The Book of Albert

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
True SJ.

After using my surveillance team to track the bloke I can say he has the potential to know what he's talking about. Certainly thinks he knows (and he may well) ... that is, not making it up for lols. The "client" he speaks of is legit and might not be thanking AndWeDontCare for the leak, but I couldn't get as far as to uncover the depth of their relationship....

I'd say we know more in the coming weeks.

I think I've got a sense who it is, and if so I've actually spoken with that person, many moons ago and he is very close to the operations. I have a sense the person knows what he's talking about. If so I can say for sure Manly want to keep Hopa, but they arent going to break the bank. Probably a decent TPA might help.

I have never seen Albert play however I respect those opinions that rate him as a 'potential' superstar. What I do know is that we do need some changes in the backline heading into next year and this is certainly driving my anxiety that he may leave.

Re Albert, and as far as I know, he has only played 2/3 games in the past year and I assume he would have been on reasonable money. Therefore the return for Manly has been pretty much nonexistent. If the quoted numbers of $250K are right, that seems reasonable and you would hope that there is some goodwill between Albert and Manly. Potentially he is worth a lot more but who knows what the overall deal is being offered.

With respect to big money signings I cant see it happening unless we unload 2-3 players. At the moment signing AJohnston is a pipe dream as I imagine he will attract offers of $450K plus and we have no cap space - hence why I think we signed Harper. Who knows, Harper may have been unhappy at the Dogs and approaced Des and is on a resonable low salary.

Finally is it possible that part of the reason we have only offered Albert $250K (if that is right) is because we have resigned Koula for 3 years. From all reports he is an outstanding prospect, 1 year younger than Albert and no injury history. Just my thoughts.

I have never seen Albert play however I respect those opinions that rate him as a 'potential' superstar. What I do know is that we do need some changes in the backline heading into next year and this is certainly driving my anxiety that he may leave.

Re Albert, and as far as I know, he has only played 2/3 games in the past year and I assume he would have been on reasonable money. Therefore the return for Manly has been pretty much nonexistent. If the quoted numbers of $250K are right, that seems reasonable and you would hope that there is some goodwill between Albert and Manly. Potentially he is worth a lot more but who knows what the overall deal is being offered.

With respect to big money signings I cant see it happening unless we unload 2-3 players. At the moment signing AJohnston is a pipe dream as I imagine he will attract offers of $450K plus and we have no cap space - hence why I think we signed Harper. Who knows, Harper may have been unhappy at the Dogs and approaced Des and is on a resonable low salary.

Finally is it possible that part of the reason we have only offered Albert $250K (if that is right) is because we have resigned Koula for 3 years. From all reports he is an outstanding prospect, 1 year younger than Albert and no injury history. Just my thoughts.

Agree with near all of this but no way do I see Johnston getting 450k. A winger who has peaked, who is flexible but only a fill in fullback. He has not been a starter at Souths of late and I think whilst there is a market for him and I think he would be a good option, I think 300-350k is what he will collect

It'll be another Hopoate show me the money episode if he's old man has anything to do with it all. The way our backline is, we desperately need speed, power , skill out there and he's shown it in the juniors. How much is he worth, well not much at this stage BUT how much did the Knights fork out for Pongia on the basis of expected return.

It'll be another Hopoate show me the money episode if he's old man has anything to do with it all. The way our backline is, we desperately need speed, power , skill out there and he's shown it in the juniors. How much is he worth, well not much at this stage BUT how much did the Knights fork out for Pongia on the basis of expected return.

Ponga had also played a few NRL games, including 2 finals matches, where as Hoppa has had two ACL injuries and hasn't even reached the U20s or NSW Cup stage.

And we can't discount the possibility that young Hoppa has a shocker .... and everybody starts singing from Dessie's psalm book again ...

Strange year when the most exciting thing that most Silvertails are looing forward to is one of our junior guns debuts for another team ....

Edit ... that should be" looking forward to" ... the only person I know who maybe into looing is @globaleagle

Agree with near all of this but no way do I see Johnston getting 450k. A winger who has peaked, who is flexible but only a fill in fullback. He has not been a starter at Souths of late and I think whilst there is a market for him and I think he would be a good option, I think 300-350k is what he will collect
I reckon the Dogs would easily pay $450k for him, maybe more

Strange year when the most exciting thing that most Silvertails are looing forward to is one of our junior guns debuts for another team ....

Edit ... that should be" looking forward to" ... the only person I know who maybe into looing is @globaleagle

As long as it's forward!

It means they have 1-2M more in TPA's and "other" moneys on top of the cap than we do. Duh.

Via NRL.com

Now I'd consider the below very dubious but I highly doubt any club has 2 million more in TPA's than us

1597729921696.png

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11