Solomona and Gillett

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
FoxSport reporting that Gillet is poised to sign a 3 or 4 year extension with the Broncos at $500 000 a season. So with both Solomona and Gillet seemingly giving us a wide berth who remains available to us for next season? I've got a feeling that our signings for next season will end up being Uate, Green, Idris, Cullen. Also T Rex might come into calculations, maybe Hoffman, Mead and Vaughan. One thing is for certain, the available talent pool is shrinking by the day. The uncertainty around Snake and Matai would also be playing havoc with recruiting as well. We have potentially around 2 million dollars being wasted in the cap for next season in Snake, Matai, Myles and Lewis Brown.

Wow, the Donkeys and Purple Scum seriously have no cap what so ever.
Ah well stuff you both Gillet and Solomona.

On another note what does it take for Manly to sign so decent players. It certainly seems people are not rushing to sign for us, what is going on? Is it purely money or do our management/coaching staff suck that bad?

word gets around the Players and Managers that the club is coached and managed by muppets.... Respected coaches attract players. If we had a coach with a good reputation we would be attracting the top as well as up and coming players...

We better get used to players snubbing us unless we pay big overs. Our club is not an attractive destination atm.

Yes both Solomona and Gillett both off contract and would be the ideal targets for us but since when dose Bozo follow the rules of players being under contract?
No evidence but just a hunch that we will be targeting some left of field player as a marquee signing. Possibly a player under contract at a club with salary cap pressure? Player unrest at current club? Rugby Union?
If the last off season was anything to go by i say we are in for another busy one.
Commence faze 2 of rebuild

Reckon we'll lock down Gillett, instead of Solomona now (who I really wanted) we should target Charlie Gubb and Manu Mau if Gillett doesn't end up signing, he may have a tiny bit on his contract to go but contracts don't matter anymore. Then we need some backs If we want to compete for premiership but only a winger. Keep tafua in the 2, Dylan walker in the 3, Matai in the 4 (if retires then we try lure James Roberts, put him in the 3, and walker in the 4) and a new winger but we wouldn't really have enough in the cap for a decent one, although wright has actually been pretty good for us, good under the ball can take some runs up the middle, his defence from what I've seen is pretty good, he may not be the fastest but could be like that of Peta Hiku. Another option for wing is Parker but he may need another year.

Reckon we'll lock down Gillett, instead of Solomona now (who I really wanted) we should target Charlie Gubb and Manu Mau if Gillett doesn't end up signing, he may have a tiny bit on his contract to go but contracts don't matter anymore. Then we need some backs If we want to compete for premiership but only a winger. Keep tafua in the 2, Dylan walker in the 3, Matai in the 4 (if retires then we try lure James Roberts, put him in the 3, and walker in the 4) and a new winger but we wouldn't really have enough in the cap for a decent one, although wright has actually been pretty good for us, good under the ball can take some runs up the middle, his defence from what I've seen is pretty good, he may not be the fastest but could be like that of Peta Hiku. Another option for wing is Parker but he may need another year.
Buhrer is not a hooker, great player but not quick enough to play hooker. Api and Parcell are probably the 2 best young hookers in the game and I'm sure that they will be our future hookers one on the bench. If we sign Gillett he will move to buhrers spot and Buhrer will go to lock or the other back row spot.
not quick enough? As quick as cam smith?if parcell and api were the best young hookers in the game I'm sure we would be further up the ladder???all you do is confuse me turbo. Maybe it's the Hsc.

not quick enough? As quick as cam smith?if parcell and api were the best young hookers in the game I'm sure we would be further up the ladder???all you do is confuse me turbo. Maybe it's the Hsc.
Two hookers can't fix the injuries around em. Plus Parcell missed plenty of the season, whereas Api played in the halves for most of his season. It's been one of those years, next year we'll realise how good they are if not seen already

If the name players won't come then let's target the best of the up and coming players, the ones desperate for a start.

2017 is a rebuild year anyway , 2018 is whe everyone is off contract ( or lots anyway).

We are losing three of the best ever Manly backs - Lyon, Stewart and Matai - in 2017 and yet posters are worried about our forwards!
Isn't it obvious where we need reinforcements?
I'm not sure if we spoke to him or not but I'd like to have signed nene MacDonald.
If he signed with the dragons he'd sign with anyone.
Must be massive overs there.

Buhrer is not a hooker, great player but not quick enough to play hooker. Api and Parcell are probably the 2 best young hookers in the game and I'm sure that they will be our future hookers one on the bench. If we sign Gillett he will move to buhrers spot and Buhrer will go to lock or the other back row spot.
Api is not one the best young hookers in the game. Your statement about him is just not true.
He is a good player, but would struggle to get a starting spot at any other club.

Api is not one the best young hookers in the game. Your statement about him is just not true.
He is a good player, but would struggle to get a starting spot at any other club.
He'd get a spot at Knights, Dragons, Parra, Souths, Bulldogs, Tigers. Name young hookers who are better than him besides Parcell.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8