Solomona and Gillett

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The big trouble is that EVERY off contract player gets linked to us, the media go ape **** and we like the suckers we all are believe it.

We should all, believe nothing we read, nothing we hear, nothing we might see UNTIL it gets announced by the club!!

So how do they sign Mead and then extend Gillet? I know, I know they have endless bags of cash, just like the scum storm who also managed to resign a plethora of their players, just recently. (Clearly we do not have a level playing field and TPA's need to be managed in some way. Maybe cap all TPA's except for three players in each team??)

Anyway obviously donkeys did not wait for the 2018 cap to be advertised. I would think it good business to try and sign your talent now and then if the cap increases well that means you have more money to play with.

Anyway we are officially a basket case. And I am sick of the excuses and bull****, we have not even managed to resign Tom and Jake our future as yet. But we can manage to organise complete and utter rubbish signings....!

Just a question, if all the cap is not spent does left over money go to the owners or do the NRL keep it?

Mate the Salary Cap funds don't come from the NRL, that is the maximum each club are able to expend on players along with approved third party payments. So no one is 'keeping' any money - you either have the funds to spend up to the cap limit or you don't, there is no stockpiling of salary cap funds.

I have to say, I'm not disappointed that we missed out on Gillet. I wasn't overly keen on paying a 28 year old edge backrower nearly $800 000 a season. Don't get me wrong he runs good lines, defends well particularly on kick chases, but I just don't see him being worth anywhere near that amount of coin. Put it this way, do people really see him being more impactful than say Tapau who is $200 000 a season cheaper and two years younger? We need a quality centre, 5/8 and another prop would be nice too. I still think some surprise signings will happen before next season and I reckon they will offer much more value than Gillet.

I have to say, I'm not disappointed that we missed out on Gillet. I wasn't overly keen on paying a 28 year old edge backrower nearly $800 000 a season. Don't get me wrong he runs good lines, defends well particularly on kick chases, but I just don't see him being worth anywhere near that amount of coin. Put it this way, do people really see him being more impactful than say Tapau who is $200 000 a season cheaper and two years younger? We need a quality centre, 5/8 and another prop would be nice too. I still think some surprise signings will happen before next season and I reckon they will offer much more value than Gillet.
We've got the 5/8 in Blake Green, believe Vaughan and/or Moa for Prop additions and Matai and Walker for the centres, need a winger and hopefully it's not bloody uate. We also could do with as you said another quality centre but believe we will sign one at the end of next season with the leftover money from Matai's possible retirement and Snake's probable retirement. We have good forwards coming through in Lane, Meehan and Hopoate so i also wouldn't be too surprised if we didn't sign any more then just one prop.

We've got the 5/8 in Blake Green, believe Vaughan and/or Moa for Prop additions and Matai and Walker for the centres, need a winger and hopefully it's not bloody uate. We also could do with as you said another quality centre but believe we will sign one at the end of next season with the leftover money from Matai's possible retirement and Snake's probable retirement. We have good forwards coming through in Lane, Meehan and Hopoate so i also wouldn't be too surprised if we didn't sign any more then just one prop.
Something's got to give over at the Panthers. They have four centres on the books next season in Blake, Peachey, Hiku and Whare and Tamou has signed for big money. We have been linked to Whare for 2018, I have a feeling he will be back here next season.

Something's got to give over at the Panthers. They have four centres on the books next season in Blake, Peachey, Hiku and Whare and Tamou has signed for big money. We have been linked to Whare for 2018, I have a feeling he will be back here next season.
No. He's a cripple these days. Give us Waqa instead.

Ignoring any speculation, we need a centre (Matai isn't going to do well), a winger, a 5/8, a back rower and another prop. With Lyon, potentially snake and Matai, and a host of dead rubber being shown the door we have heaps of money. I hope we don't waste it just because we have it, there's really not much in the market.
I will repeat myself though, if Foran actually does go to the warriors we must go hard for Lolohea, he would be the perfect side kick for dce. I'm not saying he's a sure thing but he's a far better option than Green. And he's actually a 5/8, unlike Walker.

Ignoring any speculation, we need a centre (Matai isn't going to do well), a winger, a 5/8, a back rower and another prop. With Lyon, potentially snake and Matai, and a host of dead rubber being shown the door we have heaps of money. I hope we don't waste it just because we have it, there's really not much in the market.
I will repeat myself though, if Foran actually does go to the warriors we must go hard for Lolohea, he would be the perfect side kick for dce. I'm not saying he's a sure thing but he's a far better option than Green. And he's actually a 5/8, unlike Walker.
No-one, perhaps very few will be better for dce then Green, especially not another walker at 5/8, Lolohea is an outside back, winger or centre I don't mind but please not a bloody 5/8.

Now Kearney is coach,Lolohea won't be going anywhere

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8