Snake back to training tomorrow???

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
if anyone wondering how his 'rehab' on his leg is going then just have a look at his instagram account: brett.stewart1 today there is a pic of him in melbourne at tokomelbourne

How do you conclude "rightfully?" Snake is in my opinion the most talented player ever to pull on a Manly jersey. More skillful than Fulton, Cliffy and Killer but if he can't perform then he can't fulfill his contractual obligations.

Think of it this way, you have contracted me to build you a new house. I can't do that now because I have a crook knee, but I am a legend in the building industry and you think I'm a great bloke too so you will pay me in full anyway won't you?

If you broke your back whilst building my house, then yes you should get a payout.

It's simple.

If Brett tells his management to play hardball then the club has to play hardball.

I'm sure the club want to pay him out or get a medical retirement.

If that doesn't come through he has to play reserve grade. Like any other player or get his contact ripped up due to not forfilling it.

Not saying he doesn't deserve the money. But he can't just move down to Melbourne and have nothing to do with the club.

We extended his contract for an extra year(I at the time did not think it was the right thing to do but whatever) knowing he had injury issues,we are obligated to pay him out,if we can negotiate a settlement that benefits us then good for us,but if Brett wants a full payout then that is his right.None of us know what the fine details of the contract were in terms of responsibilities and obligations etc.....There are so many crazy issues nowadays with workplace law and insurance.If he can prove that he can play and train,but we don't think he can do that at a level that can play first grade footy,then do we play him in Intrust cup or play hardball?..... This is just the start of many scenarios that can occur but none of us really know what is going on.Do we respect a club legend and give him a chance.....Unfortunately it is the way many high paid sports are going and the dollar wins irregardless.The club will do what they feel is in their best interests and take into account the P.R. issues and Brett will do what he and his managers think will be the best course for him.Hopefully as a fan of both parties something will be announced soon.I look forward to the 1.1 million(or more)being available next year because I am not holding my breath for this year.I include Skivy's salary in the 1.1

Last edited:
We extended his contract for an extra year(I at the time did not think it was the right thing to do but whatever) knowing he had injury issues,we are obligated to pay him out,if we can negotiate a settlement that benefits us then good for us,but if Brett wants a full payout then that is his right.None of us know what the fine details of the contract were in terms of responsibilities and obligations etc.....There are so many crazy issues nowadays with workplace law and insurance.If he can prove that he can play and train,but we don't think he can do that at a level that can play first grade footy,then do we play him in Intrust cup or play hardball?..... This is just the start of many scenarios that can occur but none of us really know what is going on.Do we respect a club legend and give him a chance.....Unfortunately it is the way many high paid sports are going and the dollar wins irregardless.The club will do what they feel is in their best interests and take into account the P.R. issues and Brett will do what he and his managers think will be the best course for him.Hopefully as a fan of both parties something will be announced soon.I look forward to the 1.1 million(or more)being available next year because I am not holding my breath for this year.
Yawn...thanks for the scoop

A photo popped up on my FB feed of Max Delmege, Ricky Nixon, a few I didn't know and the Snake at Toko Melbourne a few nights ago.

Pretty sure that means training at Narrabeen ain't happening in any way.

Certainly not back at training yet. This popped up on Shaun Lane's Instagram, good to see the boys having a bit of fun for Australia Day, including T Baz.

IMG_4712.jpg

^ I'll be the first Donny Downer (as opposed to Alexander Downer) on this one. Does it worry anyone else that Barrett is in the front row, beer in hand? I've always had the sneaking suspicion he cares more about being "one of the boys" than being a respected coach. Guess it's a question of coaching style/philosophy… If he gets the results, nobody will care. But so far the results have been less than spectacular.

Seriously .... he fuchen sacked 20 fukin players last year ... do you seriously think the players think he is one of the boys!!!!

Fuch me sideways on a Sunday, can't you people just enjoy a happy photo without inventing negative sht

^ I'll be the first Donny Downer (as opposed to Alexander Downer) on this one. Does it worry anyone else that Barrett is in the front row, beer in hand? I've always had the sneaking suspicion he cares more about being "one of the boys" than being a respected coach. Guess it's a question of coaching style/philosophy… If he gets the results, nobody will care. But so far the results have been less than spectacular.

It literally could not concern me any less.

Who gives a toss if he is sharing a beer with his players on Aust Day.

Isn't everyone always jizzing themselves about coaches like Bennett and Hasler because they are man managers??
Being able to share an occassional beer with his team show as me he can relate to them. These sensitive little Gen Ys need a big warm hug, not the Warren Ryan school of coaching.

The way Barrett is holding the beer concerns me. Not that there is a beer there.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4