State of Origin [Game II, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

globaleagle

Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Sunday 27th June

At 2.50am my time and 3.50am @robbiea 's time... so no spoliers everyone! (lol)

Don't know if it is too early for this thread as injuries etc can drastically effect the team list and the way my boiled eggs are done.

As a NSW supporter what I'm worried about is:

NSW taking it easy mentally, thinking it is in the bad and losing. Didn't that happen last year?

Qld wont play that badly again so NSW need that 'Steve Waugh - foot on throat - ruthlessness.

Anyway... Maroon and sky blue away

Didn't take long....

Queensland’s hopes of producing a come-from-behind series victory could be dealt a huge blow, with South Sydney duo Dane Gagai and Jai Arrow in doubt for game two in Brisbane.

Queensland trio Cameron Munster, Kyle Feldt and Moeaki Fotuaika have been cleared to play in the second State of Origin game.
All three players were charged by the match review committee late on Wednesday night but only Fotuaika will miss any football.

Munster and Feldt were both fined for dangerous contact and contrary conduct respectively — Munster lashed out with his boot on Liam Martin and Feldt was charged over an incident involving Cameron Murray.

Green said Canberra prop Josh Papalii will come straight into his side for Origin II, but did not confirm if Kalyn Ponga would feature.

I'll be in Exmouth -- about as far west as you can get in Australia -- when the second SOO is on. I'm hoping the match will be televised.
The plan is to swim with some whale sharks then settle in to see some cane toads squashed.

1623389319510.png

BLOOD IS THE SWEAT OF HEROES
Tune in to watch real men play a man's sport.

This should be the promo for SOO II to gain international eyeballs.
I know those crazy Canadian ice hockey fans would love it.

Oh brother​

The NRL is very image conscious, so it is not surprising that the image to the right, which has been sent to leading Blues officials, has caused considerable angst among the game’s bosses.
For those struggling to identify the person wearing a Queensland team polo shirt, it is Bernie Sutton, who was the NRL referees boss until Jared Maxwell replaced him this year. Sutton is the brother of Gerard Sutton, who refereed the State of Origin opener on Wednesday.
The Blues were not impressed when sent the image.

In a concerning admission, the NRL admits it had no idea Bernie Sutton was working with one of the teams until 24 hours before kick-off.
And we discovered it by chance,” NRL chief executive Andrew Abdo said. “We weren’t aware until the day before the game when someone informed us that he was at Queensland training.
“I’m disappointed there was a lack of disclosure, but it is not uncommon for former referees to be used as consultants to clubs and Origin squads. It certainly didn’t impact the way Gerry refereed the game. I think everyone agrees Gerry had an outstanding game. We’ve certainly had no complaints about the officiating from either state.”

This column is not suggesting that Gerard Sutton was influenced by his brother’s association with Queensland, or that he even knew his brother was in the Maroons camp.

However, to say the teams had no issues with the officiating in the Origin series opener is incorrect. The penalty count was 4-all, but the six-again restarts went 8-1 to Queensland. That was a sore point among Blues officials.

Lies, lies and statistics quotes from nrl HQ

Didn't take long....

Queensland’s hopes of producing a come-from-behind series victory could be dealt a huge blow, with South Sydney duo Dane Gagai and Jai Arrow in doubt for game two in Brisbane.

Headlines ....
Queensland in turmoil as Injuries leave Gagai and Arrow in doubt for game 2

There is absolutely no doubt of what happens to the Blues every time the Great Maroons have their backs against the wall . They turn their turmoil into a Terrific winning performance

QUEENSLANDER !!!QUEENSLANDER !!!QUEENSLANDER !!!QUEENSLANDER!!!
20210526_095307.jpg

QUENSLANDER !!!

Last edited:
right on cue...

"the injury / illness"

The Maroons suffered a setback on Tuesday with forward Jai Arrow hospitalised for treatment on an infection.

A statement released by the QRL said Arrow was receiving a course of intravenous antibiotics having previously been on oral antibiotics prior to entering camp.

He is expected to be well enough to attend training on Thursday

Maroons centre Dane Gagai feels he owes it to Queensland to inspire an Origin victory on Sunday night after he was owned by Latrell Mitchell in the series opener when his preparation was ruined by three days in hospital.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4