• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Good camaraderie gesture by Jake and Tom for D C E but still can not divert from the fact that D C E is well down on form this season . I am sure that it is certainly with in D C E "s capabilities to lift his game and playing with less negative tactics may also help .

We support Daly
Manly star Jake Trbojevic speaks up after his skipper cops roasting

Jon Geddes

image.ashx

STAR forward Jake Trbojevic has described the brutal attacks on his Sea Eagles skipper Daly Cherry-Evans as “ridiculous”.

And the Blues forward has offered a senior player’s perspective on why Cherry-Evans is the right man to lead the Sea Eagles.

“He is very passionate about Manly, he trains extremely hard and works on his game a lot,” Trbojevic said while in camp with the NSW Origin team.

He said Cherry-Evans was always one of the first players on the field at training and one of the last to leave.

“And he gets the younger halves out there and they all work together, so he does a lot for the players around him.

“It is ridiculous.

“We know how good he is, how good he is for the club, what a great captain he is. We don’t even worry about the stuff people say about him or write about him because we know he is good person and a good bloke.”

Trbojevic said Cherry-Evans did not let those issues become a distraction.

“He is pretty mentally strong. He has copped it for a fair while and I think he is used to it,” Trbojevic said.

“He can put it aside and just focus on his role and he’s really good at that.

“That’s another quality of his that makes him a good leader.”

And brother Tom Trbojevic said Cherry-Evans had the support of the playing group and that what he had to go through was unfair.

“But we love having him at Manly, we love having him as our captain and he knows that,” Turbo said. “If everyone cared as much as him you’d be laughing.”

http://newslocal.smedia.com.au/manly-daily/TranslateArticle.aspx?doc=NLTMLD/2018/06/20&entity=ar05203

Who is this Jake guy - haven't seen him post on here with ill educated options, until then his factual insights will mean squat

The same presumably applies elsewhere then, because apparently we aren’t the only outfit with a $1 million player on the books.

Some of those clubs routinely make it to the finals.
Of course it happens. But 80% of the time there a success. Smith, Cronk, Thurston have all justified there pay packet. Thurston is playing like a busted arse this year and I’m betting Cowgirls are thanking there lucky stars he’s retiring this year.
Hunts performing well for the Dragons.
Birds been a flop at Broncos but still on 300 or 400k less.

And unlike most teams we have got Moneyball Evans until 2084...

This should be in the garbage bin . Garbage story .
Mason talks about club loyalty, putting the club first LOL LOL LOL
Why did Mason play for 6 clubs in his career ?
Money of course .
Mason was always a joker and nothing has changed
untitled.png

Did they copy and paste from the Watmough article? “[insert retired player] has launched an extraordinary attack on Daly Cherry Evans...”.

We are now getting loyalty.....and stay for less money diatribes from Willie Mason??? Give me a break.

If Jamie Lyon, Matt Ballin, Geoff Toovery come out and say something.....I'll listen, but Willie Mason.....is there a boxing match coming up or something? Wow!

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not saying the whole Watmough/Mason v DCE is all their fault. But seriously I'll take comments from people with credibility, not Mason who when DCE made his announcement was too busy thinking about his next pay check.....and as for Watmough.....how a person can just continually p*** all over his own legacy and then cry that his legacy at Manly is ruined (when it is all by his own making) just astonishes me.

So this is what p!sses me off.. I'm not defending dce as at times he has come across as greedy, so not gonna get into that..

What I will get into is this... In 2008, an absolute club legend came out and said he wants one more year at manly, Im not ready to retire yet.. What happened? Manly said sorry, but we have young guys in choc, Brett and Glenn and matai that we need to sure up and can't afford to keep you.. That was Steve Menzies.. And what did he do? He took himself to England and played until he was 40, all the while being a class act and not once, bagged the club he loved, and not once bagged the players who took the cash that forced him out...

I loved choc, and Glenn, and Brett and matai, but when it was their turn to get moved on in their latter years, they acted like petulant little b!tches.. (Barr Glenn).. Bagging the club in the media, bagging the players they made way for, or just ignoring the fans and the club and washing their hands of manly... Just my opinion, but 20/20 hindsight on my side, if I had the choice, ide go back to 08, p!ss off the lot of them (Barr Glenn), and keep Menzies til he was 40... Even if it cost us 2011..

Just my opinion..

Bulldogs players took pay cuts to get under the salary cap after been caught cheating, they knew they had a premiership close, and won the next year. they changed the salary cap breach rules after this happened so teams couldn't renogotiate with players if caught.

Jog on willie

The full interview is here: http://www.skipi.tv/daly-cherry-evans-skipi-tv-willie-mason/

Definitely worth a watch. A very frank interview from Willie. He doesn't hold back about DCE and what has happened to Manly. As he says, the culture at Manly has changed dramatically in the last few years. Manly expect to be a top 8 team and with the calibre of players they have, they should be in the top 8. Players don't want to play with DCE and this makes it difficult to to recruit players to Manly.

Tough times ahead.

Is it that extraordinary? Given QLD would prefer to pick a guy that had been playing Intrust Super Cup weeks earlier over Evans says it all really. Our management were clueless in signing Evans up. He is toxic, has no real affection for the colours and deserves every bit of the scrutiny directed toward him.

Us supporters have been blindly loyal to him for far too long, and in the end, we will be left dissapointed. We can say what we like about like about Choc, but that guy played his guts out for us. He didn't leave for money, he was a very good player, he was always going to get paid. He left because he just grew to hate seeing our culture being destroyed by a manipulative and common opportunist in Cherry-Evans.

There were a number of us saying at the time to let him go. Maloney and Sezer were available, we could have built nicely with those guys. Instead, our dumbass management signed up a 1.3 million dollar dud who is not worth half that. He lacks heart and creates division. Not surprising that a number of players came out in Hastings defence is it?

Tom, go and find another club to follow, if you think Watmaugh didn't leave because of money you're delusional,.
Watmaugh wanted an extra three years on top of the one year he still had with us the following season, we refused that and he went and signed Parra 15 months ahead for 4 years, Manly knew , as did Watmaugh , that there was no way his body could last four years, so in effect Watmaugh ended up screwing Parra rather than Manly.
If Foran was more open with the club rather than stringing them along, we would have made DCE our priority and signed him up at around 900, 000 as he didn't want to leave

We are now getting loyalty.....and stay for less money diatribes from Willie Mason??? Give me a break.

If Jamie Lyon, Matt Ballin, Geoff Toovery come out and say something.....I'll listen, but Willie Mason.....is there a boxing match coming up or something? Wow!

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not saying the whole Watmough/Mason v DCE is all their fault. But seriously I'll take comments from people with credibility, not Mason who when DCE made his announcement was too busy thinking about his next pay check.....and as for Watmough.....how a person can just continually p*** all over his own legacy and then cry that his legacy at Manly is ruined (when it is all by his own making) just astonishes me.
Couldn't agree more.
If one of our true greats says something then I'll listen as well.
Willie was a mercenary who added very little to our club and while choc busted his a*se he carried on like a blockhead more than once and then sold himself to Brad arfur.
Proved a bloody good buy too.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10