Signings very quiet

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Read that article, not much too it, basically Read just stating that Tigers may let Garner go and we have previously been interested.

He is just putting 2 and 2 together
Yeah I think it is just rehashing old stuff so they can have a story about teams not in the finals - clickbait for fans of the bottom 8 teams, who, let's face it, have no reason to go to the fox site these days.

Not that I think that we need Garner but there is no way that we have to let Marty go to afford him.
Some salary cap will be freed up with Siro and most likely Suli going. Also with players like Tafua and Boyle off the books.

Pass on Garner: Olakau'atu, Schuster, J Trbojevic, Lawton, Davey, B Trbojevic, Saddler is already way too many to carry.
Disagree we need another edge.

Not saying Garner but could do need a player.

Saddler is a middle and Im not yet convinced. Davey is coming off a bif injury and was hardly established anyway and we have lost Sirro and Gosie (I presume).

Burbo can hopegully step up but we are still light on edges.

Ben Turbo will be pushing for a second row spot next year so why would we want a plodder like Garner?
I wouldn't describe Garner as a "plodder". In fact, I think he is a mobile player who could fill in as a centre, if needed. But your opinion on whether he is more valuable than Burbo is probably correct.
Next season I see The Shoe transitioning to 5/8 with Foran reducing his workload and, perhaps, taking on a role as a coach of one of the junior sides. I see him as becoming a RL coach or administrator and hope he remains within the Manly system.
Our primarily needs next season are to have options in the centres and a back-up fullback, imo.

Not that I think that we need Garner but there is no way that we have to let Marty go to afford him.
Some salary cap will be freed up with Siro and most likely Suli going. Also with players like Tafua and Boyle off the books.

Players who will not be on our team next season (no cap hit):

LOSSES
Curtis Sironen (confirmed - St Helens)
Moses Suli (all but confirmed - St George)
Tevita Funa (all but confirmed - Warritahs)
Keith Titmuss
Jorge Taufua (likely to remain unsigned)
Jack Gosiewski (likely to remain unsigned)
Morgan Boyle (likely to remain unsigned)
Cade Cust (possibly Canterbury)
Andrew Davey (possibly club not taking up offer)

GAINS
Ethan Bullemore (possibly)

UNKNOWN
Manase Fainu (unsure if he STILL counts towards the cap)

UNSIGNED
Dylan Walker

LOSSES
Keith Titmuss

GAINS

UNKNOWN

UNSIGNED
Dylan Walker
Anything confirmed on Cust

Pass on Garner: Olakau'atu, Schuster, J Trbojevic, Lawton, Davey, B Trbojevic, Saddler is already way too many to carry.
If foz gets injured, Schuster will go to five eight. Then we are short a quality starting backrower. I can see plenty of upside amd value in signing someone like Garner. Good hole runner

Wonder why he is at Newcastle? By all accounts the Mule is still a regular at the Harbord Hilton.
Long drive for The Mule and risks DUI. There was a recent story a month or so back explaining his post footy life in the Hunter.

My Newie based brother is obsessed with The Mule!

Ok - I'll bite.

I love the passion; everyone who says that they are a real Manly fan - and can afford it - should be a member. I agree.

However, I don't think you have a real handle on how difficult it is, and may have been, for some over the past two years. Imagine having your household income decrease by over 80%, with a mortgage still to pay. All from circumstances that you didn't initiate, and can't control. Imagine wondering how you were going to afford even the basics of life like food; football memberships, like many things, are purely discretionary purchases. Imagine no discretionary purchases at all, and having to default on your mortgage for over 18 months. All of this has been my journey.

Don't tell me I'm full of @#$% if I haven't bought a membership lately. Be encouraging, by all means. But don't disparage others unless you know everyone's personal circumstances - which you don't.
Well said. Hate I the idea of making someone feel like they are not true fans or not apart of something just because they can’t pledge finically. It’s a tough time for a lot of people and whilst some lucky people may be able to buy one and that’s great others will not be in a finically position to do so and should still be included as a real fan.

yeah his mum threw that down in flames on Facebook page. Imo we need to keep the kid but on other hand we can't keep him parked behind halfs and never get a shot
That wasn’t his mum it was his Aunty … his mum dosent coment much on fb but she is a follower of page.

I wouldn't describe Garner as a "plodder". In fact, I think he is a mobile player who could fill in as a centre, if needed. But your opinion on whether he is more valuable than Burbo is probably correct.
Next season I see The Shoe transitioning to 5/8 with Foran reducing his workload and, perhaps, taking on a role as a coach of one of the junior sides. I see him as becoming a RL coach or administrator and hope he remains within the Manly system.
Our primarily needs next season are to have options in the centres and a back-up fullback, imo.
I cant see Foz easing off next year unless there is an injury. He's got some legs left in him yet.

LOSSES
Keith Titmuss

GAINS

UNKNOWN

UNSIGNED
Dylan Walker

We now know Walker will be re-signed which given his recent form coming off the bench, I'm happy with. It's easy to forget he can cover centre or 5/8.

I really hope Davey gets a chance after his season ending injury in Round 3. I think he offers plenty without being flashy. Just quietly goes about his business and is not taking up much cap space.

Last edited:
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4