• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Over the course of the last 2weeks, they must have kicked into touch on the 5th at least 6 times. There's no way in the world DCE is kicking for touch that often unless he's been told to do so by the coach....I've tried to come up with a workable reason but I'm still not sure.

Last edited:
Offered contract, DCE delayed, initial contract pulled, DCE signs with Titans, more funds available due to the possibility of Foran most likely leaving, stays with Manly.-----(article doesn't change a thing)

Have no issue with DCE negotiating the best deal during his last contract negotiations, as stated before....
Yeah well I've got a huge issue with him clogging our cap to the point were we can't move an inch and won't be top 8 contenders until we're rid of him.

Yeah well I've got a huge issue with him clogging our cap to the point were we can't move an inch and won't be top 8 contenders until we're rid of him.
Haha DCE was on the same contract last year and we were not only top 8 contenders - we made the top 8!
All that's changed is the salary cap penalty, are you blaming DCE for that too?

Haha DCE was on the same contract last year and we were not only top 8 contenders - we made the top 8!
All that's changed is the salary cap penalty, are you blaming DCE for that too?
Salary cap prevented us from
A: retaining Green, Warriors had much bigger offer, and
B: Landing Pierce.
So as the player that takes the biggest piece of our cap, yes in part Dce is to blame. And we will continue to lose out on players for years to come...

So as the player that takes the biggest piece of our cap, yes in part Dce is to blame. And we will continue to lose out on players for years to come...
Are all the other players also in part to blame? They also take up various amounts of our cap.
I'd be enthralled to hear you expound the logic of your position!

If Silvertails was around when Cliffy was having that bad season he’d had I wonder how many people would have been calling for his head, cancer on team, overpaid etc...

Cliff had a couple of bad seasons and returned to dominate the 1995, 1996 and 1997 season. Ask him about his form in 88’89. It wasn’t until 91 he started to get his mojo back.

Are all the other players also in part to blame? They also take up various amounts of our cap.
I'd be enthralled to hear you expound the logic of your position!
Pretty simple matey, Dce plays like sh!t and takes up the most out the cap out of any of our players. Hence taking more of the blame. Do the other players take some responsibility? Of course, as do the coaching staff..

[keep it relevant and don't make it personal]

Last edited by a moderator:
If Silvertails was around when Cliffy was having that bad season he’d had I wonder how many people would have been calling for his head, cancer on team, overpaid etc...

Cliff had a couple of bad seasons and returned to dominate the 1995, 1996 and 1997 season. Ask him about his form in 88’89. It wasn’t until 91 he started to get his mojo back.
Mate I would have been banned defending the great man on here

I would like to see Walkz and TW get given a go in the halves, they would cause havoc.
Dce would be ideal as a temporary hooker, a position closer to the action where he can still guide the team around without the constraints of chief playmaker.
(Which hasn't been working)
Hodko ....well the team just can't carry him ......leave it at that

We support Daly
Manly star Jake Trbojevic speaks up after his skipper cops roasting

Jon Geddes

image.ashx

STAR forward Jake Trbojevic has described the brutal attacks on his Sea Eagles skipper Daly Cherry-Evans as “ridiculous”.

And the Blues forward has offered a senior player’s perspective on why Cherry-Evans is the right man to lead the Sea Eagles.

“He is very passionate about Manly, he trains extremely hard and works on his game a lot,” Trbojevic said while in camp with the NSW Origin team.

He said Cherry-Evans was always one of the first players on the field at training and one of the last to leave.

“And he gets the younger halves out there and they all work together, so he does a lot for the players around him.

“It is ridiculous.

“We know how good he is, how good he is for the club, what a great captain he is. We don’t even worry about the stuff people say about him or write about him because we know he is good person and a good bloke.”

Trbojevic said Cherry-Evans did not let those issues become a distraction.

“He is pretty mentally strong. He has copped it for a fair while and I think he is used to it,” Trbojevic said.

“He can put it aside and just focus on his role and he’s really good at that.

“That’s another quality of his that makes him a good leader.”

And brother Tom Trbojevic said Cherry-Evans had the support of the playing group and that what he had to go through was unfair.

“But we love having him at Manly, we love having him as our captain and he knows that,” Turbo said. “If everyone cared as much as him you’d be laughing.”

http://newslocal.smedia.com.au/manl...cle.aspx?doc=NLTMLD/2018/06/20&entity=ar05203

We support Daly
Manly star Jake Trbojevic speaks up after his skipper cops roasting

Jon Geddes

image.ashx

STAR forward Jake Trbojevic has described the brutal attacks on his Sea Eagles skipper Daly Cherry-Evans as “ridiculous”.

And the Blues forward has offered a senior player’s perspective on why Cherry-Evans is the right man to lead the Sea Eagles.

“He is very passionate about Manly, he trains extremely hard and works on his game a lot,” Trbojevic said while in camp with the NSW Origin team.

He said Cherry-Evans was always one of the first players on the field at training and one of the last to leave.

“And he gets the younger halves out there and they all work together, so he does a lot for the players around him.

“It is ridiculous.

“We know how good he is, how good he is for the club, what a great captain he is. We don’t even worry about the stuff people say about him or write about him because we know he is good person and a good bloke.”

Trbojevic said Cherry-Evans did not let those issues become a distraction.

“He is pretty mentally strong. He has copped it for a fair while and I think he is used to it,” Trbojevic said.

“He can put it aside and just focus on his role and he’s really good at that.

“That’s another quality of his that makes him a good leader.”

And brother Tom Trbojevic said Cherry-Evans had the support of the playing group and that what he had to go through was unfair.

“But we love having him at Manly, we love having him as our captain and he knows that,” Turbo said. “If everyone cared as much as him you’d be laughing.”

http://newslocal.smedia.com.au/manly-daily/TranslateArticle.aspx?doc=NLTMLD/2018/06/20&entity=ar05203
Suck on that one Choc .;)

Salary cap prevented us from
A: retaining Green, Warriors had much bigger offer, and
B: Landing Pierce.
The same presumably applies elsewhere then, because apparently we aren’t the only outfit with a $1 million player on the books.

Some of those clubs routinely make it to the finals.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8