Suli has to go!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
The Suli Falcon pretty much summed up our performance on the night. It was collectively inept, but much of that goes to Garrick for not attacking the ball in the air. He's not a fullback. Suli's head was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. But this phrase pretty much sums up Suli's play as an outside back. He is not in any way suited to playing in either of those positions under the new rules. He is no longer an outside back. That time is gone. Unfortunately he doesn't have the drive/heart/motor to be a prop, and he doesn't seem to have many of the key attributes of a backrower either. i.e fitness, lateral movement, defence etc. He can run a great line though. Overall he comes across as a very lazy player, who cannot play big minutes with intensity. I really don't know what we do with him, but it's not ideal to have 550 K in Blacktown either. Suli is definitely a conundrum.
Yep, completely agree, Suli is a conundrum. I just wanted to challenge the attack on him for that particular play. There was a player far more at fault than Suli. That said, he has been disappointing and I have no idea what we should do with him.

The Suli Falcon pretty much summed up our performance on the night. It was collectively inept, but much of that goes to Garrick for not attacking the ball in the air. He's not a fullback. Suli's head was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. But this phrase pretty much sums up Suli's play as an outside back. He is not in any way suited to playing in either of those positions under the new rules. He is no longer an outside back. That time is gone. Unfortunately he doesn't have the drive/heart/motor to be a prop, and he doesn't seem to have many of the key attributes of a backrower either. i.e fitness, lateral movement, defence etc. He can run a great line though. Overall he comes across as a very lazy player, who cannot play big minutes with intensity. I really don't know what we do with him, but it's not ideal to have 550 K in Blacktown either. Suli is definitely a conundrum.
I would put 100% blame on Garrick for all 4 kicks he let bounce. He has played enough NRL and fullback to catch a kick which is an absolute basic of the game you are taught at U 13s

The ball bouncing including the 1 off Suli's head is directly the fullbacks responsibility.
I will add at any level past U10's, any players backing to help a fullback as a support/block/cleaner should always have eyes for the footy, which is on Suli.
However the overall call is ALWAYS with the fullback, particularly when there is ample time, like this occasion to get there and rather than bag Garrick, I will say happy to see him back on the wing next week.
What concerns me with Suli, is his powerhouse running is outshadowed by drop balls, confused defensive plays and lack of involvement....his raw potential just may not be enough after 3 years in hiding, to be a long term option at the club....I'm a little different than most opinions here, as have always like Suli and loved when he played a purple patch of form to become the X factor out wide....but unfortunately I don't want to wait around for that 3-4 games every 3 seasons to see it....

The most basic necessity in any sport is watching the ball. If Suli is being taught that blocking an opponent is more important than this then we need to find a new coach.
So whoever is tasked to ‘block’ when a bomb goes up should have eyes in the back of their head? How was Suli expected to look at the ball when his goal was to assist Garrick by distracting the attacking players? He needed to watch Garrick which is what he did. It was Garrick’s job to attack the ball!

Look it is pretty simple - the bomb errors were on all of those outside backs and Garrick. Yes Suli should have been watching where the ball was - yes the outside backs are supposed to provide "protection" but yes Garrick must own that space and every high ball unless bombing a wing must be his. He needs to be dominant - vocal and demand the ball. The other players play their roles - get out of the way but create some barriers for the kick chasers. So the falcon wasn't all Suli's fault but I have no idea why he wasn't looking up and he just stopped... hoping he had done his job. Suli has so much potential - he can carry big - out of our own end, he is a damaging runner - but I see him a bit the same as Joey Leilua and even his brother - talented - massive - hard to bring down but probably never really going to realise his potential.

It feels to me that Suli is a big part of the Fainu, and Guac families connection and is being given every chance to be a part of the team so as to keep the harmony.
There is one thing keeping team harmony but we also have to keep an efficient salary cap

I have seen Suli play a few dominant games but those few dominant games have been so far in between

The dragons offered Suli a big contract and he decided to stay with us for less which is a great gesture of loyalty to our club but our club is not getting value for money by him as he is not playing up to his 500k contract to manage to crack a first grade spot .

Moses turns 24 in two days time and he should be past his jnr potential stage . Moses should now be good enough to be a regular NRL player making his mark in the game

Scorn, derision, mockery ... some of our inhouse critics may not subjectively consider they hate anyone, but the effect somehow seems kind of similar!
No, just our love for Manly trumps all.

That's what being a footy fan is all about, through absolute love of our club, us one-eyed supporters will always identify the weak links and dead wood, because all we really want is for manly to win. It's not hate, just continual disappointment in a player's contribution to our team.

Go manly

Can’t believe the hate in this forum for some of our own players. Quite disturbing……
Bull****. I don't hate any of our players. Never have. Never will. I absolutely hate Parramatta, Storm and the Broncos, and pretty much all of their players and anyone associated with those club's. A perfect season for me would involve those three club's taking out the bottom three spots on the ladder, and Manly winning the Grand Final. I also hate all of the other club's, and their players, with varying degrees of intensity, depending on their ladder position, and whether they are playing Manly or not. This week I am experiencing deep hate for the Dragons, who I can more or less tolerate the rest of the time. Go Manly.

If you want to be retained by the club and tie up 550K of salary cap you have to earn your keep. Earning your keep is more than just the odd good game but consistent performances throughout the year. This applies to all of the squad. Moses is signed until the end of 2022 so I hope he hits form soon otherwise the club wont be able to retain him.

No, just our love for Manly trumps all.

That's what being a footy fan is all about, through absolute love of our club, us one-eyed supporters will always identify the weak links and dead wood, because all we really want is for manly to win. It's not hate, just continual disappointment in a player's contribution to our team.

Go manly
Well said feathered friend . Our love for the legendary club and our passion of Manly winning is what we are all about !!!

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8
9 4 5 -19 8