Solomona and Gillett

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Turbo

Bencher
Clubs hunt Storm giant Asofa-Solomona
By Rocco Luca
August 17, 2016

MELBOURNE’S man mountain Nelson Asofa-Solomona is one of the hottest free agents left on the open market and he has no shortage of suitors.

The hulking 20-year-old has struggled with injury in 2016 but that hasn’t stopped rival clubs and the 15-man code from making contact.

The Warriors are the latest club to show strong interest with the Wellington-born product as the club looks to add some more grunt up front for 2017.

The Warriors join Manly and the Sharks as the prominent clubs chasing Asofa-Solomona with the latter willing to throw big money to land the hard-running prop.

Asofa-Solomona recently distanced himself from manager Jim Banaghan and speculation is rife that Craig Bellamy isn’t happy that the forward has rebuffed a number of offers to re-sign with the Storm. And it is believed that this was the reason he was dropped for the side’s clash with the Raiders last Monday night despite being named earlier in the week.

Manly supremo Bob Fulton is said to be a big fan of the Kiwi and has led the push to recuit him to the Northern Beaches although, how much money they can throw him will be dependent on whether they are successful in luring their No.1 forward target Matt Gillett.

Earlier in the year Asofa-Solomona pledged his allegiance to rugby league after shunning big offers from Kiwi Super Rugby franchises.

Our club play the media game well. That we are linked to two great gets like this, so soon after our season ends, makes me think it's more propaganda. Let's hope we land em.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8