Snake back to training tomorrow???

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I
No its wasn't. Cant remember where i read it as it was a few weeks ago now. I just hope it gets resolved where both parties are happy.

Impossible for both too be happy unfortunately. Brett is owed, rightfully, 700k and should get it. The club, rightfully, don't want to giveaway 700k for no return this year. So it's gonna be ugly. Rightfully. Right.

I

Impossible for both too be happy unfortunately. Brett is owed, rightfully, 700k and should get it. The club, rightfully, don't want to giveaway 700k for no return this year. So it's gonna be ugly. Rightfully. Right.
How do you conclude "rightfully?" Snake is in my opinion the most talented player ever to pull on a Manly jersey. More skillful than Fulton, Cliffy and Killer but if he can't perform then he can't fulfill his contractual obligations.

Think of it this way, you have contracted me to build you a new house. I can't do that now because I have a crook knee, but I am a legend in the building industry and you think I'm a great bloke too so you will pay me in full anyway won't you?

Yep, this is my understanding. Best example is choc. NRL took his salary out of the cap when he retired but insurance didn't pay out. The two are seperate. Correct me if I am wrong, but the NRL lead doctor used to work at Manly so I am sure he understands the chronic nature of both Snakes and Matai's injuries. I think both will NOT be counted towards the cap and Manly will pick up a mid season signing or two like the Titans ...
Hahaha you sound like you have no idea how Tool Turdburger's twisted little mind works. We will not get any exemptions from that fukwit you can bet the house on it.

How do you conclude "rightfully?" Snake is in my opinion the most talented player ever to pull on a Manly jersey. More skillful than Fulton, Cliffy and Killer but if he can't perform then he can't fulfill his contractual obligations.

Think of it this way, you have contracted me to build you a new house. I can't do that now because I have a crook knee, but I am a legend in the building industry and you think I'm a great bloke too so you will pay me in full anyway won't you?
But if you knew my medical history, had access to my doctors and knew that I've had chronic injuries for years that were only getting worse, saw that I couldn't finish a home that I was contracted to build last year and yet still contracted me to build you a new house, well....

Last edited:
I get the " I want my money" deal BUT, I also get the " well how about we don't expect you to play but here's a significant payment" deal as well.

Yes it's going to get ugly, and as soon as Brett takes it to the media the **** will start big time.

I'm guessing about 2 weeks before season kick off will be about the perfect time!!

More skillful than Fulton, Cliffy and Killer but if he can't perform then he can't fulfill his contractual obligations.
Have you studied his contract Ralphie? If not, how do you know what his contractual obligations are?

Players get injured all the time, I'd be amazed if the contract doesn't specify what is to occur.

Personally I've been assuming any negotiation would involve releasing Snake from his obligations (rehab, train, play reserve grade if not at full speed, etc, etc etc) in return for a reduced pay out.

I appreciate your view ralphie, even though i may have got a little lost. I'm just saying we won 2 premierships on the back of these backended contracts and they should be fulfilled or next time we try to manipulate the contracts/cap they players won't want a bar of it.

What's so hard to understand. The club agreed to pay him a contract for this year. That means that he doesn't play for anyone else this year. If he is injured it means that they still pay him. If he had another year to go after this one it would mean that they had to pay him next yearns well. The club stuffed up extending him. No one else was going to poach him and he wasn't setting the world on fire.

A stupid decision they now have to deal with end of story.

What's so hard to understand. The club agreed to pay him a contract for this year. That means that he doesn't play for anyone else this year. If he is injured it means that they still pay him. If he had another year to go after this one it would mean that they had to pay him next yearns well. The club stuffed up extending him. No one else was going to poach him and he wasn't setting the world on fire.

A stupid decision they now have to deal with end of story.

I thought during all the **** flying around when Twatmough signed with the scum and Foran was playing silly buggers, that Stewart was heavily linked with Canberra?
I recall Manly would not entertain a release but he wanted out to Canberra?

Can you give the address of one of your spec built houses before I respond to that question?

The club, or insurance, will have to pay for Brett's final year even if he doesn't lace on a boot. The more productive question is: How can the Sea Eagles benefit from having Snake working for that last year contract payment?
Should he do promotional videos, such as T-Red did?
Should be become an assistant coach?
Should he run/walk the water?
Should he be offered to the media as a commentator to pump up Manly's appeal?
Should be run training camps for local schools?
The club should gain some value out of Snake if he is not playing. So, how can he help the Sea Eagles and 'justify' his salary?

The club, or insurance, will have to pay for Brett's final year even if he doesn't lace on a boot. The more productive question is: How can the Sea Eagles benefit from having Snake working for that last year contract payment?
Should he do promotional videos, such as T-Red did?
Should be become an assistant coach?
Should he run/walk the water?
Should he be offered to the media as a commentator to pump up Manly's appeal?
Should be run training camps for local schools?
The club should gain some value out of Snake if he is not playing. So, how can he help the Sea Eagles and 'justify' his salary?

If they have to pay him then I agree, although to my knowledge he doesn't much like the media spotlight so doubt he'd do promotional stuff.

At worst, run the water, and like Langer does run the game from the back, to be honest it's the least he should do if he's being paid $700k ( although I get the whole " he deserves it " deal).

He could spend the game barking in TT's ear and revving them up BUT does he still have the passion, I somewhat doubt it but would love to see it one more time.

If they have to pay him then I agree, although to my knowledge he doesn't much like the media spotlight so doubt he'd do promotional stuff.

At worst, run the water, and like Langer does run the game from the back, to be honest it's the least he should do if he's being paid $700k ( although I get the whole " he deserves it " deal).

He could spend the game barking in TT's ear and revving them up BUT does he still have the passion, I somewhat doubt it but would love to see it one more time.
He could always help his mate Zorba in the office with the paper work

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
9 6 3 57 14
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10