Suli has to go!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Just be pleased if Suli can have a better run with injuries for his remaining contract time , compared with parts of last season and early this season and doubt that the club would look at trying to release him , even if Walker is re signed . A couple of unhappy moments for Suli against the Raiders but still a few positives for him and Saab probably had his least effective career game for Manly and notice very little criticism of him . Would rather be encouraging Suli to be at his best while he still in Manly colors and while admittedly has not given that good value for his contract level , sure that he can still be an asset .

Just be pleased if Suli can have a better run with injuries for his remaining contract time , compared with parts of last season and early this season and doubt that the club would look at trying to release him , even if Walker is re signed . A couple of unhappy moments for Suli against the Raiders but still a few positives for him and Saab probably had his least effective career game for Manly and notice very little criticism of him . Would rather be encouraging Suli to be at his best while he still in Manly colors and while admittedly has not given that good value for his contract level , sure that he can still be an asset .

What position on the field do we encourage him to be at his best from? He is clearly no longer suited to be a starting winger or centre, with the rule changes this year. Our centre/wing combinations should be set in stone (barring injuries) for the rest of the year. Saab/Harper and Garrick/Parker work really well together (especially defensively). So potentially Suli could cover wing/centre from the bench? Thats not enough to get him in the seventeen, when we are injury free and our bench may include both Lawton and Walker. Can we include him in our forward bench rotation? Possibly yes but only when we have key forwards out. Plus you could only really put him on when we have all the momentum, and we are wanting a crash through play at the line, or a similar line to the one that Foran created for him against the Raiders. He is almost unstoppable in those situations. Conversely, he is both a defensive liability in the middle, and on the edges when the opposing team has momentum going. Could he be made into a prop? I don't think he has the motor or the inner strength to take those hits in the middle, where he is going to get smashed by three or four forwards. Let's not even talk about offloads in the middle, as he doesn't have that in his game at the moment either. None of the above is hate, it's just me interpreting the positives and the negatives in the way that Suli plays, and best he could be used for us. I hope he finds his place, but right now I cannot see what that will be, except in Blacktown.

It feels to me that Suli is a big part of the Fainu, and Guac families connection and is being given every chance to be a part of the team so as to keep the harmony.
makes sense and i don't mind it.

I would just like him to pull his finger out as many of us on here do.

He makes a big run then the next play misses a tackle or falcons a ball haha

I don't think i've seen a proper 8-9/10 performance from Suli since the Souths finals game in 2019. Is it a coincidence he inked his 500k/year contract not long after that game? Probably not...

I suspect that it is very much the mental side of the game that Suli struggles with at times. Physically he has got it all, although I always thought it possible he wouldn't have a long NRL career just because of his bulky size. A Choppy Close type, capable of devastating running on his day but other times not so much.
But does he have a strong appetite for the game?
Until he joined Manly there were strong signs he did not.
Then seemed to turn that around,and he has certainly worked impressively on his physical fitness. If he is capable of developing a ruthless competitive streak he will quickly become a weapon. Maybe he's just too nice a guy??!!

Suli reminds me of a player who is a bit like Tony Williams, he can be hot for a few games and then goes missing.

The line Suli ran for his try against the Raiders was fabulous.

His Falcon’ however just demonstrated a lack of maturity as a player and knowing what he should be doing. I don’t blame him totally for that as I just hate it when fullbacks fail to try and take a ball on the full. Garrick should have called ‘my ball’ and Suli would have stopped or at least Garrick should have contested it in the air.

I’m at a loss with Suli however I did see in his expression after the Kriss try just how disappointed he was.

I am undecided as I think he has heaps of talent and Des and his team just need to hone it.

It either happens or he’s on his bike.

What position on the field do we encourage him to be at his best from? He is clearly no longer suited to be a starting winger or centre, with the rule changes this year. Our centre/wing combinations should be set in stone (barring injuries) for the rest of the year. Saab/Harper and Garrick/Parker work really well together (especially defensively). So potentially Suli could cover wing/centre from the bench? Thats not enough to get him in the seventeen, when we are injury free and our bench may include both Lawton and Walker. Can we include him in our forward bench rotation? Possibly yes but only when we have key forwards out. Plus you could only really put him on when we have all the momentum, and we are wanting a crash through play at the line, or a similar line to the one that Foran created for him against the Raiders. He is almost unstoppable in those situations. Conversely, he is both a defensive liability in the middle, and on the edges when the opposing team has momentum going. Could he be made into a prop? I don't think he has the motor or the inner strength to take those hits in the middle, where he is going to get smashed by three or four forwards. Let's not even talk about offloads in the middle, as he doesn't have that in his game at the moment either. None of the above is hate, it's just me interpreting the positives and the negatives in the way that Suli plays, and best he could be used for us. I hope he finds his place, but right now I cannot see what that will be, except in Blacktown.
Just trying to work on the premise that he will still be in the Manly system next season and for the rest of this season , if he can avoid more injury issues to be available the majority of the time . Mentioned previously that if all current squad members are available , most likely bench options would be Walker , Lawton and 2 prop options [ although Aloiai and Keppie can play 2 nd row if required and that is not taking into account a possible Fainu return soon ] Do i think that Suli can still make a presence as a starting centre , reckon that he can , the whole edge on his side was sus previously , including when Siro was there and any other make shift back rower there, really don " think that he was wholly responsible for the defensive defects there previously . Needs the opportunities and right positioning but his power running really can not be still doubted Granted Harper and Parker are i st choice centres now but just as Walker can still play a future [ well maybe ] role there , can "t see why Suli can "t either . Just see him presently as a back up centre to Harper and Parker , with the ability to play as an edge back rower and to be still a capable and hard to stop centre if the occasion warrants but definitely not prop material

Just trying to work on the premise that he will still be in the Manly system next season and for the rest of this season , if he can avoid more injury issues to be available the majority of the time . Mentioned previously that if all current squad members are available , most likely bench options would be Walker , Lawton and 2 prop options [ although Aloiai and Keppie can play 2 nd row if required and that is not taking into account a possible Fainu return soon ] Do i think that Suli can still make a presence as a starting centre , reckon that he can , the whole edge on his side was sus previously , including when Siro was there and any other make shift back rower there, really don " think that he was wholly responsible for the defensive defects there previously . Needs the opportunities and right positioning but his power running really can not be still doubted Granted Harper and Parker are i st choice centres now but just as Walker can still play a future [ well maybe ] role there , can "t see why Suli can "t either . Just see him presently as a back up centre to Harper and Parker , with the ability to play as an edge back rower and to be still a capable and hard to stop centre if the occasion warrants but definitely not prop material
Hey Manly al . I hope your keeping safe and well

As for team positions....

Each player is as only as good as his last good performance as we have eager eagles players waiting in the wings for their opportunity

Few players in our team like Tom Turbo own their positions . The rest are on lease and there is no room for complacency other wise we will have more loses like the one against the bottom of the table raiders

Last weeks loss was very disappointing

It seems Tippytoes has dropped out of favour. Either that or he is not in a bubble. Who would know. It seems knowing who is in our bubble is a secret.

I think everyone should hold judgement until after tonight.

Hopefully Des plays him for 80 in the one position rather than having him & parker chop and change.
Sorry MF, when he plays we suck. he is a defensive liability. That has nothing to do with position, it is technique, awareness and being able to read the play and putting your body on the line.

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11
10 4 6 15 10