Solomona and Gillett

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Yes it's def the Jack Reed retiring that's been announced , so we now await wether the Donkeys announce GI as having been signed or Gillett.

If Goannna Man is first then we are still in with a shot at Gillett, and given Reed their centre is the one going , you can probably bet with some confidence it will be the Goanna.

GI to Donkeys? Yeah, that sounds right. Brisbane needs another International.
Anyone else you'd like Mr Bennett?

I think the Inglis to Broncos has gone cold.May still happen but they are quite happy with Opacic so for Inglis to go there would mean J.Roberts would be in the firing line.Wallace and Parker leaving so priority will be re-signing Gillet

Yes it's def the Jack Reed retiring that's been announced , so we now await wether the Donkeys announce GI as having been signed or Gillett.

If Goannna Man is first then we are still in with a shot at Gillett, and given Reed their centre is the one going , you can probably bet with some confidence it will be the Goanna.
Just read that Gilette will sign a deal worth in excess of 2Million with the broncos any day now.. Back to the drawing board for us.. Doesnt seem to be too much on the market at the moment.

Just read that Gilette will sign a deal worth in excess of 2Million with the broncos any day now.. Back to the drawing board for us.. Doesnt seem to be too much on the market at the moment.

So he signs for less than we are offering, enough said I suppose.

I think the Inglis to Broncos has gone cold.May still happen but they are quite happy with Opacic so for Inglis to go there would mean J.Roberts would be in the firing line.Wallace and Parker leaving so priority will be re-signing Gillet
Correct. He was due to fly up there last Friday to sign on the dotted line, but unfortunately it rained here in Sydney all day Friday and planes don't fly in the rain. That's twice now the Broncs have missed out on him due to inclement weather.

Scum Donkeys = Salary cap cheaters.

No wonder Bennett did stuff all but screw the Knights and went back to the Donkeys, it is an open bag policy up there. (Easier to get and retail talent that way.)

Open the bag..........and take as much cash as you want, no questions asked.......!!

Scum Donkeys = Salary cap cheaters.

No wonder Bennett did stuff all but screw the Knights and went back to the Donkeys, it is an open bag policy up there. (Easier to get and retail talent that way.)

Open the bag..........and take as much cash as you want, no questions asked.......!!

It's the Thoroughbreds mate,that's the big difference between the Donkeys and almost every other side , access to almost limitless TPA's.

The sooner it's capped the better the talent will be spread around.

Lockyer was on $250k for his last two years , plus about a Million in TPA from the Thoroughbreds.

Heaps and heaps of business's in Brisbane are part of it, written off as " advertising " and whilst they are not meant to get perks you can bet things like Stadium Membership, access and players available for " endorsements " flow freely.

Def NOT a level playing field!!

It's the Thoroughbreds mate,that's the big difference between the Donkeys and almost every other side , access to almost limitless TPA's.

The sooner it's capped the better the talent will be spread around.

Lockyer was on $250k for his last two years , plus about a Million in TPA from the Thoroughbreds.

Heaps and heaps of business's in Brisbane are part of it, written off as " advertising " and whilst they are not meant to get perks you can bet things like Stadium Membership, access and players available for " endorsements " flow freely.

Def NOT a level playing field!!
They get visitor tickets to Broncos away games at Suncorp lol

But Reed's retirement will lead to his re-signing, my sort of insider at the Donkeys suggested the only way they'd fit Matt in was if Jack retired.

So that likely to come next.
Definitely will resign Gillette now. Our only hope was if Jack was on the books for next year, but that has freed up the cash for broncos to resign Gillette.

Manly must have some cash offering 800k and if snake and matai retire as well that would be over another extra million on top of that.

I will still never figure out (other than the rules for some, rules for others thing) how Lockyer could have a registered NRL contract of 250-300k when he was then rated as the games best player, was the Broncos, Qld and Kangaroos captain.....yet the NRL knocked back our attempt to offer Gifty 'less than his market value'.

Last edited:
I will still never figure out (other than the rules for some, rules for others thing) how Lockyer could have a registered NRL contract of 250-300k when he was then rated as the games best player, was the Broncos, Qld and Kangaroos captain.....yet the NRL knocked back our attempt to offer Gifty 'less than his market value'.
And would not register Falou's contract to sign on with Parramatta because itvwas below market value.

News Corp clubs.

Makes you wonder who ended up winning the SL war....

Who won the SL war?

Other than the Western Reds and Adelaide Rams who were dropped.....how many SL teams were forced to merge?

While on the ARL side.....Manly and Norths became the Northern Eagles, St George and Illawarra became St Merge and Wests and Balmain became the Tigpies.

And the winner by unanimous decision is............

wow....I'm totally shocked that somehow gillett and the broncos managed this. Doubted he ever wanted to leave....plus the booting of reed, the thoroughbreds and other factors meant he was never truly seriously looking at leaving.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8