The Book of Albert

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
absolute joke. How is playing Hoppa not better than Elliott or Garrick. Garrick is awful at full back. Decent on the wing when he doesnt have to make decisions.
Yeah I give up with des no idea what he is thinking !!!! His tried Garrick multiple times and failed Metcalf would be a ball player something we need

Hoppa should get out of the warriors loan now, make a statement! Dummy spit!!!

but seriously he would never have been picked over the others, and can’t have had much training with them.

I don’t buy this our salary cap is ****ed forever stuff.
Elliot and Thommo are going just for a start.That’s 750 k right there .

Any way we agre to disagree.
I think you will find Thommo is only on 400k for this and next year, so his and Elliot's money is 550k, not 750k, enough for Hoppa and Schuster's impending upgrade and Cust's new deal.

I'm glad you are not my accountant buddy. @:D

I think you will find Thommo is only on 400k for this and next year, so his and Elliot's money is 550k, not 750k, enough for Hoppa and Schuster's impending upgrade and Cust's new deal.

I'm glad you are not my accountant buddy. @:D
Yep. Stick with what we are doing. That’ll work.DCE and Turbota are not taking a pay cut on their long term deals. It’s not happening.NEVER.Even though you are dead right re their combined salaries it’s not changing ! They are going nowhere.

So let’s just stick with paying plodders 250 k instead of taking a punt on unearthing potential stars.Give me a failed child star everyday
over a JetSki or Croker Garrick and the like.who are guaranteed to tie you to the middle of the table.

Do that and you end up with a team that looks like ..umm .. our team.And plays like the Dogs. Not exactly something I’m looking forward to.

Last edited:
Yep. Stick with what we are doing. That’ll work.DCE and Turbota are not taking a pay cut on their long term deals. It’s not happening.NEVER.

So let’s stick with paying plodders 250 k instead of taking a punt on unearthing potential stars. Do that and you end up with a team that looks like ..umm .. our team.
I don't disagree with most of what you say mate, i'm just wary how we spend what money we have...as our bean-counters SHOULD have been doing.

I don't disagree with most of what you say mate, i'm just wary how we spend what money we have...as our bean-counters SHOULD have been doing.
Absolutely agree. Top heavy long term contracts. I’m a DCE fan ( although he is testing me now) but that contract was ridiculous. Not only the money but the comfort factor it gives the player. DCE tries his guts out but does being guaranteed 1.3 mill a year push a player to IMPROVE his weaknesses. In DCEs case obviously not.
And with Jake he’s barely a 500 k forward the way he’s used now. I think you’ll see him back to his best if we get a full team on the field in 2021 and he can concentrate on whst he does best.

We are only a couple of players and a slightly different approach away from being a contender.

Last edited:
Absolutely agree. Top heavy long term contracts. I’m a DCE fan ( although he is testing me now) but that contract was ridiculous. Not only the money but the comfort factor it gives the player. DCE tries his guts out but does being guaranteed 1.3 mill a year push a player to improve his weaknesses. In DCE case obviously not.
And with Jake he’s barely a 500 k forward the way he’s used now. I think you’ll see him back to his best if we get a full team on the field in 2021 and he can concentrate on whst he does best.
Yep, we are hamstrung, excuse the pun, until DCE's contract is over. (Jake and Tom's money will always be a hindrance too) Only then can we have a balanced squad capable of giving the premiership a shake...but it needs to start now with Hoppa and Schuster. I think Des totally understands this an is working towards a golden period.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10