Suli out for ??

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
It sounds like this is Des' way of getting the message across that only good performance will get you a spot in first grade at Manly.

And high time too after we had way too many passengers over the past three years who kept on being selected despite being out of form or just not up to it.

I'm not saying that Des is making Suli out to be the poster child as a message to the playing group. But that he has told the players that performance standards are in place based on such things their skill, experience and fitness level and that they will have to meet those standards set for them or they will be [risk being] dropped. It sounds like Suli just happens to be the first to cop punishment for not coming up to scratch.

I do find it puzzling though that Suli hasn't been named for Blacktown this week, even on the bench. I'd have thought that to keep up his fitness that he would have at least been playing NSW Cup this week. Bit hard to keep up performance standards if you're sitting in the grandstand watching the game. Though I have read somewhere this morning that he might have a calf injury and was in doubt for this weekend anyway.

It sounds like this is Des' way of getting the message across that only good performance will get you a spot in first grade at Manly.

And high time too after we had way too many passengers over the past three years who kept on being selected despite being out of form or just not up to it.

I'm not saying that Des is making Suli out to be the poster child as a message to the playing group. But that he has told the players that performance standards are in place based on such things their skill, experience and fitness level and that they will have to meet those standards set for them or they will be [risk being] dropped. It sounds like Suli just happens to be the first to cop punishment for not coming up to scratch.

I do find it puzzling though that Suli hasn't been named for Blacktown this week, even on the bench. I'd have thought that to keep up his fitness that he would have at least been playing NSW Cup this week. Bit hard to keep up performance standards if you're sitting in the grandstand watching the game. Though I have read somewhere this morning that he might have a calf injury and was in doubt for this weekend anyway.

Des at his best
Moses is sore and very much in doubt
Maybe just maybe the discipline was for how he managed his injury

Not ability
Not form
Just a lesson for the individual and team that they are all in it together and put in the media as only Des could

Moses is backed by the team and has support me thinks

This time last week , Jorge was washed up and finished

Stick close
# stronger together

Me too, as a minimum.

I'd prefer Elliot at FB or on the wing where has proven solid under the ball and see Garrick in the centres, ideally with TT.
Unfortunately Parker's best use is at centre and he scares me being on the wing, so that leaves:

Elliot
Garrick
Parker
TT
Horhay
for me.
I thought Elliot was terrible at fullback. There was a massive difference with Tom playing up through the middle and being able to roam in the fullback spot. Elliot made multiple errors, bombs tries and made hardly any metres which doesn’t cut it for a fullback these days.

I thought Elliot was terrible at fullback. There was a massive difference with Tom playing up through the middle and being able to roam in the fullback spot. Elliot made multiple errors, bombs tries and made hardly any metres which doesn’t cut it for a fullback these days.
Elliott wasn't great but you gotta remember that those were the absolute worst conditions to get as a back. Don't think Tom would've played the way he did on a wet track.

Never heard so much indignant outrage over a bloke who likes a few chicken nuggets ..... are some of you seriously calling for him to be sacked ....good grief ... thank goodness he didn't get pissed and speed down the highway ...

We need to stop taking ourselves too seriously and get a grip back on reality ...
Reality is over rated. Alternative reality is more fun.

Great move by Des
The Media is confused!, they are consulting with all their insiders, looking for info on an integrity issue, was it a Video? was it a drunken incident? was it exposure after celebrating a win?
No!
It was just Des punishing a player for not towing the line, for throwing a forward pass to Garrick which could have been a try, for rushing out of the line creating a gaping hole in our defence, for not attempting to catch the ball on the full and letting it bounce, for missing tackles.
Good old fashioned dropping a player on the basis of performance.
Love it.
Hope Moses takes in on board, learns, excels and comes back strong. He is only young.
Des is the coach!

Have to agree. How many teams that rack up 40 in a big win relegate someone for next game? Not many!
This is all about Des Hasler (not quite ready to just call him 'Dessie' yet) laying down expectations for the entire squad that will last all season long.
Makeshift 3/4 line or not, I can't wait till the weekend, we are absolutely going to give it to the Bunnies.
They still may win but they will wear the bruises for it (and they may even decide to wait and get a win against someone easier).

E95A437D-29B9-45B6-8095-17392D085966.jpeg

Asleep in the car park.

Wake up Moses, trainings about to start
Wake up Moses, Dessie’s on his way
Wake up Moses this is your last chance to play.....

....the kids did their best.@:)

https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/04/03/ask-des--sea-eagles-refuse-to-comment-on-suli/

Love Api's response and good to see DCE reach out to him. We might find out from Des on Friday on why Moses was dropped.

Seriously those journos are just pathetic. I thought DCE handled himself extremely well in that situation.

Agreed.

Watching those desperate vultures acting like baby birds waiting for mama to regurgitate some food down their throats has done nothing to change my disdain for them.
Disrespectful, agenda driven, moronic cowards. A disgrace to the profession. (That's my usual stance, when I'm in a good mood).

It's not JUST training attitude (that's one element) and people won't be told the actual reason(s), but it is an ongoing problem that he just refuses to abide by.

As I said, such a shame. Had the world at his feet. God gifted him ability and speed, and he's literally throwing it away.

I made comment about this quite a fair bit through the off season, but everyone suggested I was wrong, negative and beating a dead horse because he was losing a few kilos.

That was simply part of the issue as I said.

I actually feel bad for the kid, because I think it all stemmed from the passing of his Dad.

Hope he makes.it back.

DCE implication in an interview that Suli will be back "in a couple of weeks" infers a time-frame to Suli's absence. Maybe injury or a target of some kind.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10