Slater Knob Fest

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I put it to you that if Steve Matai did that tackle tonight that studs up did, would the commentators have the same sympathy.

If it was Stevie that got that close to Feki tonight, there would have been a totally legal shoulder under Feki's ribs and he would be writhing around amongst the advertising hoardings in all kinds of hurt.
Penalty to Sharks, Matai on report, 10 in the bin and suspended for 3 weeks.

Studs up...illegal shoulder charge and gets off in front of the judiciary and goes on to receive the Churchill medal next week... and all is well in Greenberg's universe.

Another day in the life of the Manly Warringah Sea Eagles.

Next year get a REAL coach to make our roster as tough as our supporters have been for decades and we will give it a good shake.

Last edited:
Were you not entertained by the NRL's showcase of a slow, grubby, gang-tackling wrestleathon? What about the completely one-sided policing of basics like the 10 metre line. What about the inevitable square-up penalties for offenses that were deemed completely fine for the previous 60 minutes. This is what the NRL is like most weeks now. And honestly if park footy was played like this there will be no one left in 5 years.

There is an amazing amount of general apathy towards the game at the moment by even veteran rugby league fans. It has been like this for some time. Yet the people who run NRL are completely ignorant of this, and think the game has never been better than under their watch. The only problem in their eyes seems to be that people don't #talkthegameup.

Now compare this to the AFL who actually treat and run the game from top to bottom like they are actually (and this is the main point) the custodians of the sport itself. And they are smashing the NRL in every single facet of the game as a result.

Rant over.

Todd has checked the footage of Slater's shoulder charge and has contacted the match review committee. Situation in hand, Todd's got this

todd.jpg

And why weren't Cronulla awarded a penalty try?

Why weren't Manly awarded a penalty when Ofahengaue kneed Tommy in the head? Why wasn't he even put on report for careless or even accidental contact to the head like so many other were over the season? It cost us a player yet the reaction from the refs was nothing more than having someone else playing the ball when it was apparent that Tom wasn't capable. No penalty, no put on report, not even a whisper about it from the MRC.

In there NRL there are the have's and the have not's. Manly are currently in the have not class.

2 weeks before they decided it was another 6 weeks. I cant believe the Coach of the Australian side saying "i hope common sense prevails"...f#ck off

Don't get me wrong, I like Meninga and was always a fan of his. But once a Queenslander......o_O

If its a Rorters vs Scum GF it will be the first GF I have never watched

If I don't watch (and I'm not saying I won't because I probably will anyway), it would be the first I haven't watched since 2006.

Other than just blatantly changing a rule one week out from a GF, there’s just no way for Slater to play in that game. As a clear an example of a shoulder charge from side on that you will ever see. Penalised on field as a shoulder charge. Commentary did their best to dress it up as something else, but all of them conceded it was a shoulder charge. After the Billy player of the series medal in SOO, if he gets off and plays a farewell game, everyone other than the Melbourne fans will blow up.

Even Thurston on Ch.9 all but conceded that his mate was in serious trouble. But you could see he didn't want to say it.

Fatty said in their post game last night that if Slater gets off then everyone other than Melbourne fans are going to blow up about it.

The worst on Nein for me (as usual) was Andrew Johns. Once again the drug phucked Immortal went into his "defend the star player" mode and was trying to convince everyone that it wasn't even a shoulder charge. I swear he thinks that the only players who do anything wrong are those who put a hit on one of his precious halfbacks. If that had been a forward putting a shoulder charge onto any of the halves last night he would have been blowing up like like piece of plutonium at Bikini Atoll.

Isn’t a shoulder charge treated the same as a dangerous tackle?

Remember ainscough on the storm guy in the 99 grand final?

Melbourne won that gf due to the penalty try for a dangerous tackle,

So they should count themselves even when billy is suspended.

And why wasn’t it a penalty try last night?

The same Rugby league talking heads that complain about the inconsistency with the rules and officiating every week will be the same ones saying Slater should play next week because "common sense".

Yes I'm pretty sure the little known, fine print, Billy Slater 'common sense' clause will be invoked in the next few days.

Looks like Slater will be fronting the judiciary.
Got a charge worth 200 points.

Do the right thing judiciary members, and rub him out!!
150 points is what they are saying but maybe that's with an early guilty plea.
Which he won't take.
They'll make sure he plays...

Sorry, but if Slater gets rubbed out for putting his body on the line like that, the game has really descended into Snowflake Central.

We’d probably all agree BUT the rules are the rules and even Go. can’t escape them.....well maybe Cam Smith but not Go.

We’d probably all agree BUT the rules are the rules and even Go. can’t escape them.....well maybe Cam Smith but not Go.

And that was exactly my point mate, that it has become Snowflake Central when a great last man tackle like that gets a player rubbed out. Don’t care who they play for.

And that was exactly my point mate, that it has become Snowflake Central when a great last man tackle like that gets a player rubbed out. Don’t care who they play for.

It’s been snowflake central for a while now, when Addin got suspended for bracing himself in goal at the start of 2017 I knew we’d hit rock bottom.

I think he’ll play they have to charge him to keep up appearances but the fix is in no doubt!!

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10