The Book of Albert

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Some will disagree definitely but one of my main issues with offering Albert a decent sized contract is that we're all complaining that Tom, and to an extent Dylan, spend too much time on the sideline currently

If you consider their two injuries compared to Albert's, they're only minor. Albert is 18, his body hasn't fully grown yet and has already had two season ending ACL injuries. The likeliness of him having another one is most likely going to be higher than a player aged 25+ and the body is completely use to itself.

Let's say we re-sign Hoppa on $400K+ a year, and lets be honest, he'll be playing most of his contract on the wing and he goes down again. His seasons over.

We've then overspent on a winger and the fans who would've complained if we didn't re-sign him will then jump on the 'we paid too much for him bandwagon.'

Anything more than $300K a year is definitely a huge risk that I don't think we can't afford to take.

What am I missing here? Everyone is saying Albert is the next best thing - complaining that he is on loan to the warriors....but I cannot see him selected in their team this weekend. Is he injured again or do the warriors feel he is not good enough?

pls explain.

Screenshot_2020-08-19-13-25-19-48.png

Warriors web site has him in Manly colours. No Photoshop.

What am I missing here? Everyone is saying Albert is the next best thing - complaining that he is on loan to the warriors....but I cannot see him selected in their team this weekend. Is he injured again or do the warriors feel he is not good enough?

pls explain.

At a guess they are travelling okay so have him for depth if one of their other players goes down / he is pretty new to them so it is a big ask to come straight in and make your debut for a team where you might not even know the other players (as a kid)

I think you will find Thommo is only on 400k for this and next year, so his and Elliot's money is 550k, not 750k, enough for Hoppa and Schuster's impending upgrade and Cust's new deal.

I'm glad you are not my accountant buddy. @:D

My accountant wants me to remind you that we would still have to replace Thommo and Elliott with 2 other players as well .... so that the amount to bump up other players is even less ...

My accountant wants me to remind you that we would still have to replace Thommo and Elliott with 2 other players as well .... so that the amount to bump up other players is even less ...
Thommo and Elliott are replaced by 3 players mate...Hoppa, Schuster and Cust. You didn't read that bit?

Just like allocating too much of the cap to a single player can cause issues, allocating too much of your cap to 'potential' can also work out badly. Schuster is, quite rightly, getting 'potential' dollars and there might be one or two others in the same boat. However, you have to draw the line somewhere if you are looking for success today as well as in 2-4 years time.

At a guess they are travelling okay so have him for depth if one of their other players goes down / he is pretty new to them so it is a big ask to come straight in and make your debut for a team where you might not even know the other players (as a kid)
But he’s not even in the reserve for the reserves.......I don’t understand why he is on loan if they don’t play him..... he was getting the same amount of game time at Manly...

just sayin

Thommo and Elliott are replaced by 3 players mate...Hoppa, Schuster and Cust. You didn't read that bit?

All 5 of those players are in the top 30 now... so simply taking the money left by the departing Elliot and Thompson, and giving it to the other 3 as an upgrade... will still leave is with 2 players to sign to come up with a 30-man squad.

Anyway I just hope we have enough good performers on minimal coin because if this year us anything to go by, we will need them.

But he’s not even in the reserve for the reserves.......I don’t understand why he is on loan if they don’t play him..... he was getting the same amount of game time at Manly...

just sayin
The coach would be hard pressed dropping contracted players who have sacrificed a lot and are going well straight away He’s only been there three or four days!

There is not a chance in hell a bloke like OSullivan will not have a look at him over the next month.Hell get game time for sure.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8