Snake back to training tomorrow???

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Wow not sure why the attitude re this. The point was I hope things work out for him, not having a go at the club so this is kind of pointless.

No "attitude" here at all on my part mate, just my opinion that the club have always stood by Snake.

I hope he gets a good deal too. Just saying I don't think the club is obligated to "do the right thing" by him as they always have.

pjayz

הנשרים ישרור בעוד שנתיים מיום הנשרים
No "attitude" here at all on my part mate, just my opinion that the club have always stood by Snake.

I hope he gets a good deal too. Just saying I don't think the club is obligated to "do the right thing" by him as they always have.
I think wires might be crossed, I wasn't suggesting the club didn't do right by snake in the past - my point was he suffered a great deal, lost hundreds of thousands of dollars defending his innocence, went through public hell and I hope things work out well for him and he gets his full contract amount (insurance or otherwise).

I'd like to see him go out like the champion he has been for this club. I'm sure he will.

Supreme Leader

Uber L77T playa
The manner of Beaver's departure from the club, sets the standard and provides the example for departing champions.
Surely the club would want to at least get close to this kind of swan song for Brett Stewart.

Hey EagleFromMay; Love your hero list! Think there is only 4 I haven't shared a beer with! I think I've done well! BTW all of them can tell a great yarn or two.

EagleFromMay1967

Sky Punching : send them High as the Clouds
Hey EagleFromMay; Love your hero list! Think there is only 4 I haven't shared a beer with! I think I've done well! BTW all of them can tell a great yarn or two.
Be curious to know what Frank Stanton would say about the current 'state of the club' :)
Dont any of you youngens underestimate
Freddy, Frogeyes, or Les H either. Les STILL holds the 5 try record 50 yrs on from that fateful day. I'm still hooked.

nightster

The older I get the better I was
Premium Member
Tipping Member
y
Be curious to know what Frank Stanton would say about the current 'state of the club' :)
Freddy, Frogeyes, or Les H either. Les STILL holds the 5 try record 50 yrs on from that fateful day. I'm still hooked.
yep awesome Les Hanigan I was there to witness the 5 tries ... I was 16 ... I think he played without contact lenses (no soft ones back then) and so didn't see 100% ...

Last edited:

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
y

yep awesome Les Hannigan I was there to witness the 5 tries ... I was 16 ... I think he played without contact lenses (no soft ones back then) and so didn't see 100% ...

Les copped plenty for dropping passes ... some wag eventually sewed a bell in one ball and attempted to pass it off to a ball boy.

Bearfax

Grizzly old fart

I was at Brookie when Les scored those 5 tries. I seem to remember he scored them all in the first half, but memory may be against me there. He was a real crowd pleaser. Only Ken Irvine could show him up

Go manly

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I think I posted this before but Les and his lovely wife drink at my local and when I am home We have watched quite a few games together.i have shown him the forum and have had a laugh and I will be sure to let him see these kind words

Still a manly absolute tragic and so are all his family

Fred has moved in close by and we all had beers and watched the game together last year

Feel pretty privileged to listen to these genuinely good people who just love the club and footy in general

Would not hurt some of the new young guns to listen about feeling proud to always try your best for the club

Bearfax

Grizzly old fart
I think I posted this before but Les and his lovely wife drink at my local and when I am home We have watched quite a few games together.i have shown him the forum and have had a laugh and I will be sure to let him see these kind words

Still a manly absolute tragic and so are all his family

Fred has moved in close by and we all had beers and watched the game together last year

Feel pretty privileged to listen to these genuinely good people who just love the club and footy in general

Would not hurt some of the new young guns to listen about feeling proud to always try your best for the club

Loved watching him in full flight. Bit confused about who Fred is. Are you referring to one of the other two crowd pleasing wingers of the 60s, Fred and Nick Yakich. Loved those guys

Last edited:

Peter C

Bencher
Speaking of Les Hannigan and blasts from the past, does anyone remember Danny Gough, I think he came to us from Newtown, very much under rated

Bearfax

Grizzly old fart
Speaking of Les Hannigan and blasts from the past, does anyone remember Danny Gough, I think he came to us from Newtown, very much under rated

Yes vaguely I recall him. Cant remember much about him though. Reminders please.

Harmless27

Reserve Grader
speaking of Snake returning to training last week....

Can anyone confirm if he has been participating in training so far? 2 weeks since his return now - surely the journos have an update for us if he has or hasn't been participating???

Sorry to interrupt all of the (entertaining) off topic banter!

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
speaking of Snake returning to training last week....

Can anyone confirm if he has been participating in training so far? 2 weeks since his return now - surely the journos have an update for us if he has or hasn't been participating???

Sorry to interrupt all of the (entertaining) off topic banter!

Media has gone all quiet, he's probably back ( hope so).

How good would it be for the club to give us an update on our two legends, oh wait, sorry I forgot we don't do that these days do we.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
I hope he is there too...
As a role model that pushes the Manly spirit back into the players that seemed at times lost in 2015/16
As a mentor for Tommy T about positional play, particularly defensively and the importance of Talking up a game from the back with the best view in the house.
As a personal favourite player of all time and a player I regard as good as ANY Manly player in my 35 years supporting this club, I really believe his best input is from the sidelines and encouraging the team and passing on his amazing vision.
The old saying "Never write off a Champion"I used continually in 2016 waiting for the return of the OLD Snake - At times I felt p***ed off watching this imposter in Snakes body and then it turned to sadness....we have a legend in the making at Fullback now and its simply time to pass the baton and keep all the magic memories of Snake in "The way we were"basket,

Supreme Leader

Uber L77T playa
I have fond memories at an event at Manly Leagues in 2015 sharing drinks with Terry Randell and his wife, and Graham Eadie and his, and Max Krillich; spent 6 hours after the event sharing stories and drinks, the time flew, didn't stop laughing. Great legends of the club and still 100% Manly

If you get the chance ask them about the best football game ever

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
15 9 6 161 20
14 8 6 60 20
14 7 7 63 18
14 7 7 37 18
15 8 7 -8 18
14 7 7 -50 18