State of Origin [Game II, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Walsh has no idea what he is for. How could they do this to a kid...it's incredibly irresponsible.
Didn't hear anyone complain that it was unfair to pick him in NRL (except Kevvie!) and he's gone really well.
He's about 10kg heavier than Sam Walker who plays in a position much more likely to result in a belting. And the Chooks would never have put him in NRL if he wasn't ready for it, everyone knows how they look after their player's well-being.
We'll soon find out of course but wouldn't surprise me at all if he handles it well.

I reckon the NSW team should win comfortably in the end, but have a strong feeling all the decisions early will coincidentally run with Qld...but even this, will not be able to save them against a superior opposition in the end.....

sorry if its been discussed already but does anyone know the reasoning behind putting this game on at 7:50pm on a Sunday?

My take on Reece Walsh's selection.

Personally I think that Phil Gould's complaints and comments are two fold. First, he's actually employed by the Warriors so obviously he is looking out for their interests. If it does go pear shaped for Walsh on Sunday night and his confidence gets shot, that has consequences for the Warriors and his own development as a player.

But there is always a Gus agenda to look out for. Gus also knows that Walsh at the back for Qld, despite that he has deficiencies in his game that most rookies have anyway, is a much more dangerous proposition for NSW than having Val Holmes in the #1 jumper. Having an actual fullback and two wingers makes the Qld back 3 more balanced ... and Gould knows that. Gus is an old Blues coach, he loves it when its advantage NSW, hates the opposite.

I'm not saying Walsh will have a big impact on the game on Sunday. I think Qld will actually be better more for having a front row this time around than they will a rookie fullback, but for mine their weak link is still their centres. Gagai can't defend for $hit, especially against anyone bigger (remember Suli making him look silly??) and Capewell is an out of position back rower. Think Manly having to play Jetski out in the centres because everyone else is injured. That's Capewell at centre for Qld.

As for Walsh ... if you are good enough to play NRL, you are good enough to play Origin.

I reckon the NSW team should win comfortably in the end, but have a strong feeling all the decisions early will coincidentally run with Qld...but even this, will not be able to save them against a superior opposition in the end.....
I can see an knights style ref performance, the NRL won't want game 2 not close, you can see it a mile off QLD will get all the 50/50 decisions

I can see an knights style ref performance, the NRL won't want game 2 not close, you can see it a mile off QLD will get all the 50/50 decisions
And that is a bigger problem, a blow out may be one sided but if they ref is as incompetent as the newy game and all for a closer result even more fans will turn off. Potential or rusted on.

Crumbling of crooked cartel continues.

Queensland coach Paul Green has blasted the NRL after former referees boss Bernard Sutton quit Camp Maroon due to a perceived conflict of interest.

Sutton has stepped down from his role as a consultant to the Queensland team given his brother Gerard Sutton will referee State of Origin II at Suncorp Stadium on Sunday.

Green brought Bernard, who departed his role as NRL referees boss in October last year, into Camp Maroon in the days leading up to Game One of the series in Townsville on June 9.
What did you think was going to happen Greeny, you fuk stick.

What a
images

Reports on Fox that a certain radio announcer (Dobbin) suggests that Tino Fa’asuamaleaui should take out Trbo in the first few minutes of SOO 2. Says Tino will spend 9 to 10 weeks on the sideline but that’s ok. What a fvcking piece of **** Dobbin is!!!!! Be good if someone took him out & he spent 9 to 10 weeks in hospital!

Queensland have been urged to get stuck in to Tom Trbojevic in a bid to wrestle back the series.

Brisbane-based radio host Ben Dobbin implored Paul Green to send Tino Fa’asuamaleaui out to knock the NSW centre down a peg.

Trbojevic has been in fine form for club and state and Dobbin said the only hope the Maroons had was if they took the Manly fullback out of the game.

Tom Trbojevic scored a hat-trick in game one
Tom Trbojevic scored a hat-trick in game oneSource: Getty Images

“I do not condone violence whatsoever and I understand the NRL are trying to clean up the game,” Dobbin said on Friday.

“So if I’m Paul Green I’m going to say to Tino Fa’asuamaleaui, ‘mate you’re representing Queensland on Sunday night and you’ve got one job and that’s to take Turbo, Tommy Trbojevic, out in the first or second minute’.

“You’re going to do nine or 10 weeks on the sideline but it doesn’t matter.

“That’s the only way Queensland are going to win by taking Tommy out.”

Reports on Fox that a certain radio announcer (Dobbin) suggests that Tino Fa’asuamaleaui should take out Trbo in the first few minutes of SOO 2. Says Tino will spend 9 to 10 weeks on the sideline but that’s ok. What a fvcking piece of **** Dobbin is!!!!! Be good if someone took him out & he spent 9 to 10 weeks in hospital!

Queensland have been urged to get stuck in to Tom Trbojevic in a bid to wrestle back the series.

Brisbane-based radio host Ben Dobbin implored Paul Green to send Tino Fa’asuamaleaui out to knock the NSW centre down a peg.

Trbojevic has been in fine form for club and state and Dobbin said the only hope the Maroons had was if they took the Manly fullback out of the game.

“I do not condone violence whatsoever and I understand the NRL are trying to clean up the game,” Dobbin said on Friday.

“So if I’m Paul Green I’m going to say to Tino Fa’asuamaleaui, ‘mate you’re representing Queensland on Sunday night and you’ve got one job and that’s to take Turbo, Tommy Trbojevic, out in the first or second minute’.

^ charming.

Ray Hadley has castigated a Triple M presenter for an NRL joke that missed the mark this morning.

Rush Hour host Ben Dobbin was speaking to Marto on The Big Breakfast about Sunday’s State of Origin match.

League immortal Andrew Johns has been grounded from Channel 9’s State of Origin commentary team at Suncorp Stadium on Sunday night.

The former NSW Blues area lives in the Waverley Local Government area which is classified as a Covid hot spot and prevented him from flying to Brisbane with the rest of the Nine commentary team before the border closure.

John is now expected to call the game out of Nine’s North Sydney studios, alongside Ray Warren who will be calling his 98th Origin game.

If this were to happen would it fall into the premeditated thus deliberate

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8