Solomona and Gillett

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
You'd have to think it is someone still involved in finals football, otherwise it would be announced - probably just referring to Blake Green.
Media talked up Josh Jackson resigning but it was never officially announced and then it just dropped off (for what it's worth)

Ignoring any speculation, we need a centre (Matai isn't going to do well), a winger, a 5/8, a back rower and another prop. With Lyon, potentially snake and Matai, and a host of dead rubber being shown the door we have heaps of money. I hope we don't waste it just because we have it, there's really not much in the market.
I will repeat myself though, if Foran actually does go to the warriors we must go hard for Lolohea, he would be the perfect side kick for dce. I'm not saying he's a sure thing but he's a far better option than Green. And he's actually a 5/8, unlike Walker.

Green is at Manly next year for 350k for 2 years so thats our 5/8 covered. Jamil Hopoate will be an interesting addition into the full time squad next year as i feel he could own a back row spot.
And Willis Meehan also will take a spot on the bench as a prop. Really only leaves us to buy a good winger and a large chunk should just go to the upgrades of the Turbos contracts.
After missing out on Sims, Tamou, Solomona, Lee, Gillett maybe even Klemmer it seems we don't have the ability to attract big names to our club any more. We will have to become attractive 1st but with the stocks coming though in the forwards i think we will be after 2017.

You'd have to think it is someone still involved in finals football, otherwise it would be announced - probably just referring to Blake Green.

If that's who Fulton thinks everyone will be super happy about, then he truly is out of touch.

Something's got to give over at the Panthers. They have four centres on the books next season in Blake, Peachey, Hiku and Whare and Tamou has signed for big money. We have been linked to Whare for 2018, I have a feeling he will be back here next season.
Plus hardaker as well. Thats 5 centres. Think whare will be here in 2017

Would be
Green is at Manly next year for 350k for 2 years so thats our 5/8 covered. Jamil Hopoate will be an interesting addition into the full time squad next year as i feel he could own a back row spot.
And Willis Meehan also will take a spot on the bench as a prop. Really only leaves us to buy a good winger and a large chunk should just go to the upgrades of the Turbos contracts.
After missing out on Sims, Tamou, Solomona, Lee, Gillett maybe even Klemmer it seems we don't have the ability to attract big names to our club any more. We will have to become attractive 1st but with the stocks coming though in the forwards i think we will be after 2017.
Would be happy with green, Whare, moa or vaugh and manu manu. Wright on the wing will be ok as well until parker finds his feet in first grade

Agree to a degree, Klemmer was all so close to signing, Tamou we weren't chasing, sims was just thrown up in the air, we didn't want sims but media made it look like we did, Gillett gets the Broncos contract plus unlimited TPA money knowing them so it's a no brainer he didn't come, Solomona got away as did lee but we are still attracting and taking the big names, with Tapau, Walker and Blake Green just to name a few over the last year... Believe we are still gonna get another big name, hopefully Manu Mau and Vaughan, Whare or Moa, we'll have to see but i am more than hopeful.

Blake Green, Whare (who we let go a while back) or even Moa are not 'big' names in my mind. They are far better than reserve grade players no doubt and quite solid (besides how old Green and Moa are and Whare with injury concerns). But neither of them would place in the top 50 RL players at present, maybe not even the top 100.

And Walker although talented has simply not lived up to all the hype that surrounded his signing. He has a bit to prove and it will be up to him if he wants to dig in show us what he has got in 2017.

Tapau is about the only big name we have really snared in the past 18 months, who has been a really great asset to our team.

Blake Green, Whare (who we let go a while back) or even Moa are not 'big' names in my mind. They are far better than reserve grade players no doubt and quite solid (besides how old Green and Moa are and Whare with injury concerns). But neither of them would place in the top 50 RL players at present, maybe not even the top 100.

And Walker although talented has simply not lived up to all the hype that surrounded his signing. He has a bit to prove and it will be up to him if he wants to dig in show us what he has got in 2017.

Tapau is about the only big name we have really snared in the past 18 months, who has been a really great asset to our team.
Yep Tapau has been exceptional, walker I believe will be once he moves back to centre and green will be absolutely perfect for us so I consider him a big signing despite him being rather underrated. Hopefully there is another big name to add to our side and whether he's on or off contract however we get him and whoever it may be if bozo is saying we will be happy then I will welcome him with ease, bozo better not disappoint again.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8