• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
From what I have heard he wanted to stay and I think he would have for quite a bit less than a million. I suspect he wanted parity with Foran who was being offered more. And Cronulla were offering a fortune. No wonder he had to think it through. He was wanting to settle down, was in the process of paying off a property in Harbord, and his partner is a local girl with her family living in the area. She apparently wanted to stay. He was happy at Manly and always said that. His move to the Titans was because they offered the best after Manly had dropped him and by that time the money offered was near the million mark, including some goodies beyond the salary. He was therefore preparing to buy on the Gold Coast and didnt expect anything from Manly again. Only fortuitous that Fulton stepped in at the last moment to save the day.

And like most young players, he was strongly influenced by his manager. And we forget that he was apparently up until then earning somewhere around $150,000 in his first year and only what coul be considered a good salary after that, despite having been Rookie of the year 2011 when Manly won the premiership, Clive Churchill Player of the match in the lost grand final 2014 and had already represented Australia 11 times. He wanted to be paid his worth, like any footballer would. And easy to forget that Foran signed a 4 year deal with Parramatta worth reportedly $4.8 million, which Manly couldn't compete with but got within range. That's why they thought they had him.

Sadly IMO DCE is playing in a side with no structure. That is evident when he runs on one side of the ruck and doubles back. We have enough go forward we just lack well drilled sets. DCE is either poorly coached or not listening to his coach IMO.

I think you'll find that Manly withdrew the offer, which I understand was around $750,000 yearly, without giving DCE notice, while he was considering the offer and other offers made, because they realised they could not hope to hold both Foran and DCE together, given their limitations with the salary cap. They had to bid higher for Foran because of the Parra offer and thought he would stay. They offered Foran more and tried hard to keep him but he decided on the Parramatta offer after DCE had already signed with the Titans. Manly hedged their bets and decided Foran was a better long term proposal than DCE. How wrong they were for several reasons now obvious.

Watmough should have had a go at his traitor mate Foran. History tells us Foran, never had any intention of signing with Man,y. He was part of the destructive Watmough driven fuk Manly at all costs.
DCE would have signed for the 750k, except Manly officials took Foran at his word - the lying sack of schit.

I'll stick my neck out (pardon the pun ) and back Dce all the way . Im wrapped that he is at manly and wish people would stop blaming the poor bastard for everything bad we do . He's trying hard , not everything is working but he's trying .
I am with you and all the other TRUE BELIEVERS on this forum
DCE is a proven performer that is playing in a badly coached team .
DCE is all class
DCE has represented at all levels and won premierships
DCE is 007
be65a9b1ab4dcb785e8bb530333dba90.jpg

He did but I wish he had of gone a little bit harder and succinctly had a go at Twatmough. It’s one of the things the media say about him that’s hes too much like a politician I would of like to see him show a bit of passion towards that irrelevant tool
So you suggest he take the moronic bogan method?By staying out of it and saying nothing,he said a lot more

So you are only a true believer if you don't question the form of our captain and most highly paid player?

I'm a supporter of his and manly but the facts as they stand at the moment are as follows.

He is not playing well
His short kicking game had evaporated and is now ineffectual.
He rarely finds space on his long kicks.
He is not playing direct at all and opening up gaps on the outside
He has little in the way of combinations going either inside or outside him
He is missing more tackles than ever
He is not demanding the ball in attacking opportunities
His running game consists of sideways play, cramping the backs and not even making ground. He doesn't break the line or evade tackles.
He doesn't seem to be inspiring his team

This is not all down to all him. But the above is his current form and I'm sure if you asked him and he was honest with himself, he would agree with the above.

We can support him despite all this, doesn't mean we can't question him too.

So you are only a true believer if you don't question the form of our captain and most highly paid player?

I'm a supporter of his and manly but the facts as they stand at the moment are as follows.

He is not playing well
His running game consists of sideways play, cramping the backs and not even making ground. He doesn't break the line or evade tackles.

This is not all down to all him. But the above is his current form and I'm sure if you asked him and he was honest with himself, he would agree with the above.

Yer mate thats right his form is down and he is our chief playmaker , but he trying as i said . Even when Manly win people will still say " Gee mate Evans kicked out on the full once and thru a forward pass "so to me it doesn't matter what he does he'll cop it ,lose and the knives are out . Dce has got massive ability and you dont lose that it just doesn't happen that way and he'll bounce out of it . As much as a confident guy he is he'd still see whats said about him through the media or whatever and that would have an impact on him he's only human . If he was my son id be worried about all that he has to deal with good or bad .

I agree with that.

I just don't think he is beyond reproach.

I would never attack any player personally, but from a purely footballing standpoint I feel my post is justified.

I hate the personal attacks he gets, but I'm afraid it comes with being captain on a massive contract in a struggling side, it's unfortunate, But then the breaks. you can bet his manager didn't tell him that when he was busy calculating his commission

I agree with that.

I just don't think he is beyond reproach.

I would never attack any player personally, but from a purely footballing standpoint I feel my post is justified.

I hate the personal attacks he gets, but I'm afraid it comes with being captain on a massive contract in a struggling side, it's unfortunate, But then the breaks. you can bet his manager didn't tell him that when he was busy calculating his commission
Probably right mate .

lus going off history even if DCE signed the deal he would of reneged and signed with the Titans who offered way more, so the end result is the same in relation to the amount DCE would of signed for.
The cooling off period back then only applied to contracts with a new club, not with your current club. However feel free to revise history as that neatly backs up your analysis of DCE!

He is not playing well

And he forgot to brush his teeth as well.

Our forwards have time and time again laid a platform for him.... He's got to start showing up and leading by example in order to make this season respectable.

While I do agree that our forwards make good metre's most weeks, a lot of the time that is negated because we have just about the slowest play the balls in the NRL. Last night at one point in the second half, James Graham got tackled and put on his back. He bounced straight back up and (legally) played the ball in quick time allowing them to immediately spread the ball left and make a break. Now that is after he had already made a number of hit ups and tackles. Our boys get tackled and they get up like they're crawling out of bed after a hard night out, then they put the ball on the ground and play it (suddenly everyone is copying Jorge Taufua's play the balls). While playing it like that is technically correct in order to avoid being penalised, its also painfully slow and does nothing but allow the markers and the defence time to set and go.

Making metres and giving players like DCE the room they need is one thing. But it means nothing if the play the ball is so slow you could set your sundial to it. You want quick play the balls to keep the defence on the back foot, and that is where DCE is at his most dangerous, running best - against a retreating defence. But when the defence is able to get set and move up in a straight line because we take forever and a day, its leaving him with nowhere to go.

Dce tries ,sometimes.He is not worthy of the "C" though.The "C" holds him down ,doesn't have the mental fortitude for it.
Will be disappointed if he wears it next year,He sure as hell doesn't deserve it.
We need a captain who doesn't give up and can carry a team..

Fair call. Each to their own.

Personally I'm not willing to blame DCEs form on forwards play the balls speed. The complete opposite for me actually. I think DCEs inability to do the basics is causing the whole team to drop their heads.

Play the ball speed is all about momentum. DCE, in my opinion, has basically been incapable of building momentum and more importantly, turning the momentum when the opposition are on top.

Imagine watching your captain repetitively being caught on the last or crabbing sideways cause hes run himself out of options. Kicking to the sidelines when were behind by a mile or running sideline to sidline like a chook with its head cut off.
I'd be less than excited about playing the ball as fast as possible too. No momentum...

I've seen DCE given more chances than most other halves this year but when he's needed to do his job, he's failed. I'm not willing to make excuses for the marquee $1.35m captain. He should be able to lead our team out of adversity regardless of whether the opposition is playing the ball 300ths of a second faster than us.

That's what the good halves do. That's what the quality halves do.
In 2018, this isn't DCE .

Trouble with all this talk about DCE's performance this year, which I agree is down, but he still does more work on the field than the vast majority, is that who is there to replace him...no one. The fact that Cust wasn't brought into the 30 meant we have no other half. Anyone else we have would be a disaster.

Fair call. Each to their own.

Personally I'm not willing to blame DCEs form on forwards play the balls speed. The complete opposite for me actually. I think DCEs inability to do the basics is causing the whole team to drop their heads.

Play the ball speed is all about momentum. DCE, in my opinion, has basically been incapable of building momentum and more importantly, turning the momentum when the opposition are on top.

Imagine watching your captain repetitively being caught on the last or crabbing sideways cause hes run himself out of options. Kicking to the sidelines when were behind by a mile or running sideline to sidline like a chook with its head cut off.
I'd be less than excited about playing the ball as fast as possible too. No momentum...

I've seen DCE given more chances than most other halves this year but when he's needed to do his job, he's failed. I'm not willing to make excuses for the marquee $1.35m captain. He should be able to lead our team out of adversity regardless of whether the opposition is playing the ball 300ths of a second faster than us.

That's what the good halves do. That's what the quality halves do.
In 2018, this isn't DCE .

Mate, I won't disagree with that either. It shows that there are quite a few things going wrong as to why his form has dropped.

Unfortunately, DCE is one of those players who when he's good, he's very good, but when he's bad he is very bad. There isn't a lot of middle ground with him.

The big thing I have seen with DCE is the lack of evolution in his kicking game. Just about every other half in the NRL has developed the ability to kick a high, floating type bomb that puts the opposition back 3 under a lot of pressure. Even halves who aren't supposed to be at his level are doing that, but he isn't. His bombs are the old point over point style kick which is relatively easy to catch. They just don't put the opposition under pressure.

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8
9 4 5 -19 8