tackle sets, dropped the ball twice and kicked for dead on the 2nd when we really really needed to hold onto the ball. They scored off that seven tackle set... when it was a try a piece and we had them in their own try line with a fresh set restart and he loses the ball over the deadball line.. he dropped it cold on half way and generally looked lost. He is very predictable and just dumps it off to Sironen. Suli was barely used and saab i don't think got a ball from dce or a kick. He is not alone and it wasn't his side that tedesco bbqed, feasted on and left boneless but Foran at least looked good he looked like he knew what was going on and who he was passing to. He set up that try and almost scored himself. It was his 1st game in awhile and his 1st for our club (kinda) and he outplayed dce.

Now onto jake... this guy what does he do? How much is he on?? This guy used to be a machine with a good footy brain. Popping offloads and doing sneaky little passes for his brother or dce... now he is officially Mr Plod 2.0 until i see something other than a slow tackling and penalty machine. Needs to goto prop and run hard and look to offload. His style of football doesn't suite this touch football crap.

Now for Garrick & Parker... .. .
These two are the most incompetent and inept park footballers iv ever seen. The roosters reduced them to their childhoods and bitch slapped them with no mercy. Garrick should be shipped and packaged by Amazon to England. Parker should work the ice cream truck with mansoud

Des hasler manly legend and architect of the 40 nil...
Beloved Des has been shafted by injuries and fainu's utmost stupidity! A busted turbo and the most expensive player in the game who gets outplayed regularly and does nothing.... when we didn't have brett Stewart we rarely won this is a fact but we never got smashed and were laughed at and became a team where other teams break records over. Its embarrassing and not the Manly we know and expect. I know des is trying his hardest but his stubbornness and ridiculous team selections better stop really quickly because if he persists with Garrick and Parker and frickin walker at fullback he will not only get us smashed each week like last year (we are now 10 losses out of 11 games, correct me if im wrong) but will ultimately lose the fans and maybe a few of our young stars. Wtf was funa on the bench? Why did he play walker at fb when he had been training in the centers all pre season? He trained funa saab and harper at fb in the pre season... so why choose walker? There was a moment in the game when they jogged around parker and he was like an old woman carrying shopping bags... i mean its almost like he was standing still he is ridiculously slow. 3rd string center at best.

Croker... (sigh)
When you’re taking up a million plus in the cap,you can’t afford to come into the year under done because you had no pre season games due to a late finish to last year.Look at the Storm players Thursday night,or any season really.You can hate the Storm as much as you like,but they have proven that a fast start to the season doesn’t stop you from playing finals football

His constant brain farts under pressure are killing us.

Not sure he is mediocre but gee he makes some poor choices. When you have had no ball all first half and your team is out on its feet defensively, you just don't ever ever ever kick on tackle two and even worse - kick it dead for a 7 tackle set - arghhhhhhhh
But,but that's his thing ,isn't it.?.

What is unsustainable is letting him go but still paying his contract.No club is going to take him on paying his full wage,meaning Manly would have to pick up the difference
We're trapped. We can persist with Cherry just because he's too expensive to drop but if we do we make the situation worse. Cherry doesn't just under-perform, he makes mistakes and bad decisions that cost us games, and he takes up a spot on the field where we could run a player that could do something constructive (the Shoe?). If we sold him we could at least recoup part of his contract to spend on a junior player. If no one will buy him than it may be better to have a $millon player in Blacktown colors. At least he wouldn't be ruining the attack in first grade.

This may sound like a dummy spit but - honestly - didn't you scream in frustration when we were attacking the Roosters line and the ball went to DCE rather than Foz? Even before DCE threw the ball over the dead ball line it was obvious to everybody but Des and Crocker that it was a poor decision.

It's laughable that he is the highest paid player in the NRL. If he consistently played like he was the best player in the league then fair enough. However his performances regularly show him up for what he is, a great attacking halfback when all things are going his way. You don't pay best player in league money for that. Because we over pay him we have an imbalanced squad and we cannot deliver the conditions he requires to perform at his best - i.e. we do not have the money available to put the cattle around him to make him shine. It has been proven that without Tommy he can't deliver, so God help us if his injury dramas continue

We've got 3 more years and then hopefully we can move on and rebuild. He hasn't taken us to the big dance for the last 8 years and based on yesterday I don't see him getting us there over the next 3 either unfortunately. Good player and tries hard but worth paying the top salary in the league for 8 years ??? No way, and the results over that time have shown it.

Anyway, it'll be another year of inconsistency from him. He'll have a blinder or two, or kick a field goal to win us a tight one and the support group will be in raptures. But there will be the fair share of efforts like last night too, especially if Tommy doesn't stay fit. That's life with DCE.

It was madness that DCE, Jake and co did not play in that trial against the Tigpies. What was the point of the trial? All our gun players were done after 20 minutes yesterday.
Dce (and a number of others) played like yesterday was the first time they'd touched a ball etc for the year (oh wait it was)!

Should have had 2 trial games like other clubs did.. can't wrap players up in bubble wrap and waste 3 regular season games to get fit

Dce is the marquee signing we have aimed to build the club around. Big coin, captain, most important position, leadership group

While he appears a cleanskin the rumours of team unrest around him has always been there. Wether it was the old playing group, hastings, lane , marty , and the qld origin camp There have always been whispers of team discontent and while i dont have any inside info i suspect his team god like status and actual ROI would be a sticking point in any team environment. He has repeatedly asked forwards to run through walls only to throw the ball away in nothing plays like its his entitlement to do so.

We have spent the last 5 years recruiting around him wether it be nate myles to placate his family or players to balance out what he doesnt bring to the table and thats plenty

When tom essentially takes responsability for the team DCE is conspicuious by his absence and takes a giant step back

IMO his ego needs a reality check. While has had moments in his career he has never been an elite halfback but there are enough backslappers for him to believe he is the man the papers make him out to be.

While foran is fit he should play 7 , schuster 6 and dce either 14 or blacktown. He has never played for a contract and already he has his manager putting feelers out for yet another big payday. 6 weeks in reggies may wake him up to the fact that he has to earn it. We may gain from this decision , but we surely can not go backwards. He may see this as a roadblock to another pay day

The teams attitude needs a major readjustment on the 1% plays and this may send some shockwaves through the team that may turn a few things around. If DCE is the bar that the team holds itself to , it just isnt set high enough. Drop him and no one feels safe

This is dessies big call. Has des got the balls

As for the forum, the passionate fans, how could you be passionate and then settle for something so average.

People bang on about choc watmough being a money grub. He was part of a core group of manly legends that took less money to remain at manly and build our little dynasty. The exact opposite of a money grub, , but because that dynasty was upset by an individual and he left , manly fans dump **** on him.

Really sad part of our history as a club and on our silvertails community

He just needed to hold onto the ball and play out the set of 6 and give the defence a break - try and grubber into the in goal on the last or something. Double arghhhhh

That simply wont happen. He is like the cookie monster in a bikkie factory.
And suli is getting none

I'm sure I said it somewhere in this thread.. but we won't win nothing while this hack is at the club. Most overrated player in our history. Stewart's etc carried him. Turbo carries him. He's on far too much for his abilities.

F#ck him off to the Bronco's now as their next saviour whilst they are still hurting & desperate.
Player swap with Staggs and Dearden.

That’s probably the only real possibility. The Broncos need a “marquee” player as part of their rebuild and being the current qld captain, it’s a deal that could and should be made. We may need to agree to pay $500K+/yr but if we could get a couple of players in exchange, it would be worth it.
The more I think about it, he’s the key domino that has to fall, to open up everything else.

For what it's worth here is my take on our so-called 'Big Three":
The one positive: At least DCE and Jurbo take to the field. They rarely miss a match.
What is hurting us most is the absence of Turbo. When it comes to attack he clearly is a class above anyone we have, and if he could remain uninjured he'd be worth the big money.

I'd be reasonably happy to let DCE go by paying a hefty portion of his salary because I think he is on the downward slide. Mind you, in a class team like Easts, Storm or Souffs he'd probably regain his once stellar form.
Jurbo should consider returning to prop and being a workhorse rather than a link. His strength is his defence so get him as close to the action as possible.
If Turbo has one more leg injury then the club has to find a way of easing him off the books. It's a cruel sport, but Turbo is smart enough to make his mark in life outside the football field.

Even if DCE was moved on, would not make a difference under Dez and the way he coaches and will continue to still pick under performing players. Every other team is trying to build and adapt to the modern game. Players are now thinking run, not setting up for set plays or half arse runs. The good sides have speed across the park and ball players all thinking run. DCE in a better coached side would kill it. Dez has lost the plot and the players.. Let AFB go, best forward in game and signed Foran who will be a liability in defence all year. Teams are too fast for us atm.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 3 5 -55 8