Slater Knob Fest

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
The NRL loves its Grand Final fairy tales and the cynic in me is saying that this is for show and that the judiciary will take all of 5 minutes to clear him. Which will be an absolute joke.

You should see the Scum fans blowing up delux on social media. And the funniest part is they reckon he should get off because he's a "great player" and "has done so much for the game" like there should be rules for players like him and rules for others.

I'm loving that they have charged him, but what worries me is that is their smokescreen. Hey, look at us, we're not biased, no room for emotion here in the hard nosed MRC. We've charged Billy Slater and he'll miss a Grand Final. No corruption in the NRL, no favouritism from us.

As soon as he pleads not guilty and contests it the judiciary will lap up the evidence from the Storm's chosen biomechanical expert who will prove through multiple camera angles and still frames that there was a genuine attempt to use an arm in the tackle. Case dismissed, Studs up free to play and Todd and his merry band of muppets look like they did their best.

The NRL loves its Grand Final fairy tales and the cynic in me is saying that this is for show and that the judiciary will take all of 5 minutes to clear him. Which will be an absolute joke.

You should see the Scum fans blowing up delux on social media. And the funniest part is they reckon he should get off because he's a "great player" and "has done so much for the game" like there should be rules for players like him and rules for others.
I've said it before,the only thing drizzle fans know about league is the driz are purple,vicco's are rugby league morons and also it's the only QLD team left so donkey's fans are on them.

Last edited:
I've said it before,the only thing drizzle fans know about league is the driz are purple,vicco's are rugby league morons and also it's the only QLD team left so donkey's fans are one them.

Mate, having just read a LOT of comments on their Facebook pages.....you're dead right about them knowing SFA about rugby league.

Most of them also seem to subscribe to the Thurston Newsletter. They think any decision that goes against the Drizzle is a NSW conspiracy to keep them down.

Last edited:
Its official Braith Anasta is a f#ckwit.

"It was a shoulder charge but Slater should be allowed to play the Grand final"

And Fox Sports are absolutely disgraceful in their coverage now. Everyone is saying he should play.

FMD Slater won't have to have a QC or any defense prepared, chanel 9 are even digging up useless video comparisons as argument he doesn't have a case to answer.

ITS A SHOULDER CHARGE

As noted earlier in the thread: how many weeks would Matai have got? Or in an even more extreme extrapolation.... Hoppa??

As noted earlier in the thread: how many weeks would Matai have got? Or in an even more extreme extrapolation.... Hoppa??

Wouldn't matter how many weeks they got, there would be no question that they would not be playing the GF and all the scum would be making sure it was guilty

I don't believe there was anything wrong with the Slater tackle. It was a desperate fullback doing what was needed to prevent a try.
Pre the shoulder-charge rule I'd seen thousands of such tackles.
Whilst the tackle is now deemed illegal and he will, by the letter of the new law, be suspended I believe the law is ridiculous.
The shoulder-charge rule was introduced to stop players being hit in the head with an opponents shoulder. Yes, these 'tackles' should be outlawed.
But bumping a player into touch with your shoulder - provided you don't come in contact with his head - should be legal imo.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11