Signings very quiet

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I dont think we really need foran to improve to win a comp. He has been playing well.. if he can continue his form it shouldn't be an issue in my opinion.
What we need to consider here is if the team can go to the next level with Foran or Schuster at 5/8 .We can only find out if Schuster is given the opportunity in the first couple of games next year because we only saw him play one game there this year .( against Parramatta )

Big call but Foz has gone as far as he can. He killed it but it is time to get Schuster out of 2nd row, put him in 5/8 develop a hard running 2nd rower like Garner, Burbo or even Parker (great defence as well) . We need more speed in at least one centre position as it is obvious who we attack through. Davey and Bullimore are hard runners and this will help greatly. Toff could be in trouble.

Sione Fainu has the amazing build for this powerhouse type of forward coming through. Unlucky he got injured at the end of the season.
From Ennis with the Blues 18's: NSW Under-18s coach Michael Ennis described Fainu as a really modern-day front-row or middle forward who has got beautiful subtleties with his ball playing. These comments were well and truly justified after Fainu was awarded the NSW Under-18s State Player of the Year the Brad Fittler Medal Awards night in September. Two years ago but was the gem forward then.

Sione Fainu has the amazing build for this powerhouse type of forward coming through. Unlucky he got injured at the end of the season.
From Ennis with the Blues 18's: NSW Under-18s coach Michael Ennis described Fainu as a really modern-day front-row or middle forward who has got beautiful subtleties with his ball playing. These comments were well and truly justified after Fainu was awarded the NSW Under-18s State Player of the Year the Brad Fittler Medal Awards night in September. Two years ago but was the gem forward then.
Good call Darren I think we all forget about Sione. Let’s hope he has a good off season. 🙏

I don't think we really need to sign anyone if our young guys come through well. Time will tell!
Agree. If Walker resigns as predicted we have kept our top 18 from the end of this year. Add in Bullemor, Davey and possibly Fainu. Then young backs Weekes, Koula, Tuipuloto and forwards Ben T, S Fainu, Saddler and Tuitavake.
In comparison Rabbits lose Reynolds, Gagai and Marshall. Storm lose Finucan, Hynes and Addo- Carr. Panthers lose Burton, Capewell, Naden and Pangai jnr.

We don’t
Agree. If Walker resigns as predicted we have kept our top 18 from the end of this year. Add in Bullemor, Davey and possibly Fainu. Then young backs Weekes, Koula, Tuipuloto and forwards Ben T, S Fainu, Saddler and Tuitavake.
In comparison Rabbits lose Reynolds, Gagai and Marshall. Storm lose Finucan, Hynes and Addo- Carr. Panthers lose Burton, Capewell, Naden and Pangai jnr.
it’s a good point. Roosters will get a few back from injury so will be stronger than when we played them last. Eels will be about the same as this year.

New stars will emerge at some clubs, but we are on the rise.

I think the club would benefit from having a mindset of promoting from within wherever possible. It would be beneficial if a young player was confident he'd continue being promoted if he played well enough, rather than feel like an outsider could be recruited at any time and stifle his opportunity, such as what Penrith pulled with Pangai.
It seems to me that we have built up our junior teams to be very competitive so let's not block their progression. If we can continue to build the culture of loyalty being rewarded then we'll see stronger results on the field plus better control of our salary cap.

Where would you play him @double hoops DCE will be at the club for at least two more years. Foran has another year to go, and Schuster will take that spot. We arguably have enough cover in the hooker spot, until Fainu comes back and when he does we have too much. Walker and Lawton cover the utility spot on the bench. Cust wont have a shot there whilst Walker and Lawton are with us. Cust cant play any other position except hooker and halfback. He isnt a five eight, and even if he was we have Shuster, Lawton and Walker as cover there. Weekes and potentially Humphreys to come through in two years time. I am guessing pre-season Nov 2024. Unfortunately for Cade he has lost his window with us. I personally dont think its fair to hold him back if another club offers a regular first grade spot. Right now its hard to see who that might be.
I agree but I think it's a terrible shame.:emconfused: Cust has a bright future. No guarantees Fainu will be any good . . . He might be like W Hopoate 2 yrs out and comes back rubbish.

I agree but I think it's a terrible shame.:emconfused: Cust has a bright future. No guarantees Fainu will be any good . . . He might be like W Hopoate 2 yrs out and comes back rubbish.
That's a little harsh about Hoppa!
Will Hoppa has been a top performer and certainly one of his team's most consistent in each of the seasons he's played.
Just slightly short of Test honours (for Australia, but did represent Tonga), but I think he pretty well got back to where he was.
After his comeback he did continue to play Origin for NSW in both 2014 and 2015.
I do agree though, if he didn't have the time away at such a young age he might have developed to an even higher level. Hard to know for sure.

I think will hoppa was one of the most dynamic junior fullbacks ever. Strong, elusive and mature beyond his years in terms of playmaking.

After 2 years out he came back and had an 8 year career as a bog average defensive centre in bottom 8 or spoon teams.

It is fair to say his career never reached the heights it once promised.

I think will hoppa was one of the most dynamic junior fullbacks ever. Strong, elusive and mature beyond his years in terms of playmaking.

After 2 years out he came back and had an 8 year career as a bog average defensive centre in bottom 8 or spoon teams.

It is fair to say his career never reached the heights it once promised.
Yes, he threw away the glory of winning for cash. For mine, never as good after he came back.

I’d suggest we’ll get an announcement #nextweek in regards to departing players.

As to any signings that usually takes place with the really big launch of the membership campaign ( soft launch to date ).

Mid November maybe but certainly not #nextweek
Yeah as normal we find out on a player social media or via photos from first training day of 2022

Yeah as normal we find out on a player social media or via photos from first training day of 2022
Yeah it’s one real beef I have with our club in comparison to others.

They mostly do a great job in communications with members but this part of it is sadly lacking.

Now I certainly get that they may not be able to announce a high profile “ contract jumper” ( if we had one ) until after November 1st BUT if for example we have signed Bullemor / Woods then as they’ve been released there’s no reason why it couldn’t be done now.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6