State of Origin [Game II, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Saw a short clip of the Blues walking around barefoot yesterday. Cleary had his shirt off and looked like Arnold Schwarzeneger. He must be a demon in the gym.

How do all you folk in Australia feel about the continued border closures these days?

I’m back in relatively heavy restrictions here in Singapore.

I just wonder, though, at what point will governments be brave enough to say it’s time to learn to live with the virus, because it seems that the idea that it can be eradicated is fantasy.

I just wonder, though, at what point will governments be brave enough to say it’s time to learn to live with the virus, because it seems that the idea that it can be eradicated is fantasy.
Its never been about eradication, aside possibly from NZ. It's always been about managing the risk until sufficient proportions of the population are vaccinated, because otherwise the hospital systems would collapse.

Its never been about eradication, aside possibly from NZ. It's always been about managing the risk until sufficient proportions of the population are vaccinated, because otherwise the hospital systems would collapse.
Initially the policies were targeted at protecting the hospital system from collapsing, but governments have had over 12 months to get their PPE stocks up (which was a major, legitimate concern) and contingencies in place, including (in Australia) utilising the capacity that is in the private health sector.

Are you suggesting no mask mandates? No quarantines or isolation periods? No contact tracing? No travel restrictions?

Are you suggesting no mask mandates? No quarantines or isolation periods? No contact tracing? No travel restrictions?
That would be a good start but what we really need is no case definition based on pcr testing, or at least not without a clinical diagnosis that excludes other respiratory illnesses

I certainly think that the domestic travel restrictions are an overreaction at this stage of the pandemic, and are more for political point scoring. Ie, look how tough we are on the virus!

the other things you mention are fine. International quarantine is certainly legit at this stage, but it would be nice to know what the government thinks is the magical vaccination rate that would cause it to open up the borders.

I certainly think that the domestic travel restrictions are an overreaction at this stage of the pandemic, and are more for political point scoring. Ie, look how tough we are on the virus!

the other things you mention are fine. International quarantine is certainly legit at this stage, but it would be nice to know what the government thinks is the magical vaccination rate that would cause it to open up the borders.
I think something substantially higher than 6%!

Wish them luck (not really @:))

as long as they dont hurt Turbo or try to illegally bash him out of the game or pull his leg(Munster) or twist his ankle etc etc

but it would be nice to know what the government thinks is the magical vaccination rate that would cause it to open up the borders.
I think they came out and said would need to be 80% preferably 90.
A long way off from the present 8%

Crumbling of crooked cartel continues.

Queensland coach Paul Green has blasted the NRL after former referees boss Bernard Sutton quit Camp Maroon due to a perceived conflict of interest.

Sutton has stepped down from his role as a consultant to the Queensland team given his brother Gerard Sutton will referee State of Origin II at Suncorp Stadium on Sunday.

Green brought Bernard, who departed his role as NRL referees boss in October last year, into Camp Maroon in the days leading up to Game One of the series in Townsville on June 9.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2