Signings very quiet

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

manlyfan76

There is no A.I. Just better computers
I notice we have been very quiet in the player signing area. Not much press or news from the club of any incoming players.
We will no doubt turn over a few from the 30 whose Deals are expiring.
they will need to be replaced.
wonder if Fainu KDL etc will just fill up?

I notice we have been very quiet in the player signing area. Not much press or news from the club of any incoming players.
We will no doubt turn over a few from the 30 whose Deals are expiring.
they will need to be replaced.
wonder if Fainu KDL etc will just fill up?

Honestly, we don't need one signing. We may lose a few with a few stepping up into their shoes. Let's build from within. We have Sione Fainu, Kaeo Weekes, Alec Tuitavake, Ben Trbojevic, Tolutau Koula, Jamie Humphreys, Chrisitan Tuipulotu, Zac Saddler, Kurt De Luis on the outside of the top 17 (on top of Morgan Boyle, Cade Cust, Andrew Davey, Tevita Funa, Jack Gosiewski, Toafofoa Sipley, Curtis Sironen, Moses Suli, Jorge Taufua - who this week can't even get a run).

Buying from outside the crop, you pay overs.

i thing the moses sulis contract holds a lot of weight . i think des will sign walker if moses moves on and with a stack of upgrades and martys backend id assume its tight

Honestly, we don't need one signing. We may lose a few, with a few stepping up into their shoes. Let's build from within. We have Sione Fainu, Kaeo Weekes, Alec Tuitavake, Ben Trbojevic, Tolutau Koula, Jamie Humphreys, Chrisitan Tuipulotu, Zac Saddler, Kurt De Luis on the outside of the top 17 (on top of Morgan Boyle, Cade Cust, Andrew Davey, Tevita Funa, Jack Gosiewski, Toafofoa Sipley, Curtis Sironen, Moses Suli, Jorge Taufua - who this week can't even get a run).

Buying from outside the crop, you pay overs.
I agree, and you can possibly throw Bullemore into the mix as well. We have been very focused on developing juniors the past few years, which has worked a treat. Our two junior sides made the grand final again this year, so I can't see any reason why the club would change their approach in the short term.

Club only have eyes for this years premiership atm.:trophy:
The lack of public speculation about Manly signings is a good sign, it means we don't want to harm the morale of this year's squad just now and also means we don't have terrible leaks in the organisation, as we've suffered in the past.
I've no doubt that we're looking closely at a few selectively targeted possibles, may even be well advanced negotiations but keeping it under our hat?
As @Cliffymagic says, Manly would be an attractive club right now, so doubt we'd need to pay overs for anyone (which we can't afford to do anyway)

What happened to Marty being free to explore options and potentially going?

Hopefully we will sign for 2023 at a reduced rate.

The lack of public speculation about Manly signings is a good sign, it means we don't want to harm the morale of this year's squad just now and also means we don't have terrible leaks in the organisation, as we've suffered in the past.
I've no doubt that we're looking closely at a few selectively targeted possibles, may even be well advanced negotiations but keeping it under our hat?
As @Cliffymagic says, Manly would be an attractive club right now, so doubt we'd need to pay overs for anyone (which we can't afford to do anyway)
Harmony at the club is best it's been since our last Golden period...the last thing the current squad need to know is Manly officials are looking at blokes to replace them, apart from those already at Manly fighting to break into the Top 17 - which is healthy
I am really not interested in hearing about who Manly are signing, more retaining this current squad and the addition of the young Champions coming through.
It's a long off season, so happy to hear about the design of our 2022 squad - after the successful completion of 2021...

Last edited:
I'm always an advocate of one or two new faces to at a minimum freshing things up

This year the squad is looking great with good harmony so nothing major but Bullemor and another promising forward suits me

Last edited:

It seems to be a bit of a stand off with Marty, he's coming to the backend of his career now, he will want to get the best deal for himself, and I don't blame him. Looks like he'll be playing out his contract with us next year, don't think Manly will be offering him a deal beyond that though.

It seems to be a bit of a stand off with Marty, he's coming to the backend of his career now, he will want to get the best deal for himself, and I don't blame him. Looks like he'll be playing out his contract with us next year, don't think Manly will be offering him a deal beyond that though.
Booze will use this post as the basis of a “standoff” headline at manly this Sunday.

He will definitely sign on for a reduced rate for 2023 as it will be his last contract.
The problem is next year, he is apparently on a sizeable back ended contract of around 800k which might be a problem for our salary cap.
If a club is prepared to offer him a 2 or 3 year deal for next year and beyond, then the club wouldn't stand in the way of him leaving.

Any signings that we make will be heavily dependent on what happens with Taupau and Suli, and to a lesser degree Cust. I would like to think we find a way to retain Taupau for next season at least. Assuming that Suli is released, and potentially Cust as well, that opens up six spots for the 2022 squad. Out of that Fainu and Saddler will almost certainly be upgraded from the development squad. That still leaves four spots up for grabs (two if Suli and Cust are retained)

Suli - Released
Boyle - No New Contract Offered
Funa - No New Contract Offered
Taufua - No New Contract Offered
Gosiewski - No New Contract Offered
Cust - Potentially Released

We will be signing two players at least from outside the Manly system for 2022. I think that its more likely that we sign four.

Last edited:
i thing the moses sulis contract holds a lot of weight . i think des will sign walker if moses moves on and with a stack of upgrades and martys backend id assume its tight
i think moses suli himself holds a lot of weight(especially in the off season).

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7