Snake back to training tomorrow???

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

HoldenV8

Journey Man
NRL 2017: Brett Stewart and Steve Matai yet to return to pre-season training for Manly Sea Eagles
  • 7 hours ago
  • by DAN WALSH AND NATHAN RYAN
  • Source: FOX SPORTS
THE careers of Manly veterans Brett Stewart and Steve Matai are hanging by a thread, with both stars still yet to return to pre-season training.

Stewart has been battling a chronic knee injury that threatens to call curtains on a glittering 14-year career for the Sea Eagles, while a long-term neck issue is feared to hold a similar fate for Matai.

Matai’s last appearance in the maroon and white was back in round nine last year, while Stewart hasn’t been sighted since round 16 and struggled to produce his best form in 2016, but he had been expected back at training after the New Year.

With emerging star Tom Trbojevic pencilled in as the club’s long-term fullback, rumours of Stewart being shopped to Super League to Catalans - despite having a year remaining on his current deal - have been rife.

Full article at:
http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...s/news-story/9157f15c5d5dbdb547ee8bc5f68acee9

Ben

Bencher
Well that puts all the rumours to bed then i guess and we can now reflect on both their great careers in maroon and white. With payments agreed and both parties happy, this was really the only way it could of been resolved. Now fingers crossed the NRL approve the medical retirements and then everyone wins.
Thank you Brett and Steve for your service. How lucky where we to have such a classy backline for so long.

winnyason

Bencher
Remind me how many premierships Thurston delivered the Cowboys before he got Morgan in at 5/8?????..........oh that's right - none.
Right he not in JT league. So after tommy said the fullback spot is snake IF he fit. Dce lays the boot in with not seen him at training it's tom spot.
The reason Evans has that paycheck as snake, gifty, killer and Co made him look good. You would think the bloke would show snake some respect given he a club legend.
Yes it's doubtful he be back.

Evans is the reason we are in this **** mess. He back flipped we payed stupid overs he demanded forehead myles and then demanded toovey moved on. In hindsight ash Taylor may have given a better balanced team.
Evans can't control attack needs someone to hold his hand. Did joey need help or langer or lockyer.

Right he not in JT league. So after tommy said the fullback spot is snake IF he fit. Dce lays the boot in with not seen him at training it's tom spot.
The reason Evans has that paycheck as snake, gifty, killer and Co made him look good. You would think the bloke would show snake some respect given he a club legend.
Yes it's doubtful he be back.

Evans is the reason we are in this **** mess. He back flipped we payed stupid overs he demanded forehead myles and then demanded toovey moved on. In hindsight ash Taylor may have given a better balanced team.
Evans can't control attack needs someone to hold his hand. Did joey need help or langer or lockyer.

Fair rant.

Most of it is utter crap, but fair rant.

Go manly

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Will we save that money or will there be a last minute signing. It will be interesting

Put it on a metropolitan tennis match and double our money

Just stay away from first or last try scorer or the margin on a manly game and mums the word

If what @Supreme Leader says is true I do hope both players are given a fit and proper send off at Brookvale.

To have them medically retired, and then to just see them walk off into the sunset would be absolutely tragic.
I would like to think that they both would be celebrated at Brookie if in deed they are finished. What price Brett not participating if he walks? Would it shock the punters?
I hope he can repay all the fans who have supported him and cheered for him. We all deserve that

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I would like to think that they both would be celebrated at Brookie if in deed they are finished. What price Brett not participating if he walks? Would it shock the punters?
I hope he can repay all the fans who have supported him and cheered for him. We all deserve that

We may well deserve it but it's more likely than not that nothing will happen, and that may not be the clubs fault.

He was vilified in 2016, so perhaps that would be the repayment.

I still sincerely hope not but very possible.

Supreme Leader

Uber L77T playa
I think Supreme is saying ther may be no money, it will count on our cap even if they can't play.

Yep, I'm not holding my breath for the salary cap adjustment. It would be right thing to do in balance for us to be able to spend the money we would dish out on these great players, and re spend on introducing new players to the squad, but since when has the right thing actually happened? I'm a cynical SOB at the best of times.

Yep, I'm not holding my breath for the salary cap adjustment. It would be right thing to do in balance for us to be able to spend the money we would dish out on these great players, and re spend on introducing new players to the squad, but since when has the right thing actually happened? I'm a cynical SOB at the best of times.

Might depend if the Dogs actually want to get rid of Graham.
If they do, Greenturd might "make it happen" to help his Doggies.

Otherwise, yes agee, no favours for Manly.

Supreme Leader

Uber L77T playa
From media reports and comments made by DCE; one would suggest an announcement shortly and they are gooonnnne. My understanding from another player manager is that figures have now been worked out by the players management team (and they deserve every cent!), a renewed request for medical dispensation under the salary cap is about to be sent to the NRL's Financial & salary cap officials, who will take 1 -3 weeks to make a decision. I only hope that the CEO is on holidays when it hits. Will be all finished before the 9's. My money is on a no, we are Manly!

Sad, but it is what it is.

Hi Guys

Need to eat humble pie, just been contacted by my source after reading my post and been advised Matai settlement organised but most likely the salary cap dispensation will not be allowed as the injury is considered "pre existing"? Therefore we will most likely need to cover under our salary cap this year. Manly supposably arguing case.

But Snake and management have NOT agreed to payout yet, with a recent offer rejected. We had jumped the gun. Evidently there may be some hostility between parties and will not be resolved anytime soon.

Correctly, I was put in my place, my apologies. I was a little too keen on sharing the info.

Shoe1

Journey Man
Hi Guys

Need to eat humble pie, just been contacted by my source after reading my post and been advised Matai settlement organised but most likely the salary cap dispensation will not be allowed as the injury is considered "pre existing"? Therefore we will most likely need to cover under our salary cap this year. Manly supposably arguing case.

But Snake and management have NOT agreed to payout yet, with a recent offer rejected. We had jumped the gun. Evidently there may be some hostility between parties and will not be resolved anytime soon.

Correctly, I was put in my place, my apologies. I was a little too keen on sharing the info.
Good info, but if I had inside info I would be wary of sharing it with you @Supreme Leader unless I wanted it put up on silvertails! ;o)

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Hi Guys

Thanks for sharing regardless , don't like that word " hostilities " though, if true suggests the chance of a Brookvale farewell is highly unlikely.

That would be very sad!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
15 9 6 161 20
14 8 6 60 20
14 7 7 63 18
14 7 7 37 18
15 8 7 -8 18
14 7 7 -50 18