Suli out for ??

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
We need to find/buy an athlete like Bronson Xerri. This guy can run like the wind and pass.
As Bozo says, speed rules l.

Suli is none of these and will be punted by year end.

We have not one but three players on our books that can run like the wind and fly like Sea eagles . Turbo , Walker and Garrick .

Jorge is a powerful runner and is a great finisher

Suli at 20 years of age is still growing as a player and as a person . He is still maturing and blossoming . In the end it is really up to his own effort on how far he will grow .,

Parker is not a player with great speed or fancy footwork . He has improved from the turn style 2018 back line that opened up and surrendered
Parker tries hard with his limited classic back attributes and we have to give him credit for holding his own and being part of our resilient team
We have players stepping up from our lower grades and players from other clubs looking for opportunities
Life is full of opportunities and Parker has taken his for the time being .

I had high hopes for him, but unless he changes things he'll be gone .
He and walker never seem to learn from their mistakes. If I had their ability I sure as hell wouldn’t be wasting that talent! All he has to do is follow a nutrition plan. How hard can that be?

He and walker never seem to learn from their mistakes. If I had their ability I sure as hell wouldn’t be wasting that talent! All he has to do is follow a nutrition plan. How hard can that be?
sounds like he has a food addiction (as he indicated in the interview), any addiction requires a strong commitment and good support helps ... seems simple to a non addict ... I hope he makes it ... and soon!

sounds like he has a food addiction (as he indicated in the interview), any addiction requires a strong commitment and good support helps ... seems simple to a non addict ... I hope he makes it ... and soon!

Yes , Very hard

I had a mate of mine with food addiction

I tried to help him

He told me that he found it hard not to have snacks

I said to him..... mate for every challenge there is a way out . If you find it hard to stop your self from having snacks next time you do your shopping dont add them in your shopping basket and take them home . If you dont have snacks at home you wont consume them .

It is like taking a woman home at night and putting her in your bed naked .
I tried to tell him not to make his cravings more difficult by placing him self in vulnerable situations

Sadly in the end he stopped communication with me because he did not want to be challeged and was lost in his comfort zone

He is now a diabetic , he has sleep apnea and a heart condition .

We all have some form of challenges in our lives . They are not easy and that is why they are called challenges .

There is always a way out if we never give up trying

Compare him to something more professional... Tennis, swimming, hockey, gymnastics.. The women in those sports would do everything to gain an advantage.. Suli will never be an elite player if he can't keep the weight off like the women with discipline who can..

You are so right .

Any athlete that carries weight hold them selves back from performing to at their best

It affects energy expenditure

It affects mobility

It affects speed

Any athlete that plays overweight does them selves a disservice .

Serena Williams has seemed to have a better career than someone like Anna Kournikova with a less athletic body shape

The guy has ability no doubt, but if he doesn’t get dead serious about his opportunity and flush the bad influences in his life, he will end up in park footy very quickly.
It’s all on Moses, and if Dessie can’t make it happen then nobody can.
Hopefully his trajectory is on the up from now on
When he was killing it at the Tigers he looked 105. He needs to get as 'skinny' as his genetics will allow to let him reach his potential. It's only weight and fitness issues that will stop him from being a very good 1st grader imo

Suli has been copping plenty about his weight for ages now, and we are also hearing all about how we need equality etc, but imagine the outrage later in the season if a coach dropped a player in the women’s comp for not being the correct weight

Agree 100%!

Remember the last player who copped a bit about his weight?

He whined about "fat-shaming" to the media & recently retired.

At least Suli acknowledges he has a problem & says he will work on it instead of playing the victim like the aforementioned whinger.

Serena is a monster athlete and Kournikova was fit
Serena has 23 grand slams and Kournikova never even played in a grand slam final.
Not even worth comparing

Agreed, just pointing out really that athletes don’t have to fit into a cookie cutter mould to be successful, is one of my absolute hates about modern day sport

Getting back to league, at the Dogs carrying some timber, Kasiano was an impact player that did some damage and took some stopping each time he carried the ball. They stripped him back to what all the current manuals said he needed to look like at them storm, and he had zero impact. George Rose played good footy for us at 125kg, he probably wouldn’t have offered much at 105

If we look at centres, one of the most unathletic looking centres of recent times is also one of the absolute best of recent times, Jamie Lyon. People always said he was overweight and unfit but look what he did week in week out. Brad Parker is in the mould of what killer ‘should’ have looked like but the difference is huge

Agreed, just pointing out really that athletes don’t have to fit into a cookie cutter mould to be successful, is one of my absolute hates about modern day sport

Getting back to league, at the Dogs carrying some timber, Kasiano was an impact player that did some damage and took some stopping each time he carried the ball. They stripped him back to what all the current manuals said he needed to look like at them storm, and he had zero impact. George Rose played good footy for us at 125kg, he probably wouldn’t have offered much at 105

If we look at centres, one of the most unathletic looking centres of recent times is also one of the absolute best of recent times, Jamie Lyon. People always said he was overweight and unfit but look what he did week in week out. Brad Parker is in the mould of what killer ‘should’ have looked like but the difference is huge

From being a student of health and fitness for most of my life I have learned that competing over weight does anything but enhances an athletes performance .
Competing with access body fat impacts on your energy levels your mobiltiy and speed

People say a lot of things but Jamie Lyon was never unfit or overweight at the peak of his career .

George Rose lost mobility, speed and stamina when he could not control his weight and eventually lost his NRL spot

Kasiano did damage for 10 minutes barging over with his mass body weight but after that he would run out of puff and be a liability in defence .

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4