• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
While I do agree that our forwards make good metre's most weeks, a lot of the time that is negated because we have just about the slowest play the balls in the NRL. Last night at one point in the second half, James Graham got tackled and put on his back. He bounced straight back up and (legally) played the ball in quick time allowing them to immediately spread the ball left and make a break. Now that is after he had already made a number of hit ups and tackles. Our boys get tackled and they get up like they're crawling out of bed after a hard night out, then they put the ball on the ground and play it (suddenly everyone is copying Jorge Taufua's play the balls). While playing it like that is technically correct in order to avoid being penalised, its also painfully slow and does nothing but allow the markers and the defence time to set and go.

Making metres and giving players like DCE the room they need is one thing. But it means nothing if the play the ball is so slow you could set your sundial to it. You want quick play the balls to keep the defence on the back foot, and that is where DCE is at his most dangerous, running best - against a retreating defence. But when the defence is able to get set and move up in a straight line because we take forever and a day, its leaving him with nowhere to go.
Ure on fire atm mate...Keep going son!

Not in the know about things within the Manly club so no need to place me on some inside info pedestal.

From all accounts the original lower offer was around for a while, if DCE was happy with the original amount he would of taken it up much earlier.

No issue with DCE holding out for a larger offer during this contract negotiation or backing out of the Titans deal, but the way it was written in the papers was that Manly didn't want DCE due to removing the offer, if they didn't want DCE they would not have made that reasonable offer to start with.(DCE delaying is more evident of not wanting to stay, more than Manly removing the original offer that by reports DCE was happy with---which i highly doubt he was)

Manly just had to put a timeline on the offer to allow them to keep all options on the table or enhance other offers, delaying further could of risked Manly missing out on both----even though technically this was the case at the time but that is with the luxury of hindsight.

I think you'll find that Manly withdrew the offer, which I understand was around $750,000 yearly, without giving DCE notice, while he was considering the offer and other offers made, because they realised they could not hope to hold both Foran and DCE together, given their limitations with the salary cap. They had to bid higher for Foran because of the Parra offer and thought he would stay. They offered Foran more and tried hard to keep him but he decided on the Parramatta offer after DCE had already signed with the Titans. Manly hedged their bets and decided Foran was a better long term proposal than DCE. How wrong they were for several reasons now obvious.

If interested, a link to a 2015 story detailing above and quoting those involved:

https://www.nrl.com/news/2015/06/03/dce-left-door-open-for-titans-renege/

Last edited:
LMFAO ok, I can play too.

What about the half that Manly wanted to keep.
How is Foran going leading the dogs around the park? He is younger than DCE.

Foran has personal problems, he needs to be away from football completley, he never recovered from his , I believe "breakdown"..

Last edited:
Foran has personal problems, he needs to be away from football completely, he never recovered from his , I believe "breakdown"..

Are you a shrink now? Foran is getting paid $1mill playing for the Dogs.

Thurston is getting paid $1.4 mill and you say he is over the hill. Why are the cowgirls paying him?

Are either of these highly paid players doing any better than DCE? Worse imo.

Thurston is getting paid $1.4 mill and you say he is over the hill. Why are the cowgirls paying him?

I know its not that common, but i use common sense to evaluate these things , yes they pay Thurston for his organizational skills now, something your boy lacks..!!

Said it 2 yrs ago and say it again, we won’t win another premiership with him as our half.
Can’t kick, can’t organise, can’t play.

But at least he’s a nice guy right? Pfffft, He’s a pretender- pretends to be a footballer, pretends to be a captain and pretends to be intelligent. Most see through it now...

I’ll take a beer drinking , swearing, fighting,red blooded guy that plays with heart any day of the week and twice on Sunday. I support MANLY, not Dce.

Said it 2 yrs ago and say it again, we won’t win another premiership with him as our half.
Can’t kick, can’t organise, can’t play.

But at least he’s a nice guy right? Pfffft, He’s a pretender- pretends to be a footballer, pretends to be a captain and pretends to be intelligent. Most see through it now...

I’ll take a beer drinking , swearing, fighting,red blooded guy that plays with heart any day of the week and twice on Sunday. I support MANLY, not Dce.
Wow Hozza respect your opinion here but you have a pretty short memory. From 2011 until 2014 Cherry was absolutely dynamite. His kicking game was huge, he was extremely elusive and surprising strong.
He would be pretty much the same if he had a half decent halves partner, as eveidence last year when they ran 6th with a pretty good halves partner in Blake Green.
The problems with Manly are far worse than Cherry. Each game three player run 150+ metres and they still lose by 20 points. That ain’t one player causing that, that’s half a team of under performers,
NYEagle

The cooling off period back then only applied to contracts with a new club, not with your current club. However feel free to revise history as that neatly backs up your analysis of DCE!
I never revised history i just gave an opinion---what i am saying is DCE's original rookie contract meant nothing to him(the past history element) one whole year later to the point of "basically" reneging and threatening not to turn up to training to get what he wanted.

My comment was not directly in relation to the last contract negotiations more an opinion of what could of transpired afterwards even a year later going off "past history".

Wow Hozza respect your opinion here but you have a pretty short memory. From 2011 until 2014 Cherry was absolutely dynamite. His kicking game was huge, he was extremely elusive and surprising strong.
He would be pretty much the same if he had a half decent halves partner, as eveidence last year when they ran 6th with a pretty good halves partner in Blake Green.
The problems with Manly are far worse than Cherry. Each game three player run 150+ metres and they still lose by 20 points. That ain’t one player causing that, that’s half a team of under performers,
NYEagle
NY While 90% of the time I agree with your posts this time I don’t. I do completely agree mate that the side as a whole is underperforming. And don’t get me started on the coach and his staff..

2011 a 13yr old blind girl could have been the halfback in our side and we’d still would of won. Such was the champion side it was, look at the team NY- full of legends.

2012 to 2014 he had his moments for sure, but by no means a legend in the making.

2014 till now I just think he’s been very very very overrated, by everyone. And was last years success down to him or green? Now look at where we are with Dce and look where Green is with Warriors, greens being talked about as buy of the season.

If interested, a link to a 2015 story detailing above and quoting those involved:

https://www.nrl.com/news/2015/06/03/dce-left-door-open-for-titans-renege/
Offered contract, DCE delayed, initial contract pulled, DCE signs with Titans, more funds available due to the possibility of Foran most likely leaving, stays with Manly.-----(article doesn't change a thing)

Have no issue with DCE negotiating the best deal during his last contract negotiations, as stated before....

Even though this story is history now fundamentally he was contracted for the 2015 season so why did he have to sign in 2014? He had the right to wait up until the last minute if he wanted to.

In the real world you get an offer and then you evaluate your options to best suit your circumstances at the time. At the time some of the old guard ended up being a pack of bullies and mentally do you blame a bloke for thinking if i can get similar money to do the same thing else where whilst having less stress to deal with personally and professionally you wouldn’t consider it? He didn’t sign until Manly pulled out of negotiations remember?

Penn stated pulling the original offer was a negotiation tactic that didn’t work out. Offer gets pulled, sign with a rival club so you have somewhere to go. If my employer did that to me and then wanted me back i would demand they open that chequebook and add an extra zero plus some bonuses.

He did nothing that any other person would do in the real world. He might have regrets about that now as most ppl do when things settle down but the Penns were the ones that tried to play hard ball and lost. Now we have to deal with that mistake until DCE decides he wants to move on or retire which won’t be happening soon.

I just don’t get why ppl give it to the bloke, honestly hasn’t stopped since 2012. There are other players earning $1M+ (Dugan, Bird etc) that aren’t exactly setting the world on fire. Manly players cop it from the media all the time, Shouldn’t be copping it from fans calling him a cancer on the team etc. Game day frustrations i understand but he trains harder than anyone at the club which is leading by example so it’s not through lack of effort on his part. He is a class player, he has shown that many times including just last season where he was right at the top in terms of #7’s so he isn’t a flash in the pan, he just needs to sort out whatever, if any, personal issues. When he gains his confidence again he’ll be at the top again.

James Bond would be proud of this 007

41191378119a38526636fa85d8250734.jpg

mate I don't know what he's doing I watch most games every week and no one does what we do. Cheap turn overs instead of attacking or building pressure
He's just in a bit of bad form mainly due to over trying i think mate . Hes expected to pull us out of it and the pressure is telling maybe . He's a very good half and will come out of it , just got to stick with him .

Let's not forget Jack Bird, on around $900,000 a year, wouldn't they love to throw him back to the Sharks, at least DCE manages to stay injury free

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8