Signings very quiet

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Have you had a close look at the players who remain uncontracted @SeaEagleRock8 ? There is not a lot of quality left out there. Certainly no one springs to mind from the current leftovers as making a difference for us next season. De Luis provides great depth in a position where we need both experience and depth. I think we need to lock him up. Looking at the composition of the squad for 2022, we need another backrower, a centre and a utility back that can play fullback. I don't think we have the financial capacity to even look at many players that could take us further next season. So we are really are just looking at the journey men, the unloved and the unwanted. Copley could be worth a look for example, purely as cover/depth. Billy Magoulis could also be worth a shot, Ray Stone I guess but we are already scraping the bottom of the barrell. We might be better off fasttracking some more juniors, than working with players we don't really need, who don't offer anything different to the players we are not keeping on.
Contracts don't mean much. We will get who and what we need. Juniors filling the remaining spots won't win us a premiership. I dont think De Luis needs to be added to the top 30. Kepp him at Blacktown and if injury strikes we can call him up next year again. No one else would be signing him.
A couple strike outside backs and another forward and I'll be happy but if we add Woods, Bullemore and get Davey back then I think our forwards are probably OK. Need to sort out the centre position and a back up fullback as priority! I'd still be willing to try Schuster at centre and use Bullemore/Davey in backrow.

Contracts don't mean much. We will get who and what we need. Juniors filling the remaining spots won't win us a premiership. I dont think De Luis needs to be added to the top 30. Kepp him at Blacktown and if injury strikes we can call him up next year again. No one else would be signing him.
A couple strike outside backs and another forward and I'll be happy but if we add Woods, Bullemore and get Davey back then I think our forwards are probably OK. Need to sort out the centre position and a back up fullback as priority! I'd still be willing to try Schuster at centre and use Bullemore/Davey in backrow.
Who do you have in mind @The better Robbo ?

Haven't thought that deep about it. I'm sure Des is already short listing targets
Of course he is. So is Wayne Bennett for the Redcliffe Dolphins 2023. I think it might be harder to get club's to release good quality players with a new team coming into the competition. I think that's one of the reasons that the quality of uncontracted players is so low coming into November 1. I also think Des has done a great job in locking up our core squad (mostly) until end of 2023. I am also not trying to second guess the situation, because his recruitment decisions for 2021 have all turned out really well. Go Manly.

With Bullemore and Davey in, our forwards get some much needed mobility and mongrel. And Koula and Tippytoes will surely make their way into first grade next year and maybe join that backline in the centres for good. Froggs will be our 9 always till we get some sort of closure for Fainu, so he should work on his attacking game over the pre-season.

We need to sell Marty, he is solid and had a great year but we are paying too much. With the Taupau money, we should go for another forward to replace like Spencer Liu, or a high class 9 if we get update on Fainu case, or just some depth outside backs. NOT WOODS. I don't see where else we should look for recruiting. It's about building and developing what we got.

I also think Schuster should shift into 6 sometime next year instead of another year at backrow. He learnt the ins and outs of first grade footy this year alongside his mentor Foz. I love Foz, he's had a really impressive season and I hope he gets his fairytale but I do think we need to look for the future and develop Schuster before his overall skill sets and intuition he needs as a 6 just declines. It can be frustrating for a youngster who's played all his juniors as a half to come in and be locked into one side of the field. He's our future 6 and we shouldn't roadblock him for another year. Changes will happen, even if it was injuries, our team made a drastic change from what it was to the start of the year to the end. A lot of our predictions on what our strongest team would be at the start of 2021 would probably be laughable to the team we ended up finishing with this year. This is what I hope our strongest team kinda looks like by the start of the finals series next year:

Tom
Saab
Christian Tui/ Harper
Koula
Garrick
Schuster
Chez
Paseka
Crocker
Keppie
Bullemore
Smole
Jake

Walker
Davey
Aloiai
Sipley/Taupau/Sione Fainu with development/front-rower bought with taupau money, not woods though

Hard to keep Foz out, see how he fairs next year, but I think we all know he won't play past 2022. We need to get Schuster into his position and ready to play his natural game to lead the team into the future. Maybe Foz can play a Benji-type role as a 14, but IDK doesn't really work with his playing style.

So overall, wish list with Taupau money:
Spencer Liu
Top class 9 if Fainu chapter is closed
Depth outside backs

Otherwise, develop and build off what we got.

Koula was playing wing at blacktown this year im pretty sure. With taufua and tuipoloutu in the centres. Weekes at fb
Did see at least one highlights reel with Koula playing centre at Black Town previously and making a couple of good breaks . Only game that i saw him on the wing at Black Town was with Jorge and Suli in the centres and Tippytoes on the other wing . After watching that game , don"t think that Tippytoes is that suited on the wing . Zorba mentioned some weeks ago that he thought that Koula may be seriously considered as a centre next season in light of Suli likely moving on so have to assume that there has been some consideration to give him a go there next season .

Pls explain!

If fainu is excluded from the 30, and for whatever reason he becomes eligible to play mid 2023, then
1 he cannot play as he is not in the 30, or
2 one of the 30 need to be bumped out?

If he is in the 30 and is not eligible to play then
1 we can sign someone up until he is eligible and then bump them when he can play or
2 bring up a development player

Signed
Confused!!

Really don "t think that Schuster will be moved from 2 nd row for next season or will be undergoing some drastic and unhelpful weight reduction programme . Not sure where or what position Bullimor is being contemplated at present [ back row or prop ] and maybe Davey is staying on to have another crack and again would have to think that Burbo could offer something worthwhile next season as well . No reason why Foz "s body can not hold up for another year , know that there are some fairly formidable 6 's in Munster , Cody and Dylan Walker , Luili and Keary in other probable top four contenders but Foz can still hold his own there and play a key role again if his body can go around in good shape for another season

Pls explain!

If fainu is excluded from the 30, and for whatever reason he becomes eligible to play mid 2023, then

1 we can sign someone up until he is eligible and then bump them when he can play or

Signed
Confused!!

2021 PLAYING SQUAD​

This table shows that we have 31 players in the squad. It includes Manase and De Luis. It doesn't include the development players obviously. Based on that it's hard to know just how the Fainu situation works and what it means. De Luis does have a question mark against his name, so that's confusing as well.

Last edited:
From that list 6 are gone so we are down to 25 and have 5 spots. Bullemor (still not officially announced) makes it 4. Saddler may take 1 spot, Davey is missing and he takes the other leaving 2. Des will try and sign 1 outside back and leave 1 spot open till closer to start of season.

From that list 6 are gone so we are down to 25 and have 5 spots. Bullemor (still not officially announced) makes it 4. Saddler may take 1 spot, Davey is missing and he takes the other leaving 2. Des will try and sign 1 outside back and leave 1 spot open till closer to start of season.
I think that will be very close.

As always it's the player managers who want (themselves) their players to get more money and start pushing for upgrades or become homesick

Davey is on that list. Not including De Luis there is 24.
Bullemore is 1, leaving 5.
Even if and a big IF De Luis and Saddler are in the 30, that still leaves 3 spots.

Pls explain!

Signed
Confused!!
It’s the no fault stand down rule. Vague and not thought through, so anything can happen.

Davey is on that list. Not including De Luis there is 24.
Bullemore is 1, leaving 5.
Even if and a big IF De Luis and Saddler are in the 30, that still leaves 3 spots.
This list assumes Taupau is moved on for salary cap management). Note: Other assumptions include Cust & Suli (released), Funa, Boyle, Gosiewski, Taufua (not re-signed)

Turbo
Garrick
Schuster
Walker
Saab
Foz
DCE
Keppie
Croker
Paseka
Ola'katau
Bullemore
Jake

Lawton
Davey
Aloiai
Sipley

Harper
Parker
Woods
Tuipoluto
M Fainu
Koula
Burbo
De Luis
Saddler
S Fainu

3 squad spots open

Development squad
A Tu'itavake
K Weekes
J Humphries

1 development squad spot open

Even with upgrades for Saddler and S Fainu plus De Luis's inclusion there are three potential spots left in the main squad. M Fainu is included in the thirty as well.

This list assumes Taupau is moved on for salary cap management). Note: Other assumptions include Cust & Suli (released), Funa, Boyle, Gosiewski, Taufua (not re-signed)

Turbo
Garrick
Schuster
Walker
Saab
Foz
DCE
Keppie
Croker
Paseka
Ola'katau
Bullemore
Jake

Lawton
Davey
Aloiai
Sipley

Harper
Parker
Woods
Tuipoluto
M Fainu
Koula
Burbo
De Luis
Saddler
S Fainu

3 squad spots open

Development squad
A Tu'itavake
K Weekes
J Humphries

Even with upgrades for Saddler and S Fainu plus De Luis's inclusion there are three potential spots left in the main squad. M Fainu is included in the thirty as well.
That is a good looking side! A few extra handy additions to complete the squad.

That is a good looking side! A few extra handy additions to complete the squad.

Turbo
Garrick
Schuster
Walker
Saab
Foz
DCE
Keppie
Croker
Paseka
Ola'katau
Bullemore
Jake

Lawton
Davey
Aloiai
Sipley

Harper
Parker
Woods
Tuipoluto
M Fainu
Koula
Burbo
De Luis
Saddler
S Fainu

3 squad spots open

Development squad
A Tu'itavake
K Weekes
J Humphries

No taupau?? I reckon we need to let him go and have a crack at the cheese

I think cust will be retained.
He wants to play first grade @Shoe1 Where does he fit into Dessies plans? There were a number of games this season where he could have been picked, but wasn't. The game where Funa was picked at five-eight for example. Particularly with Fainu potentially coming back into the mix. It would be great to keep him as depth though, but it would probably be another year without playing many games for Cust. .

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4